Fairly New To Vaping...new To This Type Of E Cig

sk_vzw

Hello...I have read through some of the posts and have not found what I need. Sorry if this seems like a stupid question. I was using the blu and emist and went back to smoking for about 6 months. When I tried to use the blu again...all 5 batteries were not taking a charge...the emist still worked...but not very well. I ordered the (I think 910) on value vapor. It has a hole (automatic?) in the atty. Am I suppossed to cover this when I vape, or leave it open? How many drops of liquid do I put in? I love how this one creates more "smoke" and gives a stronger hit :)

Don't cover the hole! The hole is your air intake. Most atomizers will have the air hole on the bottom where it screws into the battery. The 901 has it located on the side. Are you direct dripping? Don't use more than two drops or it will leak out the hole. That has been from my experience. Sometimes you can get away with three drops if the atomizer is really dry. If you are using cartridges fill them until they look slushy.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the Forum sk_vzw

Finding the right system sure can be a bit daunting for folks starting out. Even us who have been at it for sometime are faced with many of the new choices coming on the scene.

There always seems to be a new " must have" device or system every week! There are so many vendors to choose from and recomendations all over the web on who and what to use.

I know I look at what is new and wonder if I need to change to it. So don't feel alone in being overwhelmed with choices.

It's a moving train your trying to catch a ride on. Lots of hands here stuck out ready to grab and pull you aboard.

So to add to the number of recomendations you will get I would say simply:

Get a system that uses 510 connections.

Why?

Its the most common connection for any cartridge, attomizer, cartomizer, tank to hold the liquid .

It is the most common connection on any of the devices you will buy to place the cartridge, cartomizer, tank, ect.

Ok then what?

It will be a matter of experiments on your part on how you want to vape. Utimately you want some vapor and some taste that suits you and your lifestyle. Driping means you are pretty much sitting down in one spot. All the others allow you to be on the move.

So my two cents is a 510 type system. Start there.

Good luck

Kaz

Wow...I have never been to a site where everyone was this helpful!! I appreciate the info...and the link ;) I am determined not to go back to smoking....and I think with your help I will be able to find the right combination to achieve that!!!! Thank you!!!

Welcome to the forum! 510 fittings are a standard. An eGo kit would be my first choice. A kit where you can have two complete units to use, vaping with one while one is charging. If you rotate batteries, they seem to last longer. I use LR (Low Resistance) cartomizers on mine. Just recently got a NOEGO that has an 18650 battery for longer battery life between charges. It also has a 510 fitting. If you get an eGo kit, purchase one with 900mAh batteries. The 650mAh batteries are good but the 900mAh batteries hold a charge longer. LR cartomizers and the new dual coil cartomizers work great on the eGo's. The "cartridges" that come with some kits are pretty much useless. Cartridges are old style and outdated. Most people direct drip into an atomizer or use cartomizers nowadays.

All atomizers and cartomizers have a hole to draw air through while you vape. If you get a kit with automatic batteries, they will also have a hole to draw air through. The air you draw in activates the automatic battery switch. I use manual batteries. Manual batteries are sealed and have no hole. I like pushing the button myself, while I vape.

Personally I would get an eGo dual kit (two complete units) with 900mAh batteries and buy a 5 pack of LR 510 cartomizers and a 5 pack of 510 dual coil cartomizers. To me this is the perfect combination. Hope this helps! :)