Vapor Talk Birthday And Facts

So Vapor Talks 9 month Birthday is coming soon (14th of this month) and although we really shouldn't call it a birthday until the first year I thought I would share some facts about the forum anyway. I have to say the forum has grown very fast, although Vapor Talk is 9 months old we didn't actually go live until around mid February. So the forum is actually only about 8 months old. (Man have we grown in a short time) Only recently has the traffic to the site really started to spike, especially this month.

I can't find the old screen shots I took of the first forum that was launched but I promise on Vapor Talks first birthday I'll upload the database and let everyone check out the old site. Have a play around in it.

Here are some facts about Vapor Talk - The numbers may not be as big as ECF but for how short of a time we've been around with no PR and all word of mouth it's pretty impressive.

1. Did you know Vapor Talk was originally called E Smoke talk? You can still access our site via http://www.esmoketalk.com We changed the name to due to a possible copyright issue. I think the new name is better anyway.

2. There are "hidden" pages on Vapor Talk. They reference a fraternity.

3. To date members have viewed the site over a half a million times.

4. The average member spends about 10.10 minutes on the site at any given time.

5. 42.24% of you use Internet Explorer, 40.59% use Firefox, 8.33% use Opera, 4.50% use Safari and 3.84% use Google Chrome. A few also visit using their iPhones and Blackberries.

6. 40% of you access Vapor Talk from work.

7. 89.16% of you use Windows, 8.78% use Mac. The rest use everything from Linux to the Playstation 3 platform. Heck, someone with a Nintendo Wii likes to access the site as well. (Who uses a Wii to browse the internet?)

8. More members use a laptop to connect to the site than a desktop.

9. Someone who accesses the site quite often has a OC-3 - 155 megabits per second connection. It doesn't appear to be a business connection. Holy crap.

10. 96 countries/territories have visited Vapor Talk so far. The United States visits the most, followed by Canada then the UK.

11. Women spend longer time reading posts than men do. Men stop being so lazy.

12. Vapor Talk receives hundreds of emails a month. Emails ranging from annoying general ecig questions that can be answered faster on the forum, business inquires to thank you letters. (we love thank you letters) We also receive stalker emails, perverted emails and even a death threat.

13. Well over 10,000 emails a week are sent out by the server keeping members up to date on posts replies, private messages and new topics.

14. We have blocked over 4,000 spam bots.

That's all I feel like posting for now. :)

Thanks for being a part of Vapor Talk, we love you guys! :D

Happy 9 month birthday! This site is much more friendly and easier to use than "the other one". Plus you guys are funny. But I only really post so I can check my no smoking counter! LOL!

I did notice something else, too. You seem to attract a lot of noobs which is awesome. That says your site is friendly to people just getting started. Nothing could be better than a place for people to learn about vaping in an atmosphere that is simple, friendly, and informative. Good work on that. I found ECF somewhat overwhelming which put me off when I was a noob. Know what I mean? You guys never give the RTFM response to anybody either. That's way cool!

Great facts Chris,

The problem with the other site is it loaded with self important members

that feel they must stroke each others ego's. If a new member has something to ask

or wants to contribute to a topic, they are pounced on.

Your site doesn't make people feel that way, and if arrogant members start acting

that way, they should be asked to show respect to others, regardless of there experience

or knowledge.

Just my 2 cents

Jeso

this is definitely the site for noobies and experienced alike. people are very helpful and answer even the oddest questions :) i will agree that other forums are very full of self absorbed no it alls!!

Happy Birthday!!!

Edited by Ofortuna

Gotta agree, this site is the best for those just learning. Most sites flame you for asking questions and just point out the search bar instead of helping to answer an easy question. Search bars are too unsocialable and never hurts to ask questions, cuz someone may have a better answer then was stated in some old post :)

Been here for a few months and check most of the new posts, not once have I been disappointed in reading responses to questions from new members. Have yet to see a single person flame someone for asking a question. Great member base we have. Keep up the good work :)

Honestly I came across the other site first. The big dividing line to me seems to be those in search of the best vape and those in search of the best cart. VT is definitley a haven for drippers and the other site is great if you are trying to figure out the best way to make a cart last. I also find that the other site is the first place you end up after being burned by a mall kiosk. The bigger issues of someone seeking advice to the next level can be found here.

Happy Birthday. Yes Chris, this is a GREAT thing youve started. Ive owned a computer for about 12 years now, and this is the FIRST forum Ive ever tried. I joined when I was researching before I purchased, and I just felt like I was at home from the first visit. Since, Ive tried out a couple of other forums, but this is BY FAR the one I come to the most. Kinda my home space. Vapor Talk serves an invaluable need to vapers. Keep up the good work, and thanks to all of the great members here who always make me feel welcome. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Man I love this site you guys are awesome! :thumbsup:

I am a member on the other site but that was just so I could look at the mod pictures and learn how to make them. I have to agree, that site has a very high tension level, Vaportalk is very laid back and friendly :hug:

Thanks guys! I'm so sorry I took so long to respond today I've been up all night with Ashley at the hospital. All is good though! (1st Trimester Baby Scare)

The other forum has some awesome information but damn everyone is so mad! I remember when I first signed up over there I bitched about a supplier not holding to what his website said, it was minor and the supplier ended up being one of the best around. That aside man did I get a verbal/text slap across the face for daring to question the all mighty ecig supplier (fan boys). I thought to myself, well then, I'll just make my own damn forum, I have the know how. Nobody took it seriously at first. 10 members? Bla they are small time. But we kept doing our thing, without Spamming the net trying to get people to sign up. I figured people would find there way here eventually. And look where we are now, not doing to bad and we have some of the most kick *** members! :D

There is nothing worse than a noobie getting slammed for not using search. Although our search feature works well and it can get a little repetitive answering the same question over and over, the bottom line is, it's the same on all forums, heck since the beginning of Internet. Nobody wants to use search. It's just easier to be spoon fed. Well I gotta big spoon! :lol: Like they say, there are no stupid questions only stupid answers.

I'm glad you guys enjoy it here. I think if we keep it a friendly environment it will stay that way. We also have a sweet warning system in place so anyone who wants to be an ***, will have a chance to change before we send them over to the ahole camp.

Again thanks Guys! :D

Oh and another little fact, some of you like to PM and Email telling me I spelled "Noobie" wrong all over the forum. ACTUALLY it's the gamer way of saying Noobie. The gamers pick it up, the English teachers don't ;)

Oh and another little fact, some of you like to PM and Email telling me I spelled "Noobie" wrong all over the forum. ACTUALLY it's the gamer way of saying Noobie. The gamers pick it up, the English teachers don't

LoL never even noticed... been playing WoW too long! :whistle: