Brand New Ego -C

How did you fill it? If you took the cap off to fill it you have to put it back on! Also you need to push the tank all the way in so the spike will puncture that end cap. If it continues to leak try another tank. Mine works fine with thick and thin juices.

anyone having problems with the ego-c drooling? i cant seem to keep any juice beit thick or thin ,in the tank , hhhhmmmmmmmm ??????

It's cuz you're noob and don't know what you're doing. :sofa:

Mine seems to wick fine but I did run into a problem with the heating coil getting gummed and acting like an old spent atty. I have to guess it was because of using a high VG mix. It hasn't happened on my mostly pg stuff. If it gets this way does anyone know if it can be saved? I already did it to 2 of them.

Not the rubber condum thing. That you take off. The tank has a end cap that is on really tight. If you put that tank in the cone it pierces the cap end of the tank. Pull it back out. You can now fill it with a syringe that way through the hole. OR You can pick that end cap off with a strong fingernail and drip your juice in the tank, then snap the end cap back on. It will click in. Put the tank back into the cone. It will come on and off easier the next times you do it.

:dizzy:

Don't these things come with directions?

Mine seems to wick fine but I did run into a problem with the heating coil getting gummed and acting like an old spent atty. I have to guess it was because of using a high VG mix. It hasn't happened on my mostly pg stuff. If it gets this way does anyone know if it can be saved? I already did it to 2 of them.

Dry burn it. Take a small utensil (I use a laptop repair tiny screwdriver) and pry the spike from the atty body. Insert body back onto holding cup and place cone as usual. Hit the buttton for 3-5 seconds and watch for the smoke. Blow the smoke away, repeat until you see the red glow all across the coil. You will now have grey ash on the coil which is the burned away VG juice residue. I use a trimmed back flux brush (.50 at local hardware) to brush away the residue. Atty will come back to life and is now good to go.

VG juice and sugary flavors are hard on the Ego C. I have great luck with my one and only menthol, as it burns real clean. PG juices tend to ignite quicker and atty will last longer between dry burns. Atty eraser is an absolute must for me and the Ego C. Don't even bother with atties anymore and test all juices through the C tank. I have one tank filled with atty eraser and run it following dry burns and flavor changes.

It's good stuff.

Hello Mas. I use this stuff.

http://vapetherockie...&products_id=20

Some say it is just a VG clear mixture, but I have my reservations on that. If this were true? Would not most vendors be offering it? Not a DYI person, so cannot attest to content.....but it works great. It's vapable and not nasty or chemical at all. As mnetioned, I just fill a tank with this and insert tank after flavor changes and dry burns. Soon as you can detect the cleaner, it's good to go. Dry burning atties is nasty if you just insert your next juice and vape. It'll take half a tank of yucky to remove the burnt ash taste. Not to mention your whole tank will become contaminated as the recycling juice will be taste terrible.

Your in CO? Should be hop/skip/jump to obtain this product.

Here's one persons take, and I concur.

http://vapenstein.co...y-flavor-eraser

Edited by maverick

Not the rubber condum thing. That you take off. The tank has a end cap that is on really tight. If you put that tank in the cone it pierces the cap end of the tank. Pull it back out. You can now fill it with a syringe that way through the hole. OR You can pick that end cap off with a strong fingernail and drip your juice in the tank, then snap the end cap back on. It will click in. Put the tank back into the cone. It will come on and off easier the next times you do it.

:dizzy:

Don't these things come with directions?

Alas, the directions and photos that come with are INCREDIBLY vague. I wasn't even aware that the "condom thing" wasn't the cap the instructions were talking about! thanks.

Hello Mas. I use this stuff. http://vapetherockie...&products_id=20 Some say it is just a VG clear mixture, but I have my reservations on that. If this were true? Would not most vendors be offering it? Not a DYI person, so cannot attest to content.....but it works great. It's vapable and not nasty or chemical at all. As mnetioned, I just fill a tank with this and insert tank after flavor changes and dry burns. Soon as you can detect the cleaner, it's good to go. Dry burning atties is nasty if you just insert your next juice and vape. It'll take half a tank of yucky to remove the burnt ash taste. Not to mention your whole tank will become contaminated as the recycling juice will be taste terrible. Your in CO? Should be hop/skip/jump to obtain this product. Here's one persons take, and I concur. http://vapenstein.co...y-flavor-eraser

Interesting, i'll have to try it out. Will it work with cartomizers or just atomizers? I change flavors quite a bit so this might work well for me.

Thanks for the heads up

Did try it on a Boge 2.0 and does work, though not near as one would like. To saturate filler with this means it's hard to run it back out for the next flavor. I stopped messing with cleaning cartos a few months back. It's not worth the hassle and one only gets another half life (or less) out of cleaned carto and I just toss em. YMMV

Just place one drop of eraser on the coil after dry burning, place spike on atty, insert tank loaded with eraser, and vape a few times until you taste the eraser. I don't actually vape this but it will not hurt to inhale it. The first few pulls will be kinda nasty.

Flavor changes are a snap with no nasty taste. Just place the eraser tank, hit until you no longer taste the previous flavor. Do the change.

Good tip maverick. You said:

Dry burn it. Take a small utensil (I use a laptop repair tiny screwdriver) and pry the spike from the atty body. Insert body back onto holding cup and place cone as usual. Hit the buttton for 3-5 seconds and watch for the smoke. Blow the smoke away, repeat until you see the red glow all across the coil. You will now have grey ash on the coil which is the burned away VG juice residue. I use a trimmed back flux brush (.50 at local hardware) to brush away the residue. Atty will come back to life and is now good to go.

That worked really good. Sometimes I have had issues with wicking so i pulled out the material around the coil and the metal mesh out of the spike. This didn't help the wicking, it might have made it worse, but when the juice is there I get the most vapor and flavor I've ever got on an eGo of any kind.

The metal mesh will probably help it wick and won't hurt vapor production so I wouldn't recomend taking it out. I was just experimenting. Drawing without pressing the button will bring juice to the coil if it seems dry.

Fusiontech and Mommy McG: Hope you got you're eGo's are working for you. They're not the easiest e-cig to start out with. :)

I never used the ego-C, but I did start off with the ego-T and had nothing but leaking issue problems, but I fixed that quickly and created the below video. this is the first I heard of leaking issues with the C. bit I'm sure the same fix still applies because they use the same tank/mouthpiece.

mjradik, thanks for the video. I'm new, and have been feeling stupid thinking the leaking HAD to be operator error. I have switched to new tanks, and now I only get leaking (GUSH leaking) when the tanks are about a quarter full. At least I'm guessing that's when the gush starts - I shut it down and pull the tank and find about an eighth left in the tank, the other eighth all over the unit and my hand.

I'll look for the soft caps you describe and a needle.

mjradik, thanks for the video. I'm new, and have been feeling stupid thinking the leaking HAD to be operator error. I have switched to new tanks, and now I only get leaking (GUSH leaking) when the tanks are about a quarter full. At least I'm guessing that's when the gush starts - I shut it down and pull the tank and find about an eighth left in the tank, the other eighth all over the unit and my hand.

Are we making sure the tank is snapped down tight in the cone? Are you getting the proper hits up until the quarter full point?

Maverick, yes, I push the tank down until it "pops," then twist slightly just like in the directions. Good hits, lots of vapor, loving my new toy, everything's fine until GUSH and my hand gets wet.

I just ordered a bunch of empty tanks, will also order some additional caps; maybe in my trying to figure out the problem I've made it worse by wearing out the holes in the ones that came with the starter kit.

Gotcha McG. Just checking and did it once myself....causing the consequent mess you describe. A bit puzzled on this one however. Normally a bad spike/tank seal will result in leaking all the way through the fill. Every draw creates a vacumme and feeds the atty. If it's only happening with one atty assembly, it could be your wick is too far down in the spike?

If it's happenning to ANY atty with the same tanks.....then your new tanks are the ticket, I would think. Do keep us posted?

That is the main problem I had with the hard caps with the T. It would be fine starting out, but once the tank got 3/4 empty, the remaining would just gush out. Switching to the soft caps fixed that problem, but after a few uses of each soft cap, leaking would start agian. Putting the hole in the soft cap made each soft cap last for weeks instead of a day or two.

This is MADDENING! My soft caps just arrived. Filled the tank 3/4, assembled everything, started happily vaping thinking I had solved the leaking problem. Heard a slight gurgling noise as I drew on it; three puffs later, ALL the juice was out of the tank, in the assembly and on my hand.

Yes, I got the right size caps. Yes, the tank was inserted fully and everything assembled properly.

5 attys came with my starter kit; I've opened and tried 3 of them and have had drool/leaks with all three. I only brought 1 to the office today in anticipation of the caps arriving, I'll try out the other 2 attys tonight. Or all other 4. Don't tell me I already have to buy (and wait for) another strip of attys.... with no guarantee that they won't leak as well...

WTF?????

Meanwhile, I'm shooting through e-liquid at a rapid rate without even vaping, and spending money on accessories (a case, the caps, new tanks, a syringe, etc) for something that may just be a piece of crap.

Frustrated.

Any other bright ideas out there? Help, please!