Ego-C Arrived, Need Some Help

Tkato

I Was really excited to finally have it, filled the cart with some camal flavor that came with it, but when I take a puff I get good vape, horrible flavor (my bad for ordering camel flavor) and the smoke is really, really harsh, kinda makes me suffer..

Any way to make it better? The juice is 24mg 100% PG, got some other ones coming next week, hopefully they'll do better. But is there anyway to improve it?

sounds like the atty is dry. did you allow time for the juice to wick down to the coil of the atty?

one of the tips i've heard helps is to take a paperclip or toothpick and gently press the wick down SLIGHTLY through the spike, supposedly that helps with wicking problems.

but when you fill a fresh cart, on a fresh atty of a brand new kit you have to allow for some transfer time. fill it up, lay it on it's side and let it sit attached to the pv for 20 mins or so.

It takes a few puffs or more(up to a tank-full) before a new atty is broken in and the flavor tastes like it should. I like to drip 2 drops in on a new atty before I put the tank in. This helps it not be so nasty on the break in period.

If it is still harsh and nasty after a while you may have wicking problems with that atty. If so take out the tank and drip 2-3 drops in. Put the tank back in and try it. If it is good for a couple puffs and then gets harsh again that means it is not wicking properly and you might want to try a different atty but save that one because it can be fixed.

I would never stick anything inside the spike tube because there is a tiny metalic wick inside that when compressed will surely screw things up. Also it could push something into the coil wire which could break it completely.

One other thing I want to add about juice not wicking from the tank. When you puncture the tank there is a small round flap that stays connected to the inside of the tank cap. I sometimes take that off because if the tank is rotated in a certain position it could restrict juice flow. I always line up the tank with the button but when I put it in the first time I line it up perpendicular to the button to puncture it and then rotate it 90 degrees. I haven't had an issue with this if I remove the tiny flap or not but this is what I've heard and I can see how it could make a difference.

The eGo C can be a great ecig when it works properly and it usually does but there are lots of things that can go wrong and it's not the perfect ecig. There are no perfect ecigs imo but I have to say that I do like the tank. I know how to make it work for me because I used the first tank eGo for many months and had very little problems with it. The eGo C is almost the same but more complicated in a way. If you read the thread in "help it broke" you'll see what I mean. Seems like it's a lot more complicated than it is but It really isn't. It is enough that I wouldn't talk people into it. Even though I like it a lot and would never get rid of it. I might put a drip tip on it and direct drip sometimes and I might get on of those elegance clearomisers and try that out but I won't stop using the tank. It works great for me.

Tried all of your suggestions, didn't quite help.. So I came to 2 conclusions:

1. E juice at 24mg Nic and PG 100% is perhaps a bit strong for me.

2.The Dekang juice I got from forever vapor is fake (didn't come with a box, and the flavor is called camal and not desert ship)

Either way I blame the juice..

I'm waiting for an order to arrive and made a new one at evcigarettes.

Hopefully everything will be alright..

Altough it's starting to taste better, or maybe it's only psychological, didn't touch an analog since I started so I'm happy :)

When I first recieved my Ego-c I was also using a 24mg PG juice I got from my vendor. The nasty flavor was there for me too, I found that I had to go through about 3 tanks before the atty hit well and the flavor stopped tasting harsh and nasty. The reason for that flavor is the lubricant or some kind of oil the manufacturer puts in the device. Did you blow out your atty before screwing it on?

It could be a dry atty, but you did state you were getting good vapor. If that is the case than it is possible the 24mg is too high for you. You might want to step it down a bit.

^Agreed. what kind of cigarette did you use to smoke, 24mg might be a bit high for your taste

By reds I assume you're talking bout Marlboro, I'm not sure why 24 would be too strong then I used to smoke Camel turkish royals and newports, the 24mg is good for me, I only use one 16 mg flavor. I suggest to get a 16 and see how you feel about that one.

Congrats to you for not smoking. About the eGo, if it is creating a decent vapor and seems to be working properly then mabey that's not the juice for you. I can't imagine that you got bad juice but anything can happen, I suppose. I

don't think 24mg is too much for you especially if you smoked a pack a day or more. 16 or 18 would also do the trick.

Harsh throught hit and a good strong TH are two differnt things.

higher nic will give a better TH but not neccesarally a harsh one. Other properties of a juice can give a harsh TH such as too much alcohol or certain flavor ingredients. Most of us here want a strong TH but if you are getting an unpleasant one then something must be wrong. If you are getting a good plume of vapor the eGo is probably working good.

If you get a headache you might want to stop. You don't want to take in too much nicotine.

As far a cig-brand flavors. None of them actually taste like a cigarette but there are plenty of good tobacco flavors that IMO taste better. Marlboro, Winston, Camel, Hilton, are all very simalar and they vary from suplier so do 555, ry4, turkish tobacco, flue cured etc. You will stumble accross one you like more than others in time but ANY of these should be OK and not extremely harsh at any mg. level.

I'm sure everything will be fine, I forgot to mention the atty makes noises as well, atleast used to, now it's silent and flavor is way better :) already got a shipment of 120mg of juice coming (555, desert ship, banana, watermelon,english toffe :)) so I'll surely find something that suits me!

Thanks for your input! You all have been really helpful! :)

I'm sure everything will be fine, I forgot to mention the atty makes noises as well, atleast used to, now it's silent and flavor is way better :) already got a shipment of 120mg of juice coming (555, desert ship, banana, watermelon,english toffe :)) so I'll surely find something that suits me!

Thanks for your input! You all have been really helpful! :)

I am going to assume that 120mg is a typo and meant to be read as 12mg.