Anyone Else Have A "bug Out" Bag?

kind of, but certainly not specific to a zombie apocolypse. think more, total government collapse. or any other number of incidents that are entirely possible. invasion from another country?

Haha i remember an episode on Mash where they had to Bug Out and poor Klinger had to give up half his wardrobe .

I live a half arsed bug out life everyday of the year and i'd never be fully ready for the real deal. Threads like this one help remind me of the necessity of preparing though.

I used to have those survive in the woods on pennies a day survival books but lost them along the years. Anyone have any good recommendations?

the older you get, the harder it becomes to have a 'bag' that keeps all the 'stuff' you gotta have. Hell, most of the stuff I need would take a few hours to load up in my truck if the feces really did hit the rotary wind device. That said, I guess I probably SHOULD put a bug-out bag together....guess it's time for another trip to Army Surplus to grab a few ALICE packs!

If things get that out of hand there is not likely any place to bug to.I am not sure I am up to a Mad Max existance.Those kinds of things are kind of like buying gold for when our cash is worthless and stocking up on weapons and MRE type foods.Someone looking to make a buck off people who are on the gullible side.just sayin.

go over most the lists out there and it really comes down to KISS (keep it simple stupid!) good knife, water purifying tabs, lots of matches in a waterproof container, a good mummy bag, etc. Humans don't need a lot to survive for a few days/weeks. And that's all a bug out bag is really intended for. Certainly not a permanent solution

If things get that out of hand there is not likely any place to bug to.I am not sure I am up to a Mad Max existance.Those kinds of things are kind of like buying gold for when our cash is worthless and stocking up on weapons and MRE type foods.Someone looking to make a buck off people who are on the gullible side.just sayin.

meh, although its certainly a market, I'd rather b prepared for close to anything, than be caught with my pants around my ankles not knowing what to do. I have a wife and 5 year old that turn to me for support. If (is it a big if? Sure, but see above) **** would ever hit the fan, I'd rather have somewhat of an idea what to do and the tools to do it, than (like I said) be caught not knowing what to do.

and to elaborate on that, I'm not talking about building a huge bunker with massive weapons cache's and years worth of food/water. I'm talking about a select few items that could mean the difference between survival and death over a few days/weeks. A small amount of money for a small amount of items could be priceless.

Edited by blucavvy

• 5 weeks later...

meh, although its certainly a market, I'd rather b prepared for close to anything, than be caught with my pants around my ankles not knowing what to do. I have a wife and 5 year old that turn to me for support. If (is it a big if? Sure, but see above) **** would ever hit the fan, I'd rather have somewhat of an idea what to do and the tools to do it, than (like I said) be caught not knowing what to do.

and to elaborate on that, I'm not talking about building a huge bunker with massive weapons cache's and years worth of food/water. I'm talking about a select few items that could mean the difference between survival and death over a few days/weeks. A small amount of money for a small amount of items could be priceless.

My sentiments almost exactly. I watched all of my friends and family go nuts over Y2K. My father-in-law bought 100 acres and made it into a safe-haven for the family. He spent over half a million in two years preparing for Y2K. You wouldn't believe me if I told you all he did. The family was recruited to assist in the preperations. He had a lot of friends that were preparing also and me being an electrician got up to speed on photovoltaics real fast. I installed a lot of solar panels for a lot of people who were in a near panic over the situation, including a very smart doctor in Missouri with a mountain top retreat, complete with 60kw of diesel generators, medical facilities, food storage and an arsenal that looked like something out of Rambo.

I spent the night of December 31st, in Laurie, Missouri at our lake house with my soon to be wife and her kids. I was prepared if the lights went out but not if society collapsed.

I wasn't concerned that it was going to affect our way of life, I don't believe that anything will happen here of that magnitude. The government or the "powers that be" will not allow anything like that to happen because they would lose control. They are not going to allow that to happen.

We stay prepared for natural disasters like hurricanes and have many places to go if our home is damaged and uninhabitable. I have ridden out three hurricanes in our present location and each time the power was out for two weeks. I have a generator that is big enough to keep the freezers and refrigeration running and I keep a good supply of gasoline on hand and diesel for the tractor. We live in the sticks and off the beaten path and have a well stocked pantry and a water well that will run off the generator. I'm not a nut but I do prepare for emergencies.

• 4 months later...

I have a "Bug - out" House! I ain't going anywhere...at least not initially. Best to let the entitlement horde thin itself out first if you must go somewhere. Collapse is coming...no one who has a fundamental understanding of math can deny it.

Math is not politics.

Math takes no sides.

Governments can distort it, extend & pretend with it etc. But in the end...Math does not care.

Math is TRUTH.

And the pain that the TRUTH of math brings will be...exquisite. Especially for the sheeple among us that are absolutely clueless to what's happening around them, too busy worrying about the next iphone they HAVE to have or what Kim Kardashian is doing.

Sweet dreams and may all sleep well tonite.

Edited by LoTech