Hello Everyone! Noob Here...have Some Questions!

BlastyBlast

I first would like to say that although this is my first post, I have been frequenting this forum for a good while. Yes, I was lurking...what?

It was from these visits and reading such helpful, considerate posts in this forum that lead to me signing up for an account. You all are very helpful in getting the noobs on the right path and that's refreshing to see! So, I am hoping to get on the right path as well and look forward to eventually "paying it forward" on here and helping out some noobs that come along once I've gained some experience in vaping.

So here's my deal...

I am a pack and a half a day smoker (Menthols) and have been smoking for almost 20 years. I have tried all different methods to quit and all were unsuccessful. I am hoping vaping is the answer! Like I said, I have been reading up about the world of vaping and trying to understand as much as possible without having to ask many questions. I have come across numerous threads that helped me, but to be honest, this vaping world and the various methods, juices, and devices are pretty overwhelming for someone new.

This is where I am slightly overwhelmed with things...

The whole voltage thing...3.7v, 5v, 6v. Still kind of confused by this and have read widely different opinions of all of them. What are the benefits of getting something in the 5v-6v range?

The atomizers...510 vs. 801. Have read so many different things on each one, my head started to spin. Personal preference is what I ultimately got from it. Which is better for direct dripping? In addition, I'm not quite understanding the low, medium, heavy resistance. I mean, I get it, but don't...make sense? Probably not!

The juice...PG vs. VG. I see that there are benefits to each. As a noob, I'm hoping to find something that is right the first time...and I have a feeling that's not gonna happen. hahaha! I would guess going 50/50 would be the right way to go to start?

After reading as much as I could I decided to go with the VP1. I liked the way it looked and read nothing but positive reviews on it. I went with the STD-510 fitting because I really couldn't decide which option was better...the 510 or the 801. Was a bit confusing to me. That's the only thing I have purchased thus far, however, I want to make sure that I get everything I need to start. I think I have found the e-juice I'm interested in and will be getting that shortly. I decided to go with a sampler as this makes the most sense. I am looking to purchase attys and additional batteries. I like the idea of direct dripping and probably will go that route from the start. With that said, there would be no use in carts if that's the case, right? In addition, what else should I get to make this transition easy as possible?

Bottom line, is that I am looking for something that produces a big vapor with a decent throat hit to start. I want to be able to feel like I'm getting something from this so I'm not reverting back to analogs. I am hoping for something heavy to begin with and eventually ween myself down.

My final conclusion after reading as much as I could possibly do without confusing myself more was that all of this is like putting a puzzle together...a BIG puzzle. Attys, Carts, Cartos, Bat, PV's, PG, VG, are all the pieces and it's trial and error from the start. I am looking forward to learning more and more from all of you. Thank you for providing us noobs a forum we can come to without feeling like complete idiots. hahaha! (I know I feel like one sometimes).

Holy cow...I just rambled. Sorry ahead of time for the long post. Just wanted to get everything in.

Thanks again!

Welcome to Vapor Talk Blasty. :) The higher voltage units heat up the atomizer to higher temperature than a standard 3.7 battery. More heat equals more vapor. Another option is to get a low resistance atomizer or cartomizer and use it on a 3.7 device. This will give you approximately the same amount of vapor.

510 atomizers are the most popular atty. I like using 801 at higher voltages and not on a 3.7V device.

the VP1 was a nice little unit back in its day. You may be a little disappointed in the battery life, but its a cool little mod. I've had one for almost 2 years and it still works great. You will probably want to get an eGo in the near future due to its battery life and overall cool device with lots of options.

Thanks for having me! Also, thanks you for breaking it down for me. So with this VP1, I should get low resistance 510 attys to maximize vapor. Got it.

Just curious, any downside to the 801's? Is there a link somewhere I could see the pros and cons?

I'll probably try out an eGo at some point. I just wanted to get something in my hands and go from there. I felt like I was doing no good sitting here confusing myself even more by reading and reading and reading mass amounts of information. Just gonna go with the trial and error method and hope for the best!