Ego C Woes.

I'm just going to paste my email to Ovales staff.

Bought my ego C kit at Christmas. So far so good, except a big problem that arose today that is very troubling. one of my ego c setups is basically broken. For almost what seems like no reason at all (this one is hardly used, kept in a case and obviously well taken care of) it stops hitting. I then realize the battery isn't making contact with the atomizer. Sometimes I know debris gets on the battery. Not the case this time. When screwing the battery onto the atomizer, it just continuously screws and screws and screws. Doesn't stop. Doesn't get tight. Then when removing the battery from it, the piece inside the silver part of the cone that you seat the actual atomizer on stays attached to the battery. Then I have to put the cone back on it and hope it comes back apart correctly. This is highly inconvenient as me and my girlfriend have quit cigarettes and now hers is broken after literally a month. Please help asap. Thank you. I can provide pictures or video if you need clarification, just ask.

Any ideas? This is very strange and very random. I can assure you it was not physically provoked in any way. seems like the cone is broken.. Which really is annoying to think it already broke just like that. Kinda BS.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Not much help as far as the Ego C goes. Sometimes parts just fail...bad batch possibly. Hopefully the supplier will be able to help. Its frustrating when parts fail for no apparent reason, Those of us that have been vaping for a while have run into failed parts now and again. Seems to be part of a rapidly growing technology...growing pains.

Hope you are able to get things resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the cone not moving from the battery at all? I have had some difficulties with my cone base becoming very stubborn and not wanting to remove from the battery. I simply used a pair of pliers and removed it with some extra torque/grip.

I have also had a Joyetech Ego battery start spinning on me, where the black part spins on the metallic button part. Basically destroyed my battery. I didn't notice the battery was spinning until it was too late, I had dropped that one previously so it was my bad there.

If the cone base spins, but simply won't come off the threads are stipped then, and you can try to get them apart via pliers/other tools, but your battery/cone base are probably done for in that case.

Regardless, if you are using your original Ego-C cone/battery, there may be a warranty involved? Haven't bothered to look into that yet as I haven't had any errors that were due to manufacturing, always my user error so far. The cone/battery should always be able to make contact if properly seated...sad day that you are unable to make the connection.

From what the others have said it seems like the threads on the battery are stripped, possibly from over tightening the base or screwing it on crooked. But I'm still not 100% sure what you ment in the original post. From what I understand your atomizer base that the atomizer sits on will not tighten snug onto the battery threadings? "Then when removing the battery from it, the piece inside the silver part of the cone that you seat the actual atomizer on stays attached to the battery" so the atomizer base is stuck to the battery?

Either way if it's only been about a month I would contact whoever you bought it from and see if that type of thing is covered under the warantee.

Also has Ovale replied to your email? What did that say? I've contacted them a few times in the past and just recently and they have a very quick response time.