Nicotine Base Percent

grillman65

OK, FYI, I just started DIY. I use ejuice calc. for mixing. I know higher nicotine level needs more caution, but I treat all level's with caution. That said, I chose 60mg base. Whether you chose 60 or 48, 36, your still using the same percent of nicotine. Example, 60mg will ask for 2.0ml to create a 10ml sample. 48mg will ask for 2.5ml to create same size sample. So, the less mg base you use, the more you have to put in the sample. Does any of this make sense. Looking at the cost, the higher nicotine base you buy, the more it will cost, but you use less. Is this a savings from buying the 36mg base, I don't know. The reason I started with 60mg base was, I saw a DIY video and that's what they were using. So, any input would be appreciated.

i bought 100mg 6 ml about 4 months ago still got 1/3 s bottle and i make about 20-40 ml a week. yeah it is cheaper in long run but be very carefull with the high test. I reaslly dont think im gona use 100 mg again prolly just buy 36 mg because 500 ml that way is close to same price as 100 mg at 60 ml.

I bought a 250 mL bottle of 100mg/mL nic base. I expect it to last me 2+ years at approximatly 60 dollars. 60 bucks for 2 years of vaping. DEAL!

To answer your question, typically higher nic base equates to cheaper overall, but you have to be much more careful, and storage becomes an issue, 2+ years is a long time to store a product that could be reactive!?!?!

But if you know what you are doing, #getatitbro

I used to make my liquids at about 25mg so I bought 100mg base and had 25% in the final mix. Now that I'm vaping much lower I use 60mg base and still use about 25%. This gives me about 15mg in the end. It makes it easier for me to know that if I use no more than a quarter of the total volume of base nic, I won't go over what I want. I also know to put less than a quarter (5%-25% depending on flavor) of flavoring. Then split the rest with vg and pg to my liking. I could have made 15mg juice with 100mg base but it's easier for me this way.

For safety, I have vowed not to buy 100mg nic any more. I buy 48mg. Works good for me... I vape 24mg and usually make 30ml bottlses, so 15ml of 48mg nic, 6 ml VG, and finish the rest with PG and flavoring.