Letters For You To Send - Just Copy And Paste

As members send me more letters I will post them here for everyone to use. You may change them as you wish or keep them the same. I will also create another post with a list of every email address you need. For now please use this link (Click Here) and start sending those emails! I also recommend you send the letter/email to the following news stations (This would be even better, get it nation wide!):

1. Fox News: Click Here

2. CNN: Click Here

3. MSNBC: Health@MSNBC.com

Bill O'Reilly: Click Here

WHEN EMAILING THE GOVENEOR IN CALIFONRIA PLEASE USE "SB400 BILL" SOMEWHERE IN YOUR SUBJECT SO HE KNOWS WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

LETTER NUMBER 1 - By Keenan

Dear Sir,

This letter is in response to the recent passing in California of the SB400 Bill that would ban the sale of Electronic Cigarettes, or "E-Cigs". I urge you to make every effort to ensure the bill does NOT get introduced, at least not in the blind manner in which it was brought forth here in California.

In these tumultuous times, your constituents, and citizens across this country, are growing weary of the needs and pleasures of the many being decided by the closed minds of a select few. In an atmosphere of heated debate over the rising costs of Health Care , when a product comes along that will GREATLY reduce those costs, it boggles the collective mind that our elected representatives will not even CONSIDER the alternative being offered to smokers that will, in effect, give those clamoring for a "Smoke Free" society exactly what they want. The passing of such a bill not only brings to a crashing halt the THOUSANDS of success stories already born of this product, it makes it impossible for those wishing to break the chains of cigarette addiction to realize their dream.

E- Cigs were not introduced, nor are they advertised as a quit smoking device,thats just the accidental by-product that was stumbled upon. We in the E-Cig community say this - Research, Yes. Prohibit sales to minors, Yes. Take the bullet out of the gun smokers put in their mouths EVERY day - no brainer.

Again sir, please assure me that you will not let the unfair bill pass. This is TOO important a matter to be taken lightly.

Thank You for Your time

Unedited Verion Here

LETTER NUMBER 2 - By Kmel

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger,

Please do not sign SB400!

This was a bill that was originally designed to keep electronic cigarettes out of the hands of children, a purpose which we would have all agreed with in its original form. However SB400, somehow in a matter of a few days, morphed into a complete "prohibition of of the sale of electronic cigarettes in California" and passed in the Senate, while we were commemorating 9/11 and had absolutely no time to protest its altered scope and intention. This bill does not represent the will of the people of the State of California!

Although not sold as a "quit smoking device", thousands have successfully used the electronic cigarette to quit or or greatly reduce their tobacco smoking and reduce the health risks associated with the combustion of tobacco. Prohibiting the sale of the e-cigarette will not only return many to smoking cigarettes, it could also create a new black market in e cig material that will turn ordinary citizens into "criminals of the State" just to get their nicotine in a safer form.

SB400 was a good intention, run amok. The same arguments re "flavors appealing to children" could also be used to bar the sale of Peppermint Schnapps.

California is losing jobs, and we will now be shutting down e cigarette businesses? It makes no sense.

Please Governor Schwarzenegger, represent us where our legislators failed us and don't sign SB400 into law!

Sincerely,

Your Name

Letter Number 3 - by Cancer (His own personal experience was added and you can see how powerful this letter has become)

Dear Sir,

I'd like to start this off on a person note, I've just got through a year of fighting throat cancer & while things look good right now I'm not out of the woods yet. But after almost 40 years of smoking, trying every group, OTC or Rx from my Dr...and cancer I just can't quit smoking cigarettes. Then I started using E-Cigs back in July & I have not picked up a regular cig since. I'm not necessary looking to stop smoking, I'm just trying real hard not to die. E-Cigs are working for me & now somebody wants to take them away from me. This is just NOT FAIR.

This letter is in response to the recent passing in California of the SB400 Bill that would ban the sale of Electronic Cigarettes, or "E-Cigs". I urge you to make every effort to ensure the bill does NOT get introduced, at least not in the blind manner in which it was brought forth here in California.

In these tumultuous times, your constituents, and citizens across this country, are growing weary of the needs and pleasures of the many being decided by the closed minds of a select few. In an atmosphere of heated debate over the rising costs of Health Care , when a product comes along that will GREATLY reduce those costs, it boggles the collective mind that our elected representatives will not even CONSIDER the alternative being offered to smokers that will, in effect, give those clamoring for a "Smoke Free" society exactly what they want. The passing of such a bill not only brings to a crashing halt the THOUSANDS of success stories already born of this product, it makes it impossible for those wishing to break the chains of cigarette addiction to realize their dream.

E- Cigs were not introduced, nor are they advertised as a quit smoking device,thats just the accidental by-product that was stumbled upon. We in the E-Cig community say this - Research, Yes. Prohibit sales to minors, Yes. Take the bullet out of the gun smokers put in their mouths EVERY day - no brainer.

Again sir, please assure me that you will not let the unfair bill pass. This is TOO important a matter to be taken lightly.

Thank You for Your time

If you have a letter template you would like to add please PM or create a new topic and I will add it. Please guys let's get those emails out! It will only take a few minutes to hit all these sources, heck even if you only send to one source it will help. Show them we mean business, let's start kicking *** and taking names :) (In a professional and respectful way)

AWESOME LET'S KEEP IT UP! :mad::gun:

Another Email or Letter Template:

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger,

Please do not sign SB400!

This was a bill that was originally designed to keep electronic cigarettes out of the hands of children, a purpose which we would have all agreed with in its original form. However SB400, somehow in a matter of a few days, morphed into a complete "prohibition of of the sale of electronic cigarettes in California" and passed in the Senate, while we were commemorating 9/11 and had absolutely no time to protest its altered scope and intention. This bill does not represent the will of the people of the State of California!

Although not sold as a "quit smoking device", thousands have successfully used the electronic cigarette to quit or or greatly reduce their tobacco smoking and reduce the health risks associated with the combustion of tobacco. Prohibiting the sale of the e-cigarette will not only return many to smoking cigarettes, it could also create a new black market in e cig material that will turn ordinary citizens into "criminals of the State" just to get their nicotine in a safer form.

SB400 was a good intention, run amok. The same arguments re "flavors appealing to children" could also be used to bar the sale of Peppermint Schnapps.

California is losing jobs, and we will now be shutting down e cigarette businesses? It makes no sense.

Please Governor Schwarzenegger, represent us where our legislators failed us and don't sign SB400 into law!

Sincerely,

Me

Good one Kmel! :thumbsup:

Thanks Munkus!

I've got 50 people coming to my house for a barbecue in less than 6 hours, but I've been online writing and posting for us on this issue as much as I can!

Posted it to Free Republic, Shrugd, Liberty Post, and one of the e-cig forums on Facebook, as well as pushed non-vaper friends to email the Gov. Think that I am done for now, until tomorrow!

Well here's mine to start off with. With lots more to follow. To say I'm personal invested in this one is putting it mildly.

To The Gov.

Dear Sir,

I'd like to start this off on a person note, I've just got through a year of fighting throat cancer & while things look good right now I'm not out of the woods yet. But after almost 40 years of smoking, trying every group, OTC or Rx from my Dr...and cancer I just can't quit smoking cigarettes. Then I started using E-Cigs back in July & I have not picked up a regular cig since. I'm not necessary looking to stop smoking, I'm just trying real hard not to die. E-Cigs are working for me & now somebody wants to take them away from me. This is just NOT FAIR.

Thank You for Your time

Here is a copy of what I have sent. Please use parts of this if it helps. I wanted to create my own personal letter but a "cut and paste" letter will work just the same. Let's get these emails going!

-Brian

TO: Hannity@foxnews.com; glennbeck@foxnews.com; Oreilly@foxnews.com

RE: Electronic Cigarette Users Need Your Help! California is at it again!

Hello Sean, Glenn, and Bill!

I am emailing the three of you because I believe you might be the last people in the media that actually listen to what the American public has to say. California has voted on a bill (not yet signed into law) to ban the use of the electronic cigarette. Gov. Schwarzenegger still has time to veto this bill and we need that veto.

I am a "non-smoker" now thanks to the electronic cigarette. I would NEVER go back to traditional (or what some people now call "analog") cigarettes because we have found a better, smarter, and cheaper alternative. The electronic cigarette (e-cigarette or e-cig) is a device that vaporizes a nicotine solution and inhaled into the lungs. This inhalation feels very similar to smoking and there is a water vapor that is exhaled that looks like cigarette smoke but is not harmful to anyone like second hand smoke is. There are three components to and electronic cigarette - a rechargeable lithium battery, atomizer, and liquid cartridge. A very simple yet effective design.

The FDA has recently started investigating the electronic cigarettes and all of the ingredients in this nicotine solution (called e-liquid or e-juice) are FDA approved by themselves but the FDA is "concerned" about the safety of these devices. We are concerned that the device that has allowed many of us "vapers" to quit smoking will be banned and we will be left looking for another alternative. Since the FDA is now overseeing tobacco, I bet they would to send us right back to cigarettes. By the way...is tobacco now FDA approved? Why would you ban a safer alternative (no advanced degree needed to see that nicotine, propylene glycol, water, and flavoring would be safer to put into our bodies than the thousands of chemicals that are contained in every tobacco cigarette)? The FDA has approved a similar "big pharmaceutical" Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) and information can be found at http://www.drugs.com/pro/nicotrol-inhaler.html

So why are we banning the electronic cigarette? The success stories I receive from former smokers are impressive and people email me everyday to share their stories, ask questions, etc. I believe in these products. I have produced "how to" videos on Youtube along with some others to help people that are new to e-cigarettes. This community of people is impressive as well. I have never seen such a diverse group of people that are so willing to answer questions from "noobies", offer advice on what brands to buy, etc.

We need your help to expose this situation. I do not live in California but their decision will affect all of us and it will be a matter of time before other states follow suit. Smokers never argued that traditional tobacco cigarettes were safe but we do argue that the e-cigarette is much safer and no one can prove otherwise...the FDA has been trying and their own testing proves it! They say they do not know what the long term affects will be. What are the long term affects of smoking?...Death! We would be safer sucking on a car's tailpipe than smoking tobacco cigarettes and many of us have found a way to quit that ACTUALLY works. I believe the success rate for things like the gum, patch, prescriptions are only around 10%. We don't have the means to effectively poll people but I guarantee the success rate for quitting using e-cigarettes is several times that of the FDA "approved" products (which many, contain nicotine). I think the FDA is financially or politically motivated to ban these (or maybe they are just mad that the billions in research they have spent on NRT's has not produced the same level of success as the e-cig).

Having said all of that, many of us do not want to "quit" the electronic cigarettes. Nicotine is much like caffeine and actually has some positive effects. Propylene glycol has also been shown to be safe, including the inhalation of it. Information on the study back in the 1940's is located here http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,932876,00.html

A popular forum called Vapor Talk is starting to mobilize its members to contact their government officials but I fear those request will fall on deaf ears like most of our concerns. The website address is http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/

Thank you in advance for your help in this matter. We need to expose the hypocrisy of the FDA and veto this bill that California has signed before it is put into law.

Brian

Smoker for 14 years, now smoke free for 3 months!

Edited by UBRocked

Friggin AWESOME !. Lets keep the ball rolling. Make sure everyone mentions this in the chatrooms, at work, etc. You would be surprised to see how many non-smokers are with us. Whereas they would NEVER be with analogs, most people with COMMON SENSE see the benefits of e cigs.And its in our nature to stand up for things that are right, so tell EVERYONE to write ! :thumbsup:

as well as pushed non-vaper friends to email the Gov. Think that I am done for now, until tomorrow!

This is a great idea! If you have non-smoking friends who think the ecig is wonderful because of their first hand knowledge of what it has done for loved ones... This would make a great impact IMHO.

Put yourself in the position of the Governor, getting a letter from someone saying they are a non-smoker and the ecig has done A. B. and C. for them. Powerful.

Awhile back on another forum, a mother posted a letter that her 13-16? year old child had written and it was beautiful. How this young kid knew that smoking was bad and was so thankful Mom had finally found something that allowed her to continue a habit she enjoyed, which wasn't bad, but it didn't have all of the other stuff. Honestly, I teared up. You could tell that this child, and the writing style was definitely that of a child, was so happy and proud of his mom. It was wonderful.

We all have someone in our lives who thinks smoking is horrid and tells us every chance they get that it is... if they are open minded and like your ecig... ask them to write a letter.

Ok so I found this on another forum (no I'm not cheating on VT) I will just let you read it.

Originally posted by : Poeticwomyn on E-cigarette-forum.com

Hi all, my partner has spoken with Jan Cummings of the FDA. Ms. Cummings has become very sympathetic to our cause. Even though she will not be involved in the decision making she requested that emails be sent to the following email address and she will then forward them to the FDA dicision makers. She would like for the subject line to say "Electronic Cigarette" then a well thought out email stating our side of why e-cigs should not be banned. She needs as many of these emails as soon as possible. Thank you for taking the time to consider sending the email, Kat

Please send emails to reglist@cdrh.fda.gov and remember the subject line needs to say only "electronic cigarettes"

I didn't see this one on VT so I thought it wouldn't hurt for more letter sending.

P.S. I think that my copy paste button is getting dizzy... LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I revised one of the form letters to include some info the AAPHP sent to the FDA.

Subject: Please veto Senate Bill 400.

I am right now reading the warning on my husband's bagged cigarette tobacoo, designed for rolling and smoking: This Product Contains/Produces Chemicals Known To The State Of California To Cause Cancer, And Birth Defects Or Other Reproductive Harm.

Yet, this product is NOT banned in California.

Please consider the letter to the FDA submitted by Joel L. Nitzkin, MD, Chair, AAPHP Tobacco Control Task Force and Kevin Sherin, MD, President, American Association of Public Health Physicians, which states, in part:

"This year, about 400,000 American adult cigarette smokers will die of a tobacco-related illness. Their second hand smoke will kill about 48,000 non-smokers. About 700 more will die in residential fires. Despite progress on other measures of tobacco use, per CDC estimates, this death count continues to inch up from year to year. In contrast, even though smokeless tobacco products represent about 20% of nicotine intake in the United States, the number of deaths per year from these products is too small for reliable estimates from the CDC.

Our (AAPHP) best estimate is that smokeless tobacco products currently cause about 700 cancer deaths per year in the United States. This is less than 1% of the more than 110,000 deaths that would occur each year if smokeless products carried the same mortality as conventional cigarettes.

It should be possible to save the lives of 4 million or more of the 8 million adult American smokers who will otherwise die of a cigarette-related illness over the next twenty years. This could be done by making smokers aware of selected smokeless tobacco products (including but not limited to snus and electronic cigarettes) that promise to reduce the risk of tobacco-related illness by 99% or better for smokers who are unwilling or unable to quit."

See: http://www.e-cig.org/pdfs/AAPHP.pdf

Senate Bill 400 is designed to ban electronic cigarettes which are, according to all preliminary studies performed by the Food and Drug Administration, a safer alternate to tobacco cigarettes. Placing a ban on them now will force many users to go back to regular cigarettes at the expense of their health, their loved ones health, and the health of those around them. Rather than banning them at the request of Big Tobacco, we should embrace them, regulate them, and help forward their acceptance for their positive health benefits.

Thank you for your consideration.