Low Resistance Vs. Regular Atomizers For Ego-C

VaporMikePL

Hi all, new to the forum but not to vaping. I recently aquired the eGo-c starter kit with the low resistance atomizers.

I am only on my first atty out of five but I am going to need to order a new set sooner or later.

My question is simply how are the two different? I chose the lower resistance atomizer because I remember reading a few reviews saying that the regular attys just don't cut it. What are the main differences between regular and low resistance attys? Are there advantages and disadvantages to both?

lower resistance attys on a lower voltage battery (like ur ego) will help create a warmer,thicker vapor and will probly even help with throat hit.

however, lower resistance hardware will draw more power and drain ur battery faster between charges. Its a double edged sword.

Some may argue that LR attys are to hot for delicate flavors but I don't think this is much of an issue. I like the fact that I don't need to hold the button down for a full 5 seconds to get a big toot. The standard atty I haven't tried yet but I will pick some up at some point. I'm sure they perform very well and might be better with some juices.

Changing atty resistance has a similar effect to changing voltage on a variable volt mod.

Yeah I really like how the LR attys are hitting, the battery seems to hold pretty long on the LR, at least long enough for me. I might order the regular ones next time and see how those feel. Thanks for clearing that up

If you like how the LR's taste, stick with them. The Standard resistance ones are A LOT cooler and much less flavorful. I personally use the Ego-C daily, and the LR's are the only loves for me. Standard just don't cut it in this device. You will go through attys a little faster with LR attys, but it is worth it in my opinion.

Correct, stick with the LR's, I have tried both and like the LR's better. If you have money to spend and don't mind having 4 SR attys that you will never use lay around go ahead and pick them up, but the LR's are perfect for every liquid I have ever made/tried.

What kind of liquid do you like?

I guess I'll just be sticking with the LR attys then.

I don't own many liquids yet, but I seem to like darker, thicker liquids more. the RY8 is my favorite so far

Edited by VaporMikePL

Gotcha, The caramels/vanillas are much better on the LR attys.

The only situation where a Standard could be better is on a really light tobacco or a highly fruity juice. If you ever taste a burnt juice, and you know that your atty is clean, it might be too much heat on the juice. But the LR's certainly bring out the flavors better on the more complex juices. More heat=more flavorful notes in almost all juices, but you can go overboard and burn the juice. With the ego-c That is very seldomly a problem, I haven't had it yet, and I have tried a heck of a lot of juices.

Every time, the LR is better than the SR atty.

I've used both the LR and the SR, and I think the SR work better for me. The only problem I had with the SR were wicking issues, which happend in the LR as well but the LR oh course get hotter quicker and I got more burnt hits then I like. The two also seemed to have the same battery consumption to me.

But if the LR are working for you stick with them. I think cignot has an option to buy single atomizers that you could try just one to see for yourself

Didn't know you can buy single attys, cignot is a vendor that I purchased my ego from in the first place, and it's conveniently located about 35 miles away from me so I might get some single ones sometime in the near future