Wood Tube Mod

whokrz

I don't know much about electrical, my electrical mod would probably set you on fire. Once I put a finish on the wood it is not very friendly to modification. The CA finish is brittle and probably wouldn't survive. I can't wait for Mega to get a lathe I am sure he will be making some really cool stuff.

Bob, I just got some XL3 tubes they are a 18650 with a VV switch. They are also about as tall as the EP14650. Hopefully Thursday I will be turning 1 or 2. I am not sure if they will work for you or not.

ecf can bite me, i was asking about bulk products just for my personal use and the post nazi over there deleted the thread and warned me about not asking because im not a supplier, ecf can go to hell

For the 14650 the drill bit I use is a 11/16 Forstner for the tubes. For the cone it is a 21/32 about 1/4" deep for the cone ring. Then I use 7/16 the rest of the way.

Got a few more pictures for everyone.

EP14-004c.JPG

14650 e-power in redwood burl

XL3-002c.JPG

XL3 18650 VV in Tasmanian Eucalyptus Burl

XL3-003c.JPG

XL3 18650 VV in Box Elder Burl (Brown)

XL3-005b.JPG

XL3 18650 VV in Box Elder Burl (Black and Gold)

XL3-004a.JPG

XL3 18650 VV in Buckeye Burl (Brown)

Hopefully next week I will be running a few in the XL3 Mini VV 18350 (tube only)

the look sick, the hell with the cones they look great by them selfs. id almost say put the switch on the lathe also and get rid of the cone threads. just my opinion. lol

the look sick, the hell with the cones they look great by them selfs. id almost say put the switch on the lathe also and get rid of the cone threads. just my opinion. lol

It doesn't look like I could get the switch apart to put it on the lathe. It would also be really hard on my chisel.

I like both with and with out the cone. I figured I would give people options and with out the cone it is a little cheaper.

These are gorgeous!!!

Turned a few more.

GOGO-001b.JPG

Go-Go in Box Elder Burl

XL3-006b.JPG

XL3 VV 18650 in Buckeye Burl

XL3m-002a.JPG

XL3 Mini VV 18350 in Bigleaf Maple Burl

XL3m-003b.JPG

XL3 Mini VV 18350 in Bigleaf Maple Burl.

XL3m-004c.JPG

XL3 Mini VV 18350 in Box Elder Burl

There are pictures of more wood tubes on discountvapers.com. They are not made by me, but they guy making them also does very nice work. In the future my work will also be sold at the same site.

Lewis

These are currently being sold at

http://www.discountv....com/wood-mods/

These are labeled as LG(Lewis Gentry) on the site.

The JF mods are done by Joshua Friend.

I thought I had posted this info, but only that they would be in the future.

Thanks to Bob it is now posted :)

Edited by whokrz

Eric at discountvapers.com is going to send me a Vision Tox VV 3.0v - 6.0v. The price for the Vision Tox is $64.99

I am going to try and turn both battery tubes that come with it. A am doing this because I want one for myself. If I am able to turn them I will post up pictures for everyone to see.

434727556_960.jpg

About a year ago I had Kallenshaanwoods laser engrave some gift boxes for me. They also laser engrave pens. I have been interested in these engravings for about a year. I am not sure if I can put a CA finish one them but I think I will be trying in the future.

Here is a picture to give everyone an idea of what I am talking about. These are two pen tubes that will be installed onto a pen try to imagine this on your PV with a CA finish over the top :)

SailingShipPen1o.jpg

post-1142-0-12503500-1332237111_thumb.jpThat's some nice work you do there Lewis! :thumbsup: I am currently playing with Alumilite to see if I can make a mod and e-liquid holder. It's showing some potential.

The ingraving picture is not actually my work. Hopefully in the future I will be making stuff like it on battery tubes and eventually other items.

The holder is coming out nice. I need to make a small one for my PV. I use CE2s and stand the battery upright. The cat loves to knock it to the floor.

Very nice 7, where did you find that drip tip for the EMDCC?

I.could be wrong but I think its just an Ego Mega drip tip. Available at a lot of.vendors.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk