Ego C Oil Leaking?

MommyMcG

Hi all! I've been vaping for all of 24 hours now... bought the eGo C starter kit.

I like it, I'm getting vapor, but I seem to have an oil leakage. Oil seeps out and seems to be between the atty and the atty base... And when I lick my lips after a puff I can taste concentrated flavor on my upper lip, and I'm worried about ingesting even small amounts of the liquid.

I followed all the assembly instructions (badly written and tiny photographs of a black unit against a black background, that sure helps) and all I can figure is I don't have the tank cartridge correctly seated on the atty. "Push the cartridge straight onto the atomizer. When it is 3mm from the bottom of the atomizer, push harder when you feel the tank/cartridge is punctured, then spin 30 to 60 degrees to ensure correct placement."

The cartridge is in the black holder part, how the heck am I to tell when it's 3mm from the bottom of the atomizer?

The cartridge will rotate fully when assembled, there is no "30 to 60 degree" stopping point - have I maybe "spun" too far and made too big a hole?

The cartridge COMES WITH a hole in the bottom, that's how I filled it. (Yet when I refilled this evening, using the same filler bottle and the same technique, as much oil lay in a pool on top of the cartridge as went into it...) Have I somehow poked too big a hole in the bottom of the cartridge? But if that was true, why did the oil go in almost perfectly the first time I filled it, but not the second?

I've now disassembled both unites and lined up the parts. There are oil marks under the attys, atty bases, and cartridges.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Or is it just a matter of practice makes perfect? I'd really rather not ruin all five cartridges that came with the kit before I figure it out!

Thanks.

All eciggs have a learning curve,you started out with a little more complicated outfit than most of us .After two years I still have not tried a tank so I cannot say for sure what is going on.I would be confident in saying it is just e-liquid leaking and not oil.It will not harm you to ingest a bit but you will soon figure out how to avoid it as it can be a bit nasty.You should be able to find some how to videos on YouTube just type in EgoC and see what comes up.A lot of people are more than happy to share thier hard learned lessons that way.

you might want to look in to picking up some low resistance boge 510 cartomizers for it for the time being till you get the leaking situation figured out. they're very simple to use with little to no leaking, you could just set the tanks aside and revisit them at another time.

The tank has a cap ( the end with the hole) that pops off for filling. You dont have to try and fill it through the hole. My tanks rotate 360 also but never had a leaking issue. Are you sure the tank is pushed down completely onto the atty head?

Thanks for the videos - VERY much more helpful than the instruction booklet. Big leakage problem has been solved. However...

Another problem is that on two of the three tanks I've opened, a small amount of juice is being pulled into the little chamber by the hole where you draw. It then gets sucked through the rubber mouthpiece and onto my lips. Is that normal?

Thanks again.

I use cartomizers, not tanks but I can tell you if I overfill the carto and get fluid down in the middle of it the I can get a mouth full of e juice as well. I haven't gotten sick from it and am learning to not put quite so much liquid in there. Learning curve...blech