Wow, I Got The Green Light!

Diggs

So, like I have mentioned in some other threads, I now have my E-cig in my mouth almost constantly at work. I do this with the 510 with the manaul batt so it doesn't kick in when I draw on it and sometimes I take the batt off so it is lighter and I don't have to hold it in my clinched teeth. My bossman just stopped by and said "it must be nice to be able to smoke in the office now with that Electronic thing?" I told him that I don't activate it in the office I just keep it in my mouth to help fight the habit. He says "Why don't you smoke it, its not smoke, there is no fire and no tobacco". I didn't argue and mentioned to him my concerns about the stigma attached to E-cigs due to analogs and the fact the new campus will be tobacco free. He said he will even take it to HR for me since he works with them all the time (management stuff) and see what their take is on it.

Well, I am pleased to say the least. I am expecting HR to fully shut it down, but still for now I am golden to vape in my cube! He is extremely well respected here in our office and throughout the company so I have the right person representing my side of this. And he is so excited that I am not smoking analogs anymore. He said good, hopefully I can work with you now till retirement when I told him I had switched. :) The same guy refused to marry his wife till she quit the habit of analogs as well, which she did and they have been married for a good 10 years or so. He is anti smoking in a big way, doesn't lean on you about it, but is really pro vaping after seeing the changes it has brought to me. Anyway, I hope others run into similar experiences. With all the sillyness w/ the government/FDA/Antismoking groups, it is nice to see an everyday person can understand the benefits.

Diggs

BIG congrats!!!

Cant wait til EVERYONE gets that chance!

I can do it at my desk as well, at limited times. Can't do it when the corperate dudes are in yet, but I'm thinking about taking some info packets to our HR, perhaps they'll allow it? :)

Being a working musician by trade, I'm finding a good deal of acceptance of my e-cig at the venues I play. Often the proprietors are curious about the device, and some I've turned into customers (I import and sell e-cigs on a small-time basis). I've yet to have a venue prohibit my use of e-cigs inside (though one minion at a community theater wanted to, but I disregarded his bull$hit). Depending on the venue, I don't typically use it while onstage, just during my breaks. Other gigs where I'm playing more in the background, I'll take a hit on my e-cig every once in awhile, but try to be discreet, as the last thing I want is a patron complaining to management (it's hard to combat ignorant bombast with facts and reassurances).

I work at home now but when I was in the office I use to vape all I wanted. The only guy that bitched was this young dude who thought it was "cheating". So it's OK to take time off work to walk down to the "smoking tree" and BS with the rest of the smokers but it's not OK to sit and your cube and work while you put out harmless water vapor? What a douch!

Well, I work at a hospital (of all places, and in I.T., not clinical) and my boss doesn't mind, but stupid azz co-workers complained that the "2nd hand smoke" (they are pretty stupid) was making them nauseous. The issue was escalated high up over my boss by others to the Safety Manager of the hospital. He thought the e-cig was kinda cool and interesting, but said since it is not FDA approved, then I need to smoke it outside of the building. So many people do not understand what this e-cig is!

I hate that some idiot dumb asses have to complain about everything. I think they simply do it to hear their own voices. Makes me totally angry. When I smoked analogs, and some older woman or man said something to me, I would turn it back on them in a big way by saying, you're so old, you were around this stuff in your time, all day and night and it hasn't killed you yet. I know that's mean, but I refuse to take **** off people. Since I just started vaping this week, I haven't yet even had a chance to do it around anyone yet but family, since I work at home.