Fake Mod Batteries

Good find. I've always been curious about how there can different sizes of the same battery that are suppose to be the same voltage and mah. I've got some Trustfire 14500s that are different sizes. I've also seen some 16340s that are suppose to be the same voltage and mah, but are 2mm different in size.

I look forward to the follow.

Good information. I've also wondered why so many batteries of the same voltage and obm's were different sizes. Can't wait to see the follow-up.

Thanks BD.thumbsup.gif

I suspect the companies you are used to seeing on you labels buy thier cells in bulk from different manufacturers and apply them to whatever application they are doing at the time.The spot welds are from cells that have tabs for making battery packs as in cordless tools and computers.The circut board will not function any different on one end of a cell than the other,either way all the current has to flow through the circut board.I am not making a judgement against or for any particular battery but merely suggesting that those may not be counterfit but just a different lot.For what we are paying for this stuff we will not be getting the kind of Q.C. that we are used to.