OK it's been a long time coming but I FINALLY built a new mod. I built this after seeing many flaws in the basic VV box mod with a rotating pot. I hated how I would have to add a locking mechanism to it to keep it from turning and also hated how I didn't know the voltage without a multi meter. Well I solved all that plus the flimsiness of those box mods when I came across this box from Polycase. It's kinda beefy but I have really enjoyed it so far. I call it the Super eGo Detonator (as I can not bring this on base on Fort Hood or in an airport cuz it looks like a DETONATOR LMAO)

post-4040-0-22267700-1313620887_thumb.jp

post-4040-0-20633700-1313620945_thumb.jp

1st pic is with a mega eGo Dual Coil Carto. LOVE THIS THING

2nd is with the Drip on Demand Kit from MV with eGo cone attached using 510 to eGo adapter from MV... also LOVE IT

post-4040-0-60130000-1313621224_thumb.jp

The blue part of it is a rubber cover. Very nice if I drop it it just bounces.

post-4040-0-75141000-1313621152_thumb.jp

post-4040-0-58706900-1313621109_thumb.jp

post-4040-0-19965800-1313621192_thumb.jp

As you can see it has an LED bar on the front. The first two are green (3.7 and 4v), the second two are yellow (4.5 and 5v), and the last two are red (5.5 and 6v).

The voltage is changed with a multi position switch on top (will be pictured below) and is very clicky. It wont change voltage unless I want it too. It is seated next to the on off switch and 510 connector.

Here is the parts list. I may forget some things... as you will see a LOT went inside this.

Polycase Box (Free sample 001_cool.gif)

TI multi voltage regulator (also free sample 001_cool.gif)

Multi position pot (had this laying around)

On/Off switch (also had this lying around)

Clicky Button from MV

Resistors, Capacitors, and Wires (had these lying around)

6 LED multi color bar (had this lying around)

Circuit boards from MV

510 connector, 510 to eGo adapter and eGo cone from MV

OK now under the hood pics (oh baby oh baby)

post-4040-0-64019700-1313620983_thumb.jp

post-4040-0-47493700-1313621016_thumb.jp

post-4040-0-54166000-1313621050_thumb.jp

As you can see it is run by 2 14500 trust fire batteries seated in a neat little compartment on the opposite side of the circuitry.

I won't bother explaining how I wired this... it took a LONG TIME lol. Just look.

Anyways I love it. There are no leaks inside, it is shock absorbent and weather proof, the voltage doesn't change without me doing it and it vapes like a BEAST. Like it?

devil.gif

I won't bother explaining how I wired this... it took a LONG TIME lol. Just look.

LOL! I was looking at the pics and thinking, "my God, no way I'd have the patience to do that!". Nice job - looks great!

Off topic, but since it's in the pic, how's that "drip on demand" working?

Edited by Brian
becuss i cant spelll

LOL! I was looking at the pics and thinking, "my God, no pay I'd have the patients to do that!". Nice job - looks great!

Off topic, but since it's in the pic, how's that "drip on demand" working?

It is just great! it works via suction and if you need more juice you can squeeze the bottle. Its like adding a feeder without the fuss honestly. I actually can flood a carto because my cone acts like a juice cup, boost it to 6v and vape away on a 2.4 ohm carto. So yes... its nice lol. So are the eGo mega dual coil cartos. They hold 3 or 4ml of juice. havent exactly measured it. but I can run those at 5.5 volts without an issue

It is just great! it works via suction and if you need more juice you can squeeze the bottle. Its like adding a feeder without the fuss honestly. I actually can flood a carto because my cone acts like a juice cup, boost it to 6v and vape away on a 2.4 ohm carto. So yes... its nice lol. So are the eGo mega dual coil cartos. They hold 3 or 4ml of juice. havent exactly measured it. but I can run those at 5.5 volts without an issue

So, you say you are using it with a carto... do you have any problems with flooding or choking the carto? How well is the juice delivered? I didn't notice anywhere on this website that it said to use with cartos. http://dripondemand.com/

Have you shipped mine yet? :)

lol unfortunately I have no more of these boxes on hand... If you have modding skills this box is really easy to use. lots of space and you can get it for free. If you want the link to the page let me know :-)

@nana

Thanks! :-D

So, you say you are using it with a carto... do you have any problems with flooding or choking the carto? How well is the juice delivered? I didn't notice anywhere on this website that it said to use with cartos. http://dripondemand.com/

well sometimes I flodd it on purpose by squeezing the bottle so I can boost my voltage up to around 6v without burning lol. I have no problems with leaks because of the ego cone I am using in conjunction with it catches all the excess juice and allows it to be sucked back into the carto. Also yes, I have notice using a carto with this is way better than an atty. since the draw is a little stiffer it provides the suction necessary to pull more juice in from the bottle. Plus if you get it a little too dry, you can just give the bottle a squeeze like in a bottom fed box. I love it because now I dont have to worry about housing a juice bottle inside my box next to all my precious circuitry ;-). I hope that answered your question.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

lol unfortunately I have no more of these boxes on hand... If you have modding skills this box is really easy to use. lots of space and you can get it for free. If you want the link to the page let me know :-)

@nana

Thanks! :-D

I would like to know where to get one or a few of these boxes, please..

* David A.K.A. eastXrebel *