Trouble With 510 Atty's From Tw

Havent been on in a long time, but I need help. I have been using TW Tornado for about 18 months. I love it when it works but it is driving me nuts how temperamental these things are. I usually buy my replacement atty's from TW. I buy two 5 packs at a time. What has got me upset lately is the quality. I am LUCKY if 2 out of the 5 are worth anything. Most of the time they dont work well or only work well for 2-3 days. Once in a while I will get one that will vape good for about a month.

So recently I had 2 atty's left and was thinking to myself I better order more since im running out. so i unwrap one of the last 2 and try it.....nothing no vapor at all, it barely even fires up..so I bust out my last one. It fires up but barely any vapor at all. Ive tried everything, cleaning them, direct dripping, recharging batterys...nothing works. So now I am all out of attys and sitting here with a pack of disgusting analogs !

I am torn about ordering more. I am definitely going to buy something because there is no way i can keep smoking these analogs. But I am getting tired of paying 50 bucks for 10 of these things and having only 2-3 of them be worth a damn. Cant they get the reliability up on these damn things??

Should I continue to buy these same atty's from TW or should I try something else? I really dont know what to do anymore. Someone please point me in the right direction before I puke smoking these Marbolro's........ :(

To start, the Totally wicked "Tornado" Is just an ego-T, so that may help you out with your searches and such. (Though I suspect you already know that ;)

The Ego-T was notorious for having atty issues, but never anything as bad as what you have experienced. I would go to another vendor or talk to TW about it. You shouldn't have 2-3 bad attys in a bunch...there are always some bad attys, but never 50% hopefully.

I might suggest upgrading your setup from the tank system, Ego-C or A VV device (such as the Lavatube) could be viable options.

I would HIGHLY SUGGEST you get some cartomizers as backups so you don't have to go back to your analogs...that is terrible that you had to do that...I feel horrible for you... pick up some of these from anywhere you want. http://vaporcrave.co...roduct-p88.html

Boge LR attys are a really good alternative to the tank system and they will work with your Tornado batts. They are 510 connection, the same as your ego style battery. The beauty of the batteries you have is they are very interchangable and you can easily use many different options on them.

Let us know if you have other questions ;) Good luck to you, and always have carts on hand in case of atty failure.

Edited by sasetrase

i picked up 3 boge attys with 5 carts for about 17 bucks. nicotinehighway.com theres coupon codes to out there as well.the attys i got are 2.5 ohms if this helps.

http://www.nicotinehighway.com/products/Boge-510%7B47%7DeGo-Atomizers-and-Carts-Combo.html

Edited by mega

Hey EasyE, Haven't seen you in a while, welcome back. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I usually check The resistance on my attys when I rec'v them so that if they are DOA I can return them. I like using LR510s from puresmoker (Have not had a bad one yet). However, to get them for about $5 each you have to buy 25. Good luck finding an atty you're happy with and maybe pick up a 5 pack of cartos as a backup.

yeah id say try cartomizers, they seem to be more convenient and i havent gotten a bad boge cartomizer yet that didnt work at all. or u can try the ce2 fluxomizers from gotvapes if you want something that might last u a bit longer (its still technically a cartomizer i think, just sorta like a mini tank with no fabric filling.

I use mostly 510 atomizers, sorry you are having so much trouble. Your first step should be to let TW know you are having this trouble....at least give them a chance to fix it.

That being said I get My atomizers from the LIberty Flights, Rocky Mountain Vapor, Wordup and of course TW....I usually order Atomizers when I am getting other supplies and liquids. I haven't had any trouble with the atomizers from these vendors. Occasionally, a dud will come through, but the amount you are talking about is way more than normal.....

There is no bottom hole to solder shut??

There is no bottom hole to solder shut??

i KNow those have no hole. talkin bout regular boge attys. if we fill the hole will it work? if so that would fix any leaking problem right.

Atomizers still have two tiny holes in the threading for airflow... so I'm not sure about that honestly. All I know is that for under $6 these SmartVapes 510 dripping attys are working great and lasting me a long time! :yes

Edited by DAYVAPE

maybe ill experiment with one im might debridge. i can ee the two small hole in it still so maybe my idea might work. idk i still got 3 brand new attys so....

stainless%20Da.JPG

That's correct... it doesn't have to have the larger hole in the bottom if it has the two smaller ones in the threads. I haven't seen an atty that didn't have the little holes in the threads... although that doesn't mean they aren't out there. I love those attys in the pic... hell, at under $6 a pop you can't go wrong... they have been lasting me a long time. I've been using the same one all day every day now for about 3 weeks... on my Lava Tube. I'm betting you could solder the hole up.... which might slow or stop your leaking. But, even closing the one up, you still have the two little ones that could possibly leak... but they are much smaller.

Edited by DAYVAPE

• 1 month later...

i'm currently using 2 pink 510 atties from TW that came in the kit i bought. i've had no issues...but maybe that's because either a. not many people order pink so they're older or b. i got lucky and mine are both OK - plus, they aren't for the Tornado (of course) so i may be comparing apples to oranges here, lol!

-daisy

Usually TW products are good, sometimes a bad batch slips through. Same can happen to any vendor. The tornado from TW is the same type as the Ego, KGO, Riva...all the same type, and all use 510 attys, cartos, tanks etc.

Its tough with so many products that are the same or similar with so many different names.

The origional is Joye Ego...Not sure if the Tornado is made by joye and sold under another name for TW

Sorry, Long winded tonight. essentially, The 510 atties will fit any 510 compatible product. They are apple and apples.

i guess i just figured once people stepped up to the ego range, they weren't still using the standard 510 things although they're threaded for them - does that make sense? i know there are large numbers of people in each camp of the LR vs standard range products and the preferences there - i guess that's where my apples and oranges are :argue: lol!

Edited by daisygirlie

I personally still love my 510 things. I use my ego batteries with an LR510 atty for dripping I do still use my standard 510's now and again. I actually find I like a lot of variety, but I always go back to my 510 atty's.

I love the interchangability of the 510 stuff. I do have a VV I use at home (that I use a standard 510 atty with), but love my ego battery for everyday use.

The other nice thing about the 510 series is there are adapters to it from almost every other model. I have to say I'm still totally excited about the Leo Blucavvy is sending, it'll be nice for my hands (another reason i was going for an ego - i just needed something larger) and the passthrough was because i burn through my three little batteries so there's always one on a charger!

i actually found an ego-c full kit for about $50 (us vendor) so that was the only upside - if i was going to upgrade it couldn't be more than $60 or we'd be stretching things and my fiance deserves to have a life too, lol!

TTFN -daisy