California To Ban Ecigs...

Another headache, just what I need... :mad:

Here's the bill:

Quote:SB 400: Including Electronic Cigarettes in the Definition of a Tobacco Product (Corbett – D, San Leandro)

Legislative Activity: The Assembly Appropriations Committee passed SB 400 by a vote of 17-0 on August 19.

Next Step: SB 400 has been sent to the Assembly floor where it will receive a vote by the full Assembly.

Note that vote: 17-0. Suffolk County was simply a pioneer in a tidal wave coming down on e-cigs.

And this is awaiting referral to a committee:

Quote:SJR 8: Requesting the FDA to Prohibit Sales of Electronic Cigarettes until Proven Safe (Corbett – D, San Leandro)

Legislative Activity: No activity this week.

Next Step: SJR 8 has been sent to the Assembly and is waiting to be referred to a committee.

Other California measures would prohibit smoking at hospitals (and that would now include e-cigarette use if the 17-0 vote is indicative of a law to come) and in state parks and on beaches.

I'm going to try and get some more info on this, as soon as I do I'll post back here. Anyone who has ANY information please post back here.

EDIT: Here is the updated Bill: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/sen/sb_0351-0400/sb_400_bill_20090723_amended_asm_v93.html

SJR 8 (Talking about a total ban on ecig until the FDA finds them safe)

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/sen/sb_0001-0050/sjr_8_bill_20090625_amended_sen_v98.html

Trying to read it now

Another headache, just what I need... :mad:

Here's the bill:

Note that vote: 17-0. Suffolk County was simply a pioneer in a tidal wave coming down on e-cigs.

And this is awaiting referral to a committee:

Other California measures would prohibit smoking at hospitals (and that would now include e-cigarette use if the 17-0 vote is indicative of a law to come) and in state parks and on beaches.

I'm going to try and get some more info on this, as soon as I do I'll post back here. Anyone who has ANY information please post back here.

EDIT: Here is the updated Bill: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/sen/sb_0351-0400/sb_400_bill_20090723_amended_asm_v93.html

SJR 8 (Talking about a total ban on ecig until the FDA finds them safe)

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/sen/sb_0001-0050/sjr_8_bill_20090625_amended_sen_v98.html

Trying to read it now

So the state of CA would rather people die from smoking analogs? They are pissed that they are loosing revenue from smokers paying outrageous taxes on analogs? Sounds like CA is leading the way for higher heath cost and a higher death rate caring little for the people that want to have a safer alternative. :wtf: This is a state that has left behind the "governed for the people by the people" part of our constitution.

Edited by Compenstine

Yea pretty much. I tried reading through everything last night but still need to read some more. I actually read about it over on the other forum. So I'm trying to read what they have to say, whats legit what's not and what bills I need to study.

All I can say is this is sad. It's just a matter of time before other states start hoping on the bandwagon.

Hmmm, so is someone gonna call a cop if i vape at my fav bar?? How will this impact me really?

Your thoughts appreciated.

Nah i wouldnt worry about that. First someone would have to take time out of there day to intentionally turn you in. People at bars really dont give a rats a$$. Plus you would think the police have better things to worry about than going out of there way just to tell you, "YOU CANT SMOKE THAT IN HERE" I wonder what the max sentencing is going to be :wtf:

It won't really be an issue for the individual, but rather the sellers. Unless the cop was really an *** I think for the most part they have bigger fish to fry.

However there are quite a few popular suppliers that are based out of California that would have to close shop. Then again we may still be able to sell to persons out of the state I dunno. The second bill states that we would have to obtain a tobacco license as Electronic Cigarettes fall under the same category.

The thing is some of you say, oh well that sucks for the suppliers in California, BUT California is trying to push this on all states. If this comes to YOUR state. Yea you may still be able to Vape in public but every supplier in the United States will go out of business.

So True, I really didn't think it would affect my vaping other than parts may become more difficult to obtain. And the big thing is that so many other states follow suit with whatever California does. Then that will definately put a damper on my replenishing parts.

I understand that tobacco licensing is $1000 to $2000 to distribute/sell tobacco products. You know we can thank SE and their lawsuit for putting them into that category, not to say that if they fell into the drug category that it would be much different cuz then you would have to be a pharmacist to dispense them. But hey, I could then address you as Doctor Chris dispensing drugs at Vapor Talk!!

OK I'm just reading an update it looks like California has passed the bill. Starting Jan. 1, 2010 Statutes take effect. E-cigs classified a drug and sales prohibition in California - if the Governor does not veto. (Let's be real here he isn't going to Veto it)

I'm going to create a new topic with all the info and sticky it.