To Much Throat Hit

Melissa

I've smoked Doral menthol lights for 20 + years. I've bought a Joye 510 mega and usa mlb menthol 18mg 60pg/40vg e-juice. The TH for the first 3-4 hits nearly takes my breath. I need something with less TH and more flavor. Could it be the amount of nicotine or the pg base. I thought of ordering just menthol for more flavor but I heard that adds more TH. Any help would be appreciated.

All three will affect throat hit. PG, nicotine and the menthol. The two that affect throat hit the most is the nicotine and the menthol. When you start vaping there is an adjustment period. Flavor will be dull, from years of smoking, but will get better with time. Some people notice better flavor within weeks or some may not notice for several months.

You can try lowering the nic level and maybe try a few different flavors other than menthol. You can also order liquids with a PG/VG mix. You just have to experiment until you find the perfect vape for you. Good luck.

I should probably add that VG will reduce flavor, while PG will make the liquid more flavorful. I see that you are already using 60/40 mix. I am not really sure what to suggest to you. But to try lowering your nic and try a different flavor. Most of us thought we wanted a tobacco flavor when we started, but found the other flavors out there to be more satisfying.

thanks for the replies. I do believe it maybe the nic is to strong. i was smoking 1-1/2 packs a day. i was thinking of getting the 8 mg 60pg/40vg and mix it with some of the 18mg i still have. that way i can work on what nic strength works for me. i've read that vanilla flavor is good. any suggest on non tobac flavor.

I really like the coffee flavors. I always seem to go back to those. My favorite coffee flavors are from the Vapor Talk store. I actually like all the flavors in the VT line. I have tried several vanilla flavors and have not found one that I like. Some fruit flavors were really good the first go around, but then they fell flat for me. Midnight from VT is really good, that also has been a go to flavor for me also. My newest flavor is the french pipe from Dekang. It reminds me of the classic pipe smell with a nice sweet vanilla/caramel flavor added to it. I purchased it from the Forever Vapor store when I was stocking up on other supplies. I prefer my eliquids to be PG.

Edited by BirdDog

Could be technique ,are you inhaling directly to your lungs or getting a mouth full of vapor then inhaling?I haven't very many liquids with that strong of a throat hit unless the atty/carto is funked up .

I have tried inhaling both ways. The first few hits bout takes my breath, then after 7-8 hits my throat feels dried out. I beginning to think its the menthol. i don't drink coffee except in the winter i do love french vanilla cappuccino. I do like the smell of most coffee. That is a good idea for me to try.

I, too, prefer more vapor than TH... and flavor with my vapor.

VG = vapor

PG= flavor

NIC = TH

with those (prementioned) basics in mind, one can easily adjust any juice on hand.

Personally, I like to always have on hand the same flavor in VG (MsTsBakery) and PG(VaporTalk, LiquidXpress, etc) and mix in an empty bottle (or direct drip) as needed.

I also buy premixed VG/PG blends. (TastyVapor for example)

VG and Cartomizers don't always get along. The Direct Dripping method and Bottom Feeder (ReosMods for example) PV's certainly work nicely though.

GoodProphets has a nice VG line that is thinned appropriately for cartomizers. You might want to give their VG a try if you're using carto's. I'm sure there's others out there, but I can only think of the one off hand.

It's all trial and error and happy surprises. Finding the right combo for you personally is a personal adventure. I hope these tips help you with your journey. Good luck and Happy Vaping!

Nice points by all and it seems your in good hands. Another suggestion if you like menthol and vanilla? Halo has a menthol with a vanilla exhale called Ice. TH is going to be a bit pronounced on this juice but I keep it handy in the vape cabinet. Was never a menthol smoker but really like this stuff. (also love vanilla) They offer a very smooth and lightweight menthol called Truepure which has almost a creamy type menthol hint. Very smooth and mellow vape with TH being what you want it to be.

Just did a small review of a new vanilla favorite from Mountain Vapor and it's very smooth. Could always opt for a good vanilla at low nic and add to your menthol for taste. These two together make for one of my favorites. BTW, nice choice of battery for starting out. Had a Mega Joye that would not die, and lasted for months on end. Almost held a service when it finally went south. Good luck and happy vaping........

i got usa mlb menthol 18mg 60pg/40vg from ######. The bottle says wicked vapor. From what I've been reading I think if I get the 8mg and mix it with the 18mg i already have then i can find a happy mg that don't give the TH I've been getting. Also thought of trying some different flavors. I can't though decide on a flavor. I like the sweetness of this menthol on exhale. So i probably would like something with a sweet taste. I don't drink coffee but I do like french vanilla cappuccino in the winter time. As for as fruits I like cherry, strawberry, pineapple and peaches. Is there a better pg/vg % mix than 60/40 or a better company to order from. I been looking at gourmet vapor but so many to choice.

I really like juices from Ms. T's Bakery, they are a mix, more VG than PG and you can request any nic you want. Her peach juice is very good and I especially like the chocolate brownies. VT juices are also very good, they are PG though. I would suggest ordering small bottles or samplers if you can to see what you like, there are so many choices.

I'm a huge fan of sweet-vapes. You can customize your order there as to the blend of pg/vg, nic, and flavor like gourmet vapor. The difference between SV and gourmet vapor is that you know all of the recipes are hers. Its hard to tell if you are getting a GV created or a customer submitted flavor although i have purchased juice from both places and i have liked 60% of GV juice and 100% of SV juice.

My favorite flavors from sweet vapes are Pear, Cherry Slushy (with a cold shot), Boston Cream Pie, and the amazing Spanish Gold signature tobacco flavor.

Best I've tried from Gourmet Vapor are Peach Bellini, White Smurf, Momma loves Wapple Slush, and Perique Blackberry tobacco.

These are the ones that had the best flavor for me. I always order extra flavor and 50/50 PG/VG blend. Flavor is subjective, so it comes down to just basic opinion.

The fun part is trying new flavors. I thought for sure that i would love bakery style flavors, but i have not found a waffle or a cake that will live up to my exacting standards. ;) Go with small bottles and sample packs until you get a good idea of what kind of flavors work best for you.

I ADORE the Sweet Dawn and Apple Dapple flavor from the VT store. The Mentha tastes just like a camel menthol to me. I will buy tons and tons of the stuff if he ever decides to carry 8 or 12 milligram nicotine. 16 is just too much throat hit for me. It took about 15-20 samples of juice to figure out that the peppery taste was from the nicotine.

I wish you all the luck in the world finding your perfect juice. Have fun with it and HAPPY VAPING!

Xx

I started the same way by choosing a tobacco flavor to start with. So far I have not found a flavor that takes my breath away with a th, but I was always kind of hardcore. I would suggest playing around with flavors and mix a few together. Worst case scenario you flush your atty and start over. Still much cheaper than the old coffin nails. Good luck, and happy vaping!

Well wish me luck, I placed a order today with GV for peach, vanilla and bigicedogs jumpoff. not to sure about the last one though, It has 30% lemonade in it but it also has apricot and peaches with a hint of menthol. outside of the lemonade it sounds delicious. This one will probably be my favorite. I also went back to original vendor and ordered my usb mlb menthol but in 8 mg instead of 18mg. this way i can mix the two and find the perfect mg.

I trully loved my 510 today. I have a office job and was on a teleconference call for 3 hours this evening. I ended up shutting my door and vaped away. Couldn't have done that with an analog. A true life saver today.

I would also like to say THANK YOU to everyone who has responded to my post. All input have been greatly appreciated. I now believe that the 18mg with menthol was too strong. We will find out when my new batch arrives.

I’ve been vaping for 4 weeks, and I’m buying about 4 new flavors every two weeks just to see what’s out there.

I don’t care what size the sample bottles are or even what nicotine strength they are. Descriptions don’t matter either. I just want to experience what the most popular ones really taste like...when they’re on sale.

I bought a clove liquid I thought I’d love, and it was awful. I picked up a macchiato at the same time that I didn’t expect much from, and it was great.

-Cantus

Good evening every one. Got one of my shipment in today. I got the peach from Gourmet and I like the TH. It is 12mg 60pg/40vg. I got normal flavor. TH is perfect. but I think next shipment I'll get it 50/50 with double flavor. That is because it needs a little more vapor and I can barely taste the peach but for what i do taste, it is good. I tried the bigicedogs jump off that has 30% menthol and I got that TH that I was getting with the usa mlb menthol. So perhaps menthol doesn't agree with me in a e-cig. I will probably try some coffee flavors and more fruit flavors next. So I guess as all was once newbies, the saying keeps going, "It's all try and error with the juice, however keep trying and you will find the perfect flavor(taste). Good night everyone, I'm going to go vape my peach before bedtime.

Glad the new juice is working out for you. Don't forget, your taste buds are damaged from the many years of smoking so it may be difficult to get good taste. Many report improved taste after only a few weeks (but for some it seems to never come back, or takes much longer).