New To Vaping Again, This Time Its Working.

mattfromthenavy

Hello All,

I actually bought an electronic cigarette about 2+ years ago from a local smoke shop when i lived in charleston, SC...it was an InLife Prestige model and it really never did the trick, plus it cost me 150 dollars which looking back was an insane amount of money for a very lackluster product. Well I broke that and then moved and left it in the trunk of my car and forgot about it. Two weeks ago I went on leave after an 8 month deployment and all of my friends back home (we're all heavy pack+ a day smokers) had quit smoking and were puffing on V2 Ecigs and had bought me a starter kit for my birthday. I have to say I was very impressed by the small size and how effective it is. I ordered some cartos and high-caliber ejuice from alvinecigs.com (fastest shipping ever, btw) and haven't looked back. I did quickly get tired of replacing the batteries all of the time though, and the unregulated power supply makes me violently angry (i'm an electronics nerd) so i got online and found something i would never have to charge more than once in a day and that had regulated power. I ordered an ePower Ego w/18650 batteries from gotvapes.com and their fluxomizer carts to try out. They should come in tomorrow or the next day and i'm really excited to take this to the next level. I also ordered a PCC and some more juice from alvinecigs.com because the size of the V2 is really nice, and i could see carrying it now and again.

Being in the navy, and having roadblocks to my smoking all of the time (fueling, ammo handling, etc) makes ecigs so much more incredible. I love them, so very very much. Also i found out that Vapure eliquids is based in san diego, where i live, and has a storefront. Does anyone have any experience with them, or any flavor recommendations?

Your choice of an 18650 powered unit should make you much happier when it comes to overall 'vape time'. I have several 18650 mods and love them all! You might want to still have an extra battery or two on the ready because you just never know... and don't want to be stuck with only a single cell. I typically go through 2 AW High Drain 18650's per day... at a pretty consistent 'vape pace'... I have often times had a single batt last all day though as well. I will say that the AW 18650 High Drain batts (red jackets) paired with a Boge 2.0 LR Carto is a fabulous vape! (Keep those cartos/batts in mind if you don't like your initial setup... that's my everyday setup now) All I need for the day, is to 'top off' every now and again when it starts to lack vapor/flavor, and I'm good to go.

Good luck and thanks for your service!

Edited by DAYVAPE

Your choice of an 18650 powered unit should make you much happier when it comes to overall 'vape time'. I have several 18650 mods and love them all! You might want to still have an extra battery or two on the ready because you just never know... and don't want to be stuck with only a single cell. I typically go through 2 AW High Drain 18650's per day... at a pretty consistent 'vape pace'... I have often times had a single batt last all day though as well. I will say that the AW 18650 High Drain batts (red jackets) paired with a Boge 2.0 LR Carto is a fabulous vape! (Keep those cartos/batts in mind if you don't like your initial setup... that's my everyday setup now) All I need for the day, is to 'top off' every now and again when it starts to lack vapor/flavor, and I'm good to go.

Good luck and thanks for your service!

Awesome advice, thanks so much. I was wondering about LR Cartos, i heard there are also some incompatibility issues with the ePowers like attys or cartos that don't fit. Do you know anything about that? I definitely agree with bringing another battery with me. It sort of goes without saying (one is none in my book) but i've been up at work now for 6 hrs and i've drained 3 280 maH V2 batts. Where do you recommend gettting the high drain batts from?

Here are a lot of batteries to choose from... and the 18650's in different versions: http://www.supertman...g.com/id75.html The 'red wrapped / high drains' are not "protected" like others say... but are actually a 'safer chemistry' battery when it comes to how it's made. I've actually had one 'exhaust' itself due to a bad adapter I was using... and instead of any 'boom' or 'leaking' it actually just heated up and made the spring collapse in the device. Which was fine with me... all I needed was a $4 spring to fix the issue... and a new battery obviously. They are a great battery, IMO. I would probably try to stick with the stainless cartos (w/o wrapper) just in case... but I don't think you should have any problems either way with the ePower units. And as far as fitment... I have the smaller ePower and it has no issues at all. I cannot speak for the 18650 unit however... so hopefully someone will chime in here on that . I would think that Boge LR Cartos would work on your device... I know they do on mine, and work as great with it as any other device I have! All I know is that Boge LR/2.0 cartos are my daily vape... along with an AW18650 High Drain battery of course!

Peace!

Edited by DAYVAPE

Glad you are back on track. Sounds like you have some good advice too. For a no fuss PV (assuming you have good attys), I might suggest the REO. Fill the 6ml tank, fresh 18650 and go. It's like direct dripping without the fuss, and is built like a tank (except the door might need a band around it if using gloves or for less fumbling on the go). Dayvape loves attys too. (Hah)

Yeah, what Troop said.... NOT! Most everyone knows that a good carto is the best vape (hell, the poll earlier proved it I believe!) ... he's just a little slow... he'll catch on soon, I just know it.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Yeah, what Troop said.... NOT! Most everyone knows that a good carto is the best vape (hell, the poll earlier proved it I believe!) ... he's just a little slow... he'll catch on soon, I just know it.

I'll NEVER catch on. :evil: ....it's like an atty with some batting inside to mess everything up. I agree cartos might work better than dripping for some- but it is only because people are trying to get away from having to drip constantly IMO. The bottom feeder solves this dilemma, thus making the carto pointless. (less is better- why add more than the heating element if you don't have to?)

Kinda pointless to even discuss the matter when you are so one-sided about it... don't ya think?

I actually have given atomizers a chance (before realizing that cartos were better)... I doubt that you, on the other hand, have given cartos that same/equal chance, am I correct? I mean... REALLY given cartos a chance?? By the way, not everyone has that fat wallet like you to be buyin' up these fancy bottom feeding devices you speak of! :harhar:

I realize i'm in the minority, but not one sided. I've tried the cartos and have liked a few, for a short period of time. They are really hit or miss with me. For the most part, I was just razzing ya- but there is a lot of truth to the statement too. Not sure how adding some filler is going to make the heating device better and the taste better. And re: cost of a bottom feeder ...here it's LESS than the cost of 15 days of smoking (for me).

Now I have had some attys that would totally put me off of vaping, or attys in general if I didn't know better. I guess it's the same with both- they all have a potential to be lemons, or taste funky, or vape funky. ....this is getting way off track. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Attys rule. :yes

Welcome back Matt!

No kidding...hijacker... how rude. LOL! JK Troopster.... all in good fun brotha!

Matt, you should really give em all a fair shot and just see what works best for you.

It's obvious we all have our favorites... for different reasons. That's what's great about it all... plenty of wonderful options out there for us picky people!