More Questions

Hi again friends. More questions about my new kit:

1. How do I know if I've flooded an atty/carto?

2. What do I do if I've flooded an atty/carto?

3. How do I do the math as to how much nicotine I'm getting? I heard someone say that 18 mg is the strength that most closely mimicks real smokes, but how is that possible, when 1 cigarette carries about 1 - 2 mg of nicotine?

4. How many drops are in a ml, and how many drags do you get from one drop and/or ml? I mean I know it will vary depending on drag length, liquid viscosity, etc. But are there estimates/averages?

5. What's everyones favorite way to fill up a carto? I tried pushing it down into a condom filled about halfway to 2/3 of the way with juice, but you can push it all the way to the bottom of the condom, and there is still a bit left that doesn't go into the carto. What do you do with the leftover?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for everyone's help!!!

its all good can answer some. a flooded carto will gurgle and wont vape. you can fix this by blowing it out. filling the carto the way you do is the easist nd for the liquid at the bottom, just pull condom down a bit and squezze the hell outta it and suck the mouth end. (not to hard). then blow them one time thru mouth, clean threads, blow thru thread end one time. and with a carto, keep it moist, add a few drops from time to time.just from mouth end. As for nicotine, im gonna guess on this, but real smoke will penetrate the stuff in your lungs to be carried to your blood faster. with vaping you have to realize water is alot thicker than smoke, the water dropplets dont penetrate as well hence higher mg. you honestly dont even need to inhale vapor just let it sit in your mouth to be absorbed, but i like to inhale. lol. hope this answered some and not confused ya. damn i need another english class lol.

edit: question 4: there are approx 20 drops in a ml. and for the drops per inhale. dont worry bout that just enjoy ur new pv and do try to over think this. trust me your brain will hate you if you anaylize everything. not being mean btw.

Edited by mega

I do overanalyze a lot. I'm an IT guy. LOL

Thanks for your help. Your instructions on taking care of the leftover in the condom did confuse me, though. No worries, though, mate! Hopefully someone else will clear it up and/or offer their own input! :)

bad dropper top? try pressing the dropper part down a bit, maybe not sealing.but when i add a few drops to mine i dont remove the carto. i know people say its bad but hey i got a epower and its sealed pretty good. plus i rarely see any under carto.if u got a auto battery dont do as i did.

I use the refillable carto's and they have a rubber plug you remove and it is quite simple to drip into the filler.I the use a drip tip instead of the goofy rubber plug as I don't like hot metal cartos's in my mouth.If you are trying to drip through the vapor hole it will likely go right through the middle and exit on your hands or in the battery.As far as the nic thing jus vape until you are happy ,it is unlikely you will over do it @ 18 mg.

@ 6 mg you would get sick of vaping before you get too much nic.I have found when a carto has reached the end of its lifespan I add more liquid trying to get flavor and big vapor from it and it ends up leaking out everywhere.Depending on the liquid usually 3 to 5 days of use and it is time for a new one.A person can also cut a 510 or 901 cart down and use it for a mouthpeice in place of the rubber plug.When you drip the liquid in tilt it at an angle and drip on the side and let it run into the filler.The whole vaping thing is a learning curve,hang in there.

You've already received some good responses about cartos, which is good, because I am no help there. Its always good to understand whats going on.

3. How do I do the math as to how much nicotine I'm getting? I heard someone say that 18 mg is the strength that most closely mimicks real smokes, but how is that possible, when 1 cigarette carries about 1 - 2 mg of nicotine? e-liquid is measured in mg per ml. so there is 18mg of nicotine in 1 ml of liquid. Once you figure out how man mls of liquid you are using, its easy enough to figure out how many mgs. For me I was a 30 cigarette/day smoker...currently I am about a 1.5ml-2ml per day vaper...Nicotine intake is about 27-36mg/day....which is about the same as when I was smoking. you also have to take into account...cigarettes contain additional chemical s to improve the absorption of nicotine. vaping does not contain these added chemicals. Clear as mud....

4. How many drops are in a ml, and how many drags do you get from one drop and/or ml? I mean I know it will vary depending on drag length, liquid viscosity, etc. But are there estimates/averages?On average there are 30 drops / ml if using PG and 20 drops/ml if using VG....so depending on the PG/VG mix, the drips/ml can change. The drops per ml can also vary depending on the dropper bottle. If you really want to know....you can get a 1 or 3ml syringe (can get from pharmacy for liquid medication dispensing) and test it out.

Since I mostly drip....2 drops directly to the atomizer gives me about 5-6 draws.

At 6mg/ml I don't think its possible for you to overdue the nicotine. The nicotine strength will also influence the throat hit....The higher the nicotine strength the stronger the throat hit.

happy Vaping !!

ask away

Ok, sounds like possibly flooded the atty...it happens. My fix, hold the button down for a couple seconds, suck in and blow out quickly(4-5 times) to dislodge some of the excess liquid, repeat until the atty seems like its producing more vapor, and do this a few more times. :laser: May need to let the atty cool a bit in between. if it starts to taste a bit burnt...add a couple drops of liquid and it should be vapeable.

I promise it gets easier...the learning curve can be a bit frustrating, but I swear its worth it :animier: