Darwin

If you have the money for one definitely go for it but coming from KR808s you can get a device for half the price that will do almost the same thing as a Darwin and spend the extra $100 you would have spent on attys, cartos, and juice(holy run on sentence Batman!).

The Darwin has its faults but is also a very technically advanced PV. I'm not a fan of the arm, the non replaceable batteries(must be sent in once a year for replacement), and its kind of ugly IMO.

If you really have your heart set on it go for it! But you can get the same vape from a VV PV for half the price and have plenty of money left over to stock up on other things.

Not trying to talk you out of it. Like I said it is the most advanced PV on the market. I just think you should do a little more research before dropping that kind of cash on a PV.

If you already have...well...enjoy your Darwin! :)

P.s. lucky

sent from my ice cream sandwiched Samsung fascinate

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

Another thing. The Darwin is great if you have tons of differently resisted attys and cartos laying around. You can set it and forget it ans get the same vape no matter what you throw on it. I personally only use standard resistance. I phased out everything I owned that was low resistance on the last mystery box round. If you only use one resistance variable wattage has nothing on variable voltage IMO.

Provari is always an option, that does not have a proprietary battery (different options actually). It does just about everything the Darwin does but works on voltage readings rather than watts. I was partial to the Darwins until I had a discussion with someone the other night and got swayed towards the Provari. You can get a Provari kit with 2 batteries and a charger for less than a Darwin and then you can always have an extra batt ready, rather than having to buy 2 Darwins to always have a charge. Just a few things to think about, but like Bob said there are plenty of mid ranged items that are vv like the lavatube. I as well started with an 808 kit, quickly stepped up to an eGo, then I won a Lavatube as well as another VV device and just like with all hobbies you will eventually want the top of the line and I believe if its in your budget to do so you're better off getting what you will eventually want as soon as possible. I already want to get a Provari after 2 months of vaping and a few devices already. Stepping up to a Darwin or Provari sooner than later will save you money in the long run if you intend to stick with vaping rather than buying 500 dollars worth of mods that will sit around once you quickly decide you want the Provari. Just my two cents.

At 3.7 volts a 1.5 ohm atty hits like 3 ohms at 5 volts, and atties are cheep compared to a Darwin.

I'm a big fan of ego low resistance atties type a type b

Ego t or ego c ego mega dual. Coil cartos I use them all.

For 65 bucks you can make any mod a variable voltage mod

Ego booster.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus

At 3.7 volts a 1.5 ohm atty hits like 3 ohms at 5 volts, and atties are cheep compared to a Darwin.

I'm a big fan of ego low resistance atties type a type b

Ego t or ego c ego mega dual. Coil cartos I use them all.

For 65 bucks you can make any mod a variable voltage mod

Ego booster.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus

On paper this is true but in my experience it is not.

3.7 volts with a 1.7 ohm Atty is 8.05 watts

5 volts at 3 ohms is 8.33 watts

This is where I like to vape. However in my experience using a LR carto or Atty at 3.7 volts is a completely different vape over a SR at 5 volts. It makes no sense because the wattage is pretty much the same. The SR at 5 volts however gives a much better throat hit than the LR at 3.7 even though the wattage is the same. Vapor and flavor are still great at lower voltage with LR but the vape is completely different.

I will take SR at higher voltage over LR at 3.7 any day. I have phased out all of my low resistance stuff since realizing this.

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

But mods are so pretty :)

Yes they are and expensive. I think I have settled down to two mods the buzz pro and the lava tube. My others mostly just sit there but I will use them every once in a while. The third choice is the K go and last is the ProVari but that is because of arthritis. my hands get so swollen that i cannot separate my fingers and there is only hurting and no real touch feeling – so the clicky clicky clicky clicky clicky and waity, then clicky again thing don't work. :yes

On paper this is true but in my experience it is not.

3.7 volts with a 1.7 ohm Atty is 8.05 watts

5 volts at 3 ohms is 8.33 watts

This is where I like to vape. However in my experience using a LR carto or Atty at 3.7 volts is a completely different vape over a SR at 5 volts. It makes no sense because the wattage is pretty much the same. The SR at 5 volts however gives a much better throat hit than the LR at 3.7 even though the wattage is the same. Vapor and flavor are still great at lower voltage with LR but the vape is completely different.

I will take SR at higher voltage over LR at 3.7 any day. I have phased out all of my low resistance stuff since realizing this.

I agree with this, finally getting some SR carts and getting the full effect of the LavaTubes VV I would much rather rock a 3 ohm cart at 5 volts than a 1.7 on my eGo (even though I only use LR on my eGo now). I really prefer the SR on a higher voltage to LR at 3.7 and the TH and vapor warmth is noticeably better with the SR than a LR on 3.7. Also I really do enjoy being able to "taste test" with variable voltage to see how your juice tastes the best because there is most definitely a difference with juices at different voltages.

Also the lava tube has a rather large and loud activation button that is easy to press. The power button and the + and - buttons are on the other hand really small and located rather close together which might bother you. If your arthritis really comes into play when fiddling with devices there are a few mods that you can find that will suit you even though like you said some of them will cause you more harm than good possibly with a lot of clicks and hard to press buttons.

Yes they are and expensive. I think I have settled down to two mods the buzz pro and the lava tube. My others mostly just sit there but I will use them every once in a while. The third choice is the K go and last is the ProVari but that is because of arthritis. my hands get so swollen that i cannot separate my fingers and there is only hurting and no real touch feeling – so the clicky clicky clicky clicky clicky and waity, then clicky again thing don't work.

If you have problems with arthritis try out the saber touch from vapor moon.com

It uses a touch sensor instead of a button.

If you have problems with arthritis try out the saber touch from vapor moon.com

It uses a touch sensor instead of a button.

Yes, the Saber Touch is an awesome mod that is reasonably priced and very easy and comfortable to use!

Juices make a big difference also, to me at least.

And how you vape, I like manual switches so I can hit the button for 10 seconds or so.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus

I like manual switches too. I tried the automatics at first, but they don't seem to hit as hard.