Keep Getting Screwed Over...please Help A Newbie

ebonwings628

Hey i really need some experienced advice.

I got an egoT Tank (the bigger one that holds a bit more than 2ml in the cartridge) from eDragonfly cigs. i don't know if they are a knock off or what but they had good reviews, however, the customer service was terrible. i bought a deluxe starter kit and it didn't come with the manual/directions which it clearly stated that it included in the kit. i called them and asked if they could please send me one, i mean, its not like i wanted a free battery. the dude tells me he'll see if he can find one around the office, but otherwise, there was nothing he could do. i had to call back about 5 times before i received literaly a crumpled and folded 4 page fold out. with barely the basics. anyway, then i started looking around more and found out that most stuff that was advertized as a Joye product were Joye knock-offs from China. Great. so i went to another site, its base is in orlando and since i saw good reviews and orlando is an hour drive from my house, i thought, well this is great, that has a real store there where you can try brfore you buy and they have a thing from Joye on their site stating that these were real Joye products, Joye has only 3 distributors in the USA, it being one of them. anyway, i can't for the life of me find that site again, which is why i ordered from www.thevaporshoppe.com thinking it was the same one i first looked at. i got it mixed up with this other orlando company. I callled in my order, BIG MISTAKE! the guy left out one of the numbers on my Po box. i was supposed to get it a lil over 2 weeks ago, i got it yesterday. all my great e lliquid from pinkspot vapors tastes burnt, only their stuff (the menthol from them works. now they did refund my money and sent me a free battery and ten full cartridges of menthol (although they didn't make the trip) most of them had no juice left, others only a third full. my origional order was for 2 atomizers (they only had the 1.1ml kind) and a 5pack of cartridges (empty) that had soft bottoms to stop leakage (they work great) rather than the old hard bottomed ones which would leak once the liquid went below the line of site in the atomizer.

All my atomizers from eDragonfly were burnt out, but before they were, the e-liquid from pink spot vapors(PSV) all tasted great. Now with this 1.1ml atomizer from www.thevaporshoppe.com all the flavors from watermelon to my love caramel taste like burnt smoke (not to be oxymoronic), even PSV menthol too. only the little amount of menthol the vapor shop sent me tastes un-burnt. has this happened to anyone else and if so what do i do and where do you recommend i but my ego-T Tank the next time?

someone must have a solution and be generous enough to help me, i humbly bow to the wisdom of others. Thanks to anyone who replies!

Lindsey

There are way more than 3 suppliers who carry genuine Joye products in the USA. It sounds like you're having issues with the juice getting to the atty in the T-Tank. Are you using PG or VG based liquid? VG sometimes doesn't work to well in T-tanks.

If the batts still work try buying some empty cartomizers and fill your own juice in them or if it is a 650mah batt or higher try a eGo Mega Dual Coil carto, they work on eGo t batts and I love em :) Just make sure it has a 510 thread or you will need an adapter.

I really like the EMDCC's too. I have one dedicated to Outlaw from pinkspotvapors and can't decide on the others yet. I love all of psv's flavors and need more emdcc's so I can fill them all lol.

Bummers about the burning taste and the hassles you're experiencing.

There are some video's on youtube about fixing the wicking problems of those t-tanks. I'll go do a look-see and get back to you if and when I find them.... (i kinda have a tendency to forget my mission once I get to youtube.....

Twilight zone music playing in the background because Uma didn't get sidetracked while at youtube...

includes wicking tips

how to adjust the wick

there's probably a lot more... if these don't help then search "eGo-T" and "eGo-T wick"

Good luck!

Filling the larger cartomizers (eGo megas, dual coils, Leo dual coils, etc) should really be done with a syringe. I noticed a difference from dripping into a mega carto vs fililng with a syringe is huge. You can pick them up at a lot of the vendors now. A 4 or 5ml should work fine.

Using a syringe also gets the juice all the way to the bottom of the carto, which sounds like you're having issues with doing. If you drip to fill, you could very well not reach the bottom before it swells with liquid and you think it's full. Certain brand mega cartos are wrapped differently too. Some brands the cotton inside is looser, allowing the liquid to fill the carto much easier, faster, whereas others are very tight.

I should have kept on topic... sheesh.

The tank variety of atomizer and cartridge have draw backs. The main one is vacuum created in the cartridge as you draw on it. As you inhale on the tank e-cig, the air inside the atomizer draws the liquid out of the tank cartridge into the center tube of the atomizer. Though the liquid leaves the cartridge, it doesn't allow air back into it. This creates a vacuum inside the top of the cartridge. Eventually that vacuum builds up and diminishes the ability of the atomizer and wick to draw the liquid out properly, holding it in the cartridge. Lack of liquid to the atomizer = too much heat. Too much heat results in the burning of the wick inside the center tube, and eventually frying/popping the atomizer.

A simple solution is to "BURP" your cartridge ever 10 hits or so. Simply pull the cartridge out of the atomizer for a second. This pulls out the center tube of the atomizer, exposing the hole in the bottom of the cartridge, allowing air to bubble up inside. The air coming in releases the vacuum. After that split second, re-insert the cartridge back into that atomizer. Viola, you're good for another 10 or so hits.

tHANKS TO ALL WHO RESPONDED

I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH THE ORIGIONAL 2ML TANK AND ATOMIZERS, JUST THE ONE I GOT FROM THE SECOND COMPANY WHICH GAVE ME THE SMALLER 1.1ML CARTRIDGES AND ATOMIZERS, SO IF WHAT Y'ALL COLLECTIVELY HAVE TOLD ME IS ACCURATE (WHICH I HAVE NO DOUBT OF) THAT MEANS THAT THE LITTLE AMOUNT OF COTTONY STUFF IN THE PUNCTURING TUBE WHERE THE EJIUCE DRIPS DOWN TO THE ATTY (WHAT IS THIS PART CALLED?) IS TOO TIGHT OR THE NEW KIND I GOT DOESN'T WORK WITH vg EJUICE. I HAVE A SYRINGE BUT HAVE NEVER USED IT TO PUT EJUICE DIRECTLY INTO THE ATTY, I'VE ALWAYS PUT IT IN THE CARTRIDGE AND IT ONLY TOOK ABOUT 5 DRAGS TO COMPLETELY CHANGE THE FLAVOR. SO I WILL TRY DRIPPING DIRECTLY ONTO THE COTTONY STUFF IN THE ATTY WITH MY SYRINGE.

IF THIS DOESN'T WORK CAN Y'ALL RECOMMEND A SITE WHERE THE ATTYS (aTOMIZERS) WORK WITH vg EJUICE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP, ONCE I GET THIS DOWN I'LL MAKE SURE TO DO WHAT Y'ALL DO AND SPREAD THE GOOD WORD AROUND TOO.

http://www.vaportalk.com/Smokefree/"]

sig1913.png

• so i took the advice from the second video posted by Uma, but i pushed the cottony stuff in my egoT atty down... too far it seems. i can now taste the flavor, but my atty has flooded (i think). it gets hot real quick and its sprung a leak (coming out between the atty and battery). is there a way to pull it back up without doing more damage. i'm looking for the smallest pair of needle nose plyers i have and i have some safety pins and needles. the atty is connected to the part that i put the tank in, it doesn't have one of those covers i've seen people slide over the atty and cart (in some demonstration videos). so is mine different? or can i pull the needle part out and replace it? i have 2 new attys and only tried this on the one, so the other hasn't been tampered with by me. again thanks for all the help, i just seem to muck everything up. any ideas?

I never had to burp the origional egoT Tank i bought from eDragonfly. the only problem i had was leaking, but through trial and error found that if i kept the juice filled above the atty top it stopped leaking. oh and i don't have any cartomizers left that work, i didn't like them. unless i find out how to use them properly i going to stick with attys and cartridges. i would have to refill the cartos every ten or so minutes (not heavily vaping). the first one i used, i took apart after the base broke off only held on by 2 wires, so i painstakingly sawed apart the rest and pulled out the cottony stuff looked inside a bit, thats how i learned i had to poke a hole at the top of the mouthpiece to put the juice in so it gets to the cottony stuff.

my starter kit came with nooooo instruction manual or directions (this was bought at eDragonfly) and bad customer service, they said they couldn't get me a manual because they didn't speak Chinese so therefore couldn't ask their wholesaler (lame right). so i thought they were shady and thats why i bought from thevaporshoppe.com the next time and my order was messed up (see origional post) though they did correct it 2 weeks later and sent me a free battery but i have no idea if its 600 or 1000 maH cuz there was no inventory list and came in clear packaging.

maybe i should just but my attys from eDragonfly, they gave me 5 and i vaped all the time and they lasted like more than 3 months.....uuhhhgg...help