The Wonderful World Of Cartos !

DAYVAPE

A quick thanks to Bob over at Vaporsupplies.com ... since that is where I discovered this originally.

I just thought it was a pretty cool breakdown and description of everything cartomizer! Check it out...

Cartomizer, also named atomized cartridge, is a two-in-one device with a combined function of both atomizer and cartridge. That means with cartomizer, an e-cig reduces from three parts (battery, atomizer, cartridge) into two parts (battery and cartomizer). You do not need to use a cartridge to hold the e-juice, but only to refill the e-juice into the cartomizer.

Why to choose?

Compared with atomizers, cartomizer is:

*Two-in-one design, simpler and cleaner

*Rather cheaper in price

*Fairly larger in capacity

How to choose?

cartomizer%20guide0930.jpg

Yeah, I'll have to add some VG to my stuff... what ratio do you use? As much as I don't like/want to... at least with those cartos the filler is not so tight, and the PG/VG mixes will work much better. Now I gotta go buy me some VG! :wallbash:

Very cool chart. This will come in handy when I next have to try to help a new vaper pick a style to start off with.

Personalty right now I'm stuck on regular size CE2's, and 306 for dripping. I find the CE2's work better for flavor and cloud formation and than dual coils. I use them on 3.7 Riva batts or my awesome Old Goat 5v mod.

He knows... he's just giving me a hard time cuz he is still using attys... only because he doesn't understand how to properly use a carto. :yes

I have a new dual coil sitting here too. Thought about putting it on my REO, but that seems dumb. ...going to throw it on an ego and see how long I can go before I have to drip on it or refill (like an atty). The dual coils did seem to produce some nice vapor though.

Anybody tried a Boge cartomizer? Im getting a big kazoo 5v boxmod and Ive never used a cartomizer before so Im giving them a try and kvs carries the Boge 510 3 ohm cartos. I didnt see any bad reviews on the website but I trust people on here a lot more.

Boge's were #1, especially the LR Boge's, until the EMDCC's came out (they hold more, go all day). The Resserectors are fighting for #1 spot now too.

(3 cartos in #1 spot, not bad!!!!)

Just make sure the threads are silver and you're good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's how it plays out for me... and my 2 favorite cartomizers.

These are just a few things I've noticed... your results may obviously differ.

I'd also point out that it's about a toss up for me on a favorite of the two.

Boge LR/2.0 Carto:

Pros:

Solid performer... never had a dud even !

Great flavor/vapor/throat hit !

Super easy to use/fill/re-fill

Can use your favorite 'drip tips'

Can use on many different 510 devices very easily.

Very versatile : can use with 'drip shields', 'drip tips', adapters, etc.

Cons:

Need to 'top-off' fairly often

Not the largest juice capacity... but ok for it's size.

Doesn't work the best with thicker VG juices (not at my vape pace at least)

eGo Mega Dual Coil Carto:

Pros:

Super Easy to clean and re-use ! (Taryn Spin is amazing here!)

Super Huge juice capacity !

Less topping off during use.

Awesome flavor/vapor/etc.

Easy to fill and re-fill

Works well with higher VG based juices

Cons:

Mainly only made for/look best on eGo batts (although can get adapters for 510 use)

Big/honky/nasty rubber mouthpiece (can buy a couple of drip tips now though)

Tends to leak a bit if using on a 'stand-up' style tube mod and thinner juices.

Overall, I like them both... and for different reasons. Obviously, a EMDCC sitting atop a Silver Bullet, makes for a pretty long/large device. When I'm home, however, it doesn't matter one way or the other! At work while in front of the computer, I'm using the EMDCC on a eGo USB battery. Just makes for a bit more stealthy configuration... and it just works. The Boge LR carto, however, will always be my 'first love' of any/all cartos or attys for that matter... and that's a fact! They just work... and they work very well! I enjoy the fact that I can use them on basically any of my devices, of course with an adapter and drip shield they become worry free, and just know I'm going to have a hassle-free day of vaping!! These two cartos are all I really need to have in my vape supply box... and that's a great thing to know! Now, if I can just back off on buying all these new/cool mods, I might actually start to make back some of that money I've spent thus far!

May peace be with you people... and remembe to always...VAPE PROUD!!

Edited by DAYVAPE

That's one of my problems with trying more of these. My bro uses ce2 clearo's and I bought him some ce3's at VC- they leak like crazy- juice goes straight through. Even the "good" ones were fail for me. Leaking is not an option, nor improvement. So far the smok tech dual coil XXL mega is good, but it needs to stay that way for at least a few days if not more. Can you suggest a carto that doesn't leak, tastes good and wicks well with VG? Long lasting is a bonus, as is a low non-DOA rate. I have a feeling that a lot on that list would be eliminated if performance was one of the criteria.

I told ya so! They are pretty nice, eh? The only thing I dont like is that they have a tendency to leak more than regular cartos! :wallbash:

I'm going to try these out and see what they are all about... I like that I can pick between 3 different ohm ratings! http://www.avidvaper...10-cartomizers/

There's no such thing as a carto that 'doesn't leak'... you're obviously aware of that though.

But, I would have to say that the 'eGo Mega Dual Coil' carto, is one of the best ones when it comes to leaking, wicking, and flavor. Also, the EMDCC's tend to work much better with the thicker VG based juices, especially since the filler isn't packed in so tight. And, best of all, is how freakin' easy they are to get totally clean... making them last for a long time! Screw one on to an old 510 pass-thru... go outdoors and spin like hell... and she's as white as can be again! That is one of the things that makes the EMDCC one of my favorites. You should definitely try them if you have not yet done so! They are worth the $2.79 at MADVAPES all day long! Then grab up one of those adapters and you can use it on your other 510 mods! Oh, and don't forget a drip tip for them... it's a must! That's about all I can say about them... hopefully others will have more input for you Troop!

egodriptips.jpg510___eGo_Adapte_4da752dfc578c.jpg

egodualblack1.jpgegodualclear.jpg

Edited by DAYVAPE