1100-1300 Mah Setups

Dee

I have been vaping 6 months and love the larger battery ego type e-cig, however the equipment is horrible quality and dies within 2-3 weeks - including the chargers and usb cables. I have gone back to a 510 which seems be the most durable and reliable model. The battery life is very short and needs to be charged alot tho, and I tend to be a heavy vaper.

Can someone tell me if the genuine Egos are better quality than the generic versions, or do they all come from the same factory, therefore are the same? I am working with limited funds so I need to be careful where I spend .... Thanks everyone :)

Dee, Joye Tech markets their batteries in the US as eGo and in the UK as the Tornado sold through Totally Wicked. Viva batteries are made by Eastmall the last I heard. You have to be very careful and read the full description because there are a lot of companies marketing eGo/Tornado look alike and even using the name eGo. eGo/Tornado batteries are very well made and if properly cared for will last many months. I know a lot of folks who have the Riva and they are as equally happy as the eGo owners. The only negative thing I have heard regarding the Riva have been with the button. If you decide to go with the Riva, I suggest using Liberty-Flights.com. They have a great Customer Service Department and they Warrant their batteries for two months. When you first go on their website, click the 20% Discount button on the top left hand side of the page.

Thanks everyone! I found a vendor here in Australia that sells genuine 650 Ego kits for a good price and ordered one .. I also ordered some extra parts for the 510 as a backup - All the generic stuff stuff is going in the trash because I don't know if trying to incorporate some of this defective equipment might wreck the Ego equipment.Thank you everyone for your input - This has been a hard lesson in "cheaper is not always better" --

• 2 weeks later...

I have been vaping 6 months and love the larger battery ego type e-cig, however the equipment is horrible quality and dies within 2-3 weeks - including the chargers and usb cables. I have gone back to a 510 which seems be the most durable and reliable model. The battery life is very short and needs to be charged alot tho, and I tend to be a heavy vaper.

Can someone tell me if the genuine Egos are better quality than the generic versions, or do they all come from the same factory, therefore are the same? I am working with limited funds so I need to be careful where I spend .... Thanks everyone :)

If you're blowing batteries, usb charging cables, etc... could it be the amount of power you're putting to these (from the computer/wall outlet?). It sounds like there could be a more serious issue at hand.

Though e-cigarettes are rated for PC USB power charging, not all PC USB ports are the same. There is USB 1.0, USB 2.0, and so on.

What I do for charging all my e-cigs is use a self powered USB hub (7 port). This unit plugs into a wall for power, so my PC/Laptop are not needed. From it, I have all my USB chargers plugged into it. It charges 7 batteries at a time, with no issues.

I read a lot on these sites before I bought any product. I am glad that I did and just spent a little extra to buy the genuine Joye batts. I have the small 650's and they last me all day and sometimes into the next. I am not a heavy vaper which is why they last a little longer for me but I have never had a problem with them at all. I would also heed the warning from Jackal. In the end these are all just batteries and unless you were really putting them through the ringer with usage they shouldn't have died within weeks. I would check to see what kind of juice is getting kicked out from wherever you are plugging into