Problems With Dual Coil Tank

Mas924

So today I just received my first dct (dual coil tank) from madvapes and I'm not too sure if I like it or not. I haven't had any problems with filling or leaking but problems with juice feeding to the cartomizer. So far I have used two different juices from two different suppliers at a 50/50 blend. Unfortunately both juices have let me down when in the tank but taste fine in different cartomizers or atomizers. Both flavors are very harsh to point that it's too much for me and that has never happened to me with anything in the past including analogs. It leaves me with a sore feeling in my chest and throat. Everytime I check the cartomizer the feeling looks dry like its not getting enough juice, but when I top it off I still get that horrible dry throat hit. The vapor production seems to even be very low compared to using other devices with the same juice. I'm using a ego c battery at 3.7 volts and I believe the cartomizers are 1.6 ohms. Again I've used lr cartomizers and atomizers with this battery with no problem so I think 1.6 should be fine?

I really want these to work so any help or advise would be appreciated.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have had the same experience. That's why I have an unused pack of them just sitting on my desk. Sorry I don't have any helpful advice, just wanted to let you know you're not alone in your dislike of them. :)

have you ever tried a dual coil carto before at 1.6ohms?

also, a 50/50 blend may be too thick to seep in to the cartomizer, how big are the pre punched holes in the carto? vg is thick, and that mixture may just be taking too long to seep in to the carto and then wick inside the carto. if the coil isn't soaked you'll get that dry hit every time.

have you ever tried a dual coil carto before at 1.6ohms?

also, a 50/50 blend may be too thick to seep in to the cartomizer, how big are the pre punched holes in the carto? vg is thick, and that mixture may just be taking too long to seep in to the carto and then wick inside the carto. if the coil isn't soaked you'll get that dry hit every time.

I've tried 1.6 cartos and they were great. Which leads me to believe my juice is just too thick for the small holes in the cartomizer like you say.

Do you think adding another hole on the opposite side would allow juice to flow into the carto better? Or should I slot with a dremal tool? Or is there a way to widen the existing hole?

if you have a small drill bit for either a drill or dremel you could simply widen the existing holes. that's what i would do. if you have to i guess try a small slot. i'm guessing it's just the thickness of your juice, i just tried some 75/25 pg/vg mixture today, usually i vape 100%pg and this stuff is WAY thicker than the 100%pg so i can only imagine that the 50/50 if even worse. either way i think you need to make larger entrances for that juice to soak into the carto. whether it's a slot or a larger hole. like i said if that coil isn't moist you'll get a dry hit every time, period.

what mah is your ego if you don't mind me asking?

Well I drilled it to 1/16 and the juice seemed to fill the cartomizer a lot better. It seemed a bit dry so I topped it off. Now the draw is tight and the juice is popping through the drip tip onto my mouth!

I'm at a loss. Time the the garbage I think

your'e gonna have to visually guesstimate the size, does it look like it's an insane amount bigger or moderately bigger? if it's just a little bit bigger you'll be fine, if your'e gonna part the red sea then i'd say maybe think about slotting it if you think that you can make a smaller opening with a dremel

damn, it should not be like that man, i dunno what to say at this point, usually it's just a matter of widening the pre existing holes when your'e getting a dry hit. i'm kind of at a loss unfortunately, sorry bro

It's just a bit bigger not much bigger at all. I think I drilled too far and jacked up the entire thing.

Oh well back to the good ol boge 2.0 cartos.

Thanks for the help blucavvy.

If anyone else has some input feel free

Edited by Mas924

Hole size matters a lot. I was frustrated when I first got my J-tank because it was burning cartos. I tried cutting my own, and while I had some success, it was a pain in the butt, and the dremel I have isn't powerful enough for the job. If I ever get a new one, I might try that again... but I digress.

I then tried some cartos from other providers. I got some Smokteck dual coil LRs from Mom and Pop Vapor shop when I picked up a Submarine Tank, and those things leaked like a sieve on me. The closest I have come to perfection is the pre-punched cartos from Electronic Stix (yes, that is where you get the J-Tank, and no - my first batch I was using I didn't buy from there. Stupid, stupid!). There is a hole on each side, and the holes are about 1.5mm each. I think they would be perfect if they were 2mm using 50/50, but that is something I haven't tried yet. I am now using the tanks more than my old regular set-ups, so I have to say it is a success.

Don't give up on them - go back to what worked for you before, and experiment a little occasionally. Hell, PM me your address and I will mail you one of the LRs I have from them, and you can try it out.

Another trick I do is I load the carto before inserting it into the tank using the condom method. I don't understand why that isn't a standard in the instructions - it is way better than just sitting there and waiting for it to soak in, Then you can fill the tank and you are good to go.

Edited by Deadpool809

I'll have to try them out. I have some reward points from them I could probably use which will make it a little less painful lol

And I might just have to take you up on your offer while its 3 Am and your a little tired :D

Thanks Deadpool

I ordered some carts from electronicstix to see if two bigger holes would work. Being tired and not paying a lot of attention, I ordered a reg sized dual coil and an xl dual coil, and when I got them I then realized that the ones that came on the smoktech dct had the small plate on the bottom of the cartomizer. Of course the reg sized was way too small but the xl size fits but not perfect. It does hold juice and produces decent vapor but I have to be very carful not to move it very much.

I just dont think that dct are for me. :(

• 6 months later...

First of all, the ST DCT's suck. and you shouldn't slot them, they are wound too lose. you need to punch the holes bigger with an Akir punch. don't waste you're time and go out and get another tank. they are entry level for a reason..everyone moves onto something better..