Omg, Threads Again (Ego C)

So I'm not sure how to avoid having to continuously purchase cones. If anyone remembers quite recently I had an issue with my cone dethreading, went and bought another one, and here we are again.

Thing is, I screw my cone on very gently, almost slightly loose. Then eventually it will be on there so hard I need pliers to remove it. (Thus blemishing it anyways.)

Here's how my last venture ended:

That is the peice that comes from the cone, stuck inside of my battery. I attempted to use pliers to remove it. It smashed, and is now stuck in my battery. Believe I now have a screwed battery. Kind of ridiculous, considering the care I take of my eGo.

Anyone had similiar experiences or any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Any ideas how I may get that thing out of my battery? I've attempted a small computer screw driver. Just won't come out.

Half venting, half looking for assistance :D

post-12402-0-41199000-1334421834_thumb.j

I think I would just go comando and forget the cone on the next one.You might be able to use a pointy divider as a spanner wrench and work it out ,It helps on stuff like that to be pushing and pulling as you turn it.

I've never heard of anything like that hapening. If you can grab it with needle nose you can try pushing down or up while also moving it counter-clockwise. If it comes out try to thread on a dead atty to see if the threads are ok. I don't know what you could be doing wrong. As long as you don't overtighten in the first place this usually doesn't happen unless mabey the threads on that battery have already been messed up before.

That that sucks, i can say @ times it can be a little tough to get off but I have never had or even tempted to take it off with pliers.The few times I did have somewhat of a issue I would take a thin rag a lay it over the hole and then used the groove with my finger nail. For the most part just putting a rag around the flange does it making sure i am just turning ring and not the cone @ the same time. I don't know maybe take a drop or two of juice and apply to threads before re-assembling

I tried a pliers at one point...and learned my lesson. Don't use carpentry tools on vaping equipment if you can avoid it. I am now very careful of overtightening...

I don't know what can be done there...I have 4 ego-c cones I use a lot and have never had that happen...Sad that this keeps happening to you...

• 1 month later...

That's what I hated about my ego-c. I felt like I had to be a rocket scientist just to use the darn thing.

I had to watch a new youtube video everynight to see how to dry it, clean it...heck I felt like I had another kid in the house to take care of LOL. I feel your pain!

• 3 months later...

How are you assembling it? Are you setting the new atomizer into the collar or, dropping it into the cone and then screwing the collar on? I always drop it into the cone and flick it with my finger a couple of times (gently) to make sure it's seated and then screw the collar onto the cone. I have heard of folks having problems with the atty's if they try to put it into the collar and then screw it into the cone. Just an FYI and I'm not saying this is your problem but, something to look at maybe?

Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's what I hated about my ego-c. I felt like I had to be a rocket scientist just to use the darn thing.

I had to watch a new youtube video everynight to see how to dry it, clean it...heck I felt like I had another kid in the house to take care of LOL. I feel your pain!

Love my Ego C and would not use any other device. Long battery life and great hits. Had one problem with a dud 650 battery which was purchased from a company that now I am convinced has severe quility control Issues. Now I only buy replacement parts from the company where i origanally bought my Ego C and have had no issues. Guess it may depend on what company you go with? Different strokes for different folks. :yes