How Dangerous Are E-Cigs To You?

cheeple

How dangerous do you think e-cigs are to you? on a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being as bad as an analog cig.

I personally smoke the XHale02 which is with a vegetable Glycerin/Nicotene combo.

I'm wondering do you Vape guilt free? or is part of you wondering if it's totally safe?

I personally think it's relatively safe I would give it a 3 because it's been used in Europe for the last couple years and I've heard more than one Doctor say that Nicotene by itself isn't that bad, similar to coffee which is re-assuring to me.

So thats how I came up with a 3, how would you rate your vaping hobby?

post-10295-0-64622400-1310536306_thumb.j

i think the fact that your sense of smell, sense of taste, and lung capacity come back are strong indicators that it's certainly better for you than smoking, but without the aid of long-term testing, it's hard to say exactly how safe vaping is for you. but when you look at things like fast food and car exhaust, it sorta becomes relative. the dangers of smoking are well known, and the obvious benefits of vaping are reason enough for me to continue, regardless of any unforseen dangers.

I would have to say it is about a 3 because there are some side affects. And possibly some unknown reactions.

I would go as far as saying 9.

Vaping spaces me out. Some people are allergic to vaping and some people are not.

I would go as far as saying 9.

Vaping spaces me out. Some people are allergic to vaping and some people are not.

Depends on the quality of the juice, but 9? Seriously? You must have some bad juice in Australia. Try something else until that 9 goes down to the 1-3 range IMO. ....I feel for ya if you are vaping 9 juice.

Cigarettes:

The chemicals in cigarettes and tobacco smoke make smoking harmful. Tobacco smoke contains over 4,000 different chemicals. At least 50 are known carcinogens (cause cancer in humans) and many are poisonous.

Vaping:

Food grade Propylene Glycol and/or vegetable glycerin.

USP grade flavoring

Optional- nicotine.

No combustion

9????

You must have some bad juice in Australia.

Well, I really do hope it's just the juice in Australia. I ordered a lot of organic juice from Vaporite and I hope that brings the 9 down to a 3 ....or even a 0....yes Zero.

Well, I really do hope it's just the juice in Australia. I ordered a lot of organic juice from Vaporite and I hope that brings the 9 down to a 3 ....or even a 0....yes Zero.

Not to get off topic, but what type of juice do you like? Fruity? Sweet? ashtray tobacco, pipe tobacco? What MG do you vape? Check out the suppliers section in the forums and the vapor talk store if the vaporite doesn't work for you.

Edited by TroopX

Really, the apple dapple is pretty amazing. I ended up buying some really crap juice trying to find the 'right' ones for me. I'm really looking forward to trying the Dulcis.

As to the danger factor, I have to rate it about a 3. My logical mind tells me that it can't be totally good for you to inhale flavor. However, given the fact that living in NY or LA and breathing the city air is equal to smoking a few cigarettes a day bears weight to the fact that vaping is less harmful than other known (and preventable) toxins we are exposed to on a daily basis.

I believe that there is a benefit to most people that are now ex-smokers. The increase in overall lung capacity is a testament to the fact that, yes, you can heal your lung function while vaping. Overall, it boils down to trading one habit for another, but if in the long run it prevents people from the well documented health risks of smoking analog cigarettes, then i'm all for it. A 3 rates a hell of a lot better than a 10.

I don't want to smoke, but if i didn't have the option to vape, I have no doubt in my mind that i would go back to using tobacco products.

Xx

Not to get off topic, but what type of juice do you like? Fruity? Sweet? ashtray tobacco, pipe tobacco? What MG do you vape? Check out the suppliers section in the forums and the vapor talk store if the vaporite doesn't work for you.

I've tried 5 flavors and I like coffee and Tuti Fruit the most.

My juices are all 0 nic because that's all that Aussie suppliers can stock. So I've ordered a lot of juices from Vaporite with all different nic levels ranging from 6 mg to 18 mg.

I've been experimenting and found that anything with a flavor in it, that I have, sends my head in a spin......and unflavored PG/VG is quite good and doesn't send my head in a spin. But unflavored PG/VG doesn't taste too good.

My logical mind tells me that it can't be totally good for you to inhale flavor.

EXACTLY...That's why I ordered organic flavored juices from Vaporite.

Edited by Sellaman

I've tried 5 flavors and I like coffee and Tuti Fruit the most.

My juices are all 0 nic because that's all that Aussie suppliers can stock. So I've ordered a lot of juices from Vaporite with all different nic levels ranging from 6 mg to 18 mg.

I've been experimenting and found that anything with a flavor in it, that I have, sends my head in a spin......and unflavored PG/VG is quite good and doesn't send my head in a spin. But unflavored PG/VG doesn't taste too good.

I'm at a loss and can only speculate. I have no idea why 0nic would make your head spin, unless you are having adverse reactions to PG or the flavoring. It sounds like the flavoring is the issue. Is it stock dekang?

I'm at a loss and can only speculate. I have no idea why 0nic would make your head spin, unless you are having adverse reactions to PG or the flavoring. It sounds like the flavoring is the issue. Is it stock dekang?

I have a feeling that when I get my organic juices from Vaporite that my head won't spin , even if it has nicotine in it.

I have tried vaping unflavored 60/40 PG,VG 0nic and that has been the best so far. I can't sense any bad reaction.

But any of the 3 brands of flavoring I have sends me into a head spin.

I have 2 Juice W hore flavorings, 2 home made flavorings made by my vendor, and 2 Chinese flavors. ( I don't know if it's Dekang)

I would have to go with 2 (then again, almost everything on the planet rates at least a 2). I have been vaping for just over 2 years and would never go back to smoking !!!

inhaling anything into your lungs is never a good thing (including the air we breathe these days)......

vaping vs smoking = No contest, hands down vaping is better.

I don't want to smoke, but if i didn't have the option to vape, I have no doubt in my mind that i would go back to using tobacco products.

Xx

Thats true, if I had not found that e-cigarette at 7-11 I would have caved in, I went 3 days without a smoke and was having headaches and insomnia, so it's alot more than just "will power" ............a co-worker had told me he quit smoking months before I quit, so I thought I'd show him my e-cig and let him know I joined "the club", he said he hasn't smoked either but he pointed to his mouth a big wod of chew in his lip.................

I wouldn't be able to rate my addiction. I think the fact that nicotine is calming my brain and my reaction, is enough for satisfy me. In this world of the 20th century we have so many other bad addictions. Drinking, drugs... even coffee might hurt us more than the e-cigarettes. And if i don't hurt my boy , vaping next to him is even better.

On a scale from 1 to 10 I would rate my addiction 1

How dangerous do you think e-cigs are to you? on a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being as bad as an analog cig.

I personally smoke the XHale02 which is with a vegetable Glycerin/Nicotene combo.

I'm wondering do you Vape guilt free? or is part of you wondering if it's totally safe?

I personally think it's relatively safe I would give it a 3 because it's been used in Europe for the last couple years and I've heard more than one Doctor say that Nicotene by itself isn't that bad, similar to coffee which is re-assuring to me.

I doubt if it's anything like coffee which has been found to have numerous and significant health benefits.

I doubt if it's anything like coffee which has been found to have numerous and significant health benefits.

Thats true Coffee has antioxidants what I should have said was Nicotene is just a stimulant similar to caffeine, by itself is not actually that bad if in low quantities, and most of us are trying to eventually get to the low nic variety.