Nebbie - Need Help Vaporing. Atty Problems?

mjradik

So I'm brand new to vaporing. Order a eGo-T, came in today. Battery is charged. Got an extra battery, atty, and plenty of liquid. I read alot of posts, watched some videos, and I think I'm good to go, but think I may have some problems. With the advice of some posters, soaked the attys in hot water from the start and rinsed out that oily stuff that was in the new atty. I assume that the primer? One of the attys seems great. Good liquid taste, good vapor. Another atty can't get nothing. Feels like I'm sucking through a closed straw. I tried putting a small needle in to open it up but no luck. Am i just SOL for this one? The 3rd atty, I get vapor, but no liquid taste, and tastes burnt. So do I have 2 DOA attys? Anything I can try? Remember these are brand new, they have been rinsed and blown out a few times.

Also is there a proper way to vapor for better taste/vapor/extend life of atty? I mean, should I take a long hit, then wait a few seconds before taking another hit? With the tank system, do you need to wait between hits to get the liquid on the coils? If I hold down the button, and take 3-4 small quick hits in succession, does the liquid not get on the coils?

Also, What exactly does a LR atty do. I assume that means Low Resistance. So does it allow for a easier or better or stronger hit?

Lastly, what are peoples opinions on PG vs LG liquid? I ordered PG. Does one have more flavor over another? One last longer, or thinner or thicker?

Thanks all in advance.

I just figured out my first issue. The main problem I was having is that I did not insert the tank all the way. I put it in still it stoped, and the directions told me not to force it. But it was still 2-3mm away from being flush. So I slowly twisted it and pushed down more unit the 'ledge' of the tank was flush with atty. So I tested and have 2 good working attys. However my 3rd atty is still cloged or something. I get zero air pass through. Its like sucking on my finger, lol, but if I remove the atty and blow into it, air does pass through. I guess thats air passing around the wick/piercing tube portion?

I would still like peoples opinions on the other questions. Thanks.

I don't recommend soaking your atomizers before you use it. You can quite simply just blow the primer out by twisting up a paper towel or tissue and inserting inside the atomizer and blowing gently through the battery end. This also works for the tank atomizers. If you must soak or boil your atomizers to clean them, they must dry for at least 24 hours. You also run the risk of killing the atomizer when doing either of those procedures. Not a good idea to do it with a brand new atty because you just lost your warranty if they have any at all.

LR atty's will simulate a high voltage vape. They are a warmer hit and burn through juice a bit faster. You might notice some flavor loss. LR's are where it's at.

PG vs. VG depends on your tastes. PG carries flavor better while VG creates more vapor. VG is slightly sweet as well. Because VG is thicker, you'll want to avoid using it in your ego t-atty/tank at levels over 20%. That has just been my experience- I'm sure someone will chime in and say they use pure VG in their tank.

Welcome to VT and good luck!

Bruno, is the atty well used when this happens? You can always try sucking water up through the atty as shown in that video of Vicki's kitchen on sunday morning. But don't take my word for it, I'm a newbie.. I know for my DOA atty, i get nuttin. Short of taking it apart I tried everything. I prolly going to take it apart soon because I can't screw it up worse, and it would be a good atty to practice on.

Thanks for that reply Troopx, exactly what I was looking for. So I take it LR's will go through a battery faster too? When you say 20%, what does that mean? The strength? I order and use 18mg instead of 24. Is that what you mean or is 20% something totally different?

Yes, the LR's will drain a battery a bit faster. But it isn't a big deal, I use them all the time and don't find it an issue. But I always have another charged battery. lol

The 20% is in reference to VG Juice. Some liquids are mixed with both PG and VG. When using Tanks you don't want to use a liquid that has more than 20% VG in it. The more the VG the thicker the juice and it won't work well. Meaning the juice won't wick to the atomizer because it is too thick.

The 20% has nothing to do with mg of nic.

• 2 weeks later...

On this same line... Some times when I ape it's like drawing a thick shake through a small straw....doesn't happen all the time... Any ideas?

Bruno, just in case you see this, I THINK i might know what you problem is (if you are using the ego-t), because it happened to me one time, but I know the atty was fine. On the base of the atty where it screws into the batter you will see two small air holes. If your fingeres cover them up while holding it, no air can pass through, and it feel like you sucking a thick shake through a small straw.