What Should I Try Next?

Diggs

So I have had my 510 for a week and so far I am pretty happy. Still tap about one or two analog cigs a day. Seems I run out of battery or juice or something once a day and go the easy/lazy route and puff an analog. Anyway, I want to try something else to compare my 510 to. I have read the 510 is generally liked, but some feel that it has a harsh hit and the larger pen styles out perform it. I have also read a lot about the Janty Stick, and am curious about it, but I am really interested in something that would produce more vapor than the 510 if it exists. Seems the VP1/Vapre 51 is touting massive clouds of vapor and I am curious about those as well. Since I have the 510 already, I have a good portable solution, so this one would likely just sit at my house for when I am vegging on the PC (which is most of the time). For those of you that have been around vapping longer and have a few different style e-cigs, I would like to hear some suggestions on what you think I would enjoy using.

Thanks,

Diggs

Between Chris and I, I think we have used just about every model. You should see the "graveyard" of e-cigs and supplies we have, specially Chris. The only one we haven't and don't really care for trying is Puresmoker's Prodigy. So with this in mind I personally would recommend that you go with either a Janty Stick or VP1 or VP2. You already have a very solid and awesome unit with the 510 but I would recommend that everyone has at least one "penstyle" model in their "collection". I didn't used to beleive in the pen because it's size but it really is the model that delivers the all around best flavor while still delivering great vapor, at least in my opinion. Also the "penstyle" is not soo large anymore with models such as the janty stick. I say if you don't have a Janty Stick or VP2 then GET ONE NOW!!! They're all I use since I've gotten them.

P.S. I actually stole the Janty Stick from Chris, :DB). It's okay though, he got another one.

Between Chris and I, I think we have used just about every model. You should see the "graveyard" of e-cigs and supplies we have, specially Chris. The only one we haven't and don't really care for trying is Puresmoker's Prodigy. So with this in mind I personally would recommend that you go with either a Janty Stick or VP1 or VP2. You already have a very solid and awesome unit with the 510 but I would recommend that everyone has at least one "penstyle" model in their "collection". I didn't used to beleive in the pen because it's size but it really is the model that delivers the all around best flavor while still delivering great vapor, at least in my opinion. Also the "penstyle" is not soo large anymore with models such as the janty stick. I say if you don't have a Janty Stick or VP2 then GET ONE NOW!!! They're all I use since I've gotten them.

P.S. I actually stole the Janty Stick from Chris, :DB). It's okay though, he got another one.

Sean, thank you for the reply. This is exactly the advice I was looking for. I do have some questions about your suggestions though.

The 510 will be used when I am at work or on the road and whatever I chose next will be used at home when I am just chillin so battery life is not really a big consideration.

1. Is there an advantage to the VP1 or 2 other than the battery life versus just the standard 801/901? The VP sets look like an 801 or 901 with a big battery attached to it. But not having tried them, there might be more to it and I don't mind the additional cost of the VP sets if they provide better flavor and better vapor production.

2. Which do you like better, the 801 or 901 and why?? I want big plumes with lots of flavor. Size and battery life really don't matter since it will be on a USB Passthrough 95% of the time.

I am willing to hear what others think as well. Either way, I need to determine if I want an 801 or 901 regardless if I go with the VP sets.

Thanks again,

Diggs

1. Is there an advantage to the VP1 or 2 other than the battery life versus just the standard 801/901? The VP sets look like an 801 or 901 with a big battery attached to it. But not having tried them, there might be more to it and I don't mind the additional cost of the VP sets if they provide better flavor and better vapor production.

Other than the rediculous and extraordinary battery life I would say there is no advantage to the VP series. Let's put it this way when my VP2 arrived in the mail I put the battery in how it came and "vaped" the hell out of it for a little over 3 days straight and the battery is still fire'n and ready to go, which I think is unbelievable. Also, the VP series of e-cigs are made EXTEMELY well, I mean Jesso puts some good quality work into these things (at least both the VP1 Chris has and the VP2 I have are both that way). The vapor production and flavor however, is the same as you will get from most other models/variations of 801's and 901's as it is able to use all of either the 801 or 901 sized atomizers.

2. Which do you like better, the 801 or 901 and why?? I want big plumes with lots of flavor. Size and battery life really don't matter since it will be on a USB Passthrough 95% of the time.

I personally like the 801 significantly better. I try to be carefull though when it comes to telling people which models are better, as it is mainly personal preference. For example, many people out there really like the m401 model and it's variations, whereas I think it is a piece of junk, that is entirlely my personal opinion though (I hope I'm making sense). With that said I think that the 801 atomizers give better vapor production and waaaaayyyyy better flavor. The reason I think they are able to do this is simply because they are larger and able to better distribute heat accross the heating coil amongst other reasons. Don't get me wrong though the 901 is awesome for it's small size.

So, I say you need to buy either a VP series for the 801 atomizers or a Janty Stick. I would like to point out also that you said

Size and battery life really don't matter since it will be on a USB Passthrough 95% of the time.

If this is true I would say the Janty Stick is definetly your way to go. It has a passthrough already built in, which will save you some money, has great battery life, great flavor, great vapor production, and has a couple little bonuses like a dual led for charging and what not, as well as a travel case amongst other things.

I don't know if you've seen it already but, here is the video reveiw Chris and I did on the Janty Stick version 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-NWLCot9ng

P.S. Chris and I should be putting out a review of the VP2 version 1 today, September 9, 2009.

Hey guys,

Sorry to jump right into your discussion but I am in the exact same place as Diggs. Iam am settling in nicely to my 510. I am dripping at home and carting on the go. I am interested in expanding to a pen-style as well and after reading your discussion here I am leaning towards the DSE801. I think that it size is kind of classy. It reminds me of an oversized cross pen. Does the 801 produces more vapor for longer than the 901?

My question is this:

Awesomevapor.com and Dietsmokes.com: they look like different brands (they have different boxes anyway). Is there a difference between or do the vendors just make thier own boxes? I am leaning towards Awesomevapor because you guys have had some really nice things to say about him and he is offering a free bottle of juice with his kit.

Are all the 801's universal and equal?

Does the 801 produces more vapor for longer than the 901?

My question is this:

Awesomevapor.com and Dietsmokes.com: they look like different brands (they have different boxes anyway). Is there a difference between or do the vendors just make thier own boxes? I am leaning towards Awesomevapor because you guys have had some really nice things to say about him and he is offering a free bottle of juice with his kit.

Are all the 801's universal and equal?

All 801's are definetly not equal some work better than others. I yes I feel the 801 models produce more vapor for longer than than the 901, which is probably due to their size. As for the vendors well, both Dietsmokes and Awesomevapor are run by good stand up guys who will take great care of you and yes I do believe they use different models the only way to be sure though would be to find out from them directly, I would try Arno in his forum in the supplier forums area. Either way you are going to get a great model of 801 because both of them only carry the top stuff out there. With that in mind I think I would tell you to go with Awesomevapor simply because Arno is offering you a free bottle of juice.

Good discussion we got going on here :) Sean has done a pretty damn good job at answering the question but I'll give my 2 cents here.

First lets talk about the 801 and the 901.

There is a huge fan base for 901 out there, but really I don't like them much. True, they create good amounts of vapor but it's just a little under the 510. It also gets very hot and when it does can start to taste funny. You also will end up dripping in it as much as the 510. Bottom line, I don't like the 901. Never have.

Now the 801 on the other hand in my opinion is hands down the best. (Out of any atomizer on the marker) Period. The taste is great, you really get a feel for the flavors in the 801. After all this is the 1st generation atomizer and it's what they had in mind when creating flavors. It's a longer chamber so there is much vapor build up before it hits your mouth. Another positive is that it burns the juice very efficiently, unlike the 510 which will either A. Burn the juice so fast your filling every 6 puffs B. It starts to taste strange because it's so damn hot, so you end up adding more juice to get the bad taste away, then end up getting juice in your mouth. I still recommend the 510 but only for it's size. Whenever we test Vapor Talk Juice at the office it's always with a Penstyle Atomizer.

Now which would I choose the Janty Stick or the VP1/VP2?

Well if your going to use the unit mostly at home, then by far the VP wins. (not that it can't be used on the go, just some people don't like the look, I personally don't care. It works so well I take it with me on the go. I can trust it more than the other ecigs) The Janty stick works well but does not create potentially the amount of vapor the 801 atomizer can create attached to the VP1. Why? I dunno to be honest. PLUS the VP units do not have a cut off like the Janty Stick does. And although the Janty stick can be charged through the computer the VP units last so damn long, charging really isn't an issue.

So now we are stuck with VP1 or VP2. Well I haven't tried the newest units but I have tried the older units, I actually like the VP2 better, it holds in the hand well and created PLUMBS of vapor. It's almost stupid just how much. If you want something a little smaller then of course go with the VP1. (Both are great units and built well, plus the new models have REALLY improved, I have some coming in next week)

AND LAST. Fenwick asked if all Penstyle atomizers where the same and the answer is hell no. For example although Joye creates pretty good 510 atomizers, their Penstyle atomizers in my opinion suck. They make lots of noise but don't do much. The taste also sucks. Right now I'm using an atomizer from Awesome Vapor, I can't remember where he gets his from but they work GREAT. Taste is great and they are taking a beating from me with no problem. I've been hitting the same atomizer hard for the last week and it's going like a champ.

Hope that helps :)

All 801's are definetly not equal some work better than others. I yes I feel the 801 models produce more vapor for longer than than the 901, which is probably due to their size. As for the vendors well, both Dietsmokes and Awesomevapor are run by good stand up guys who will take great care of you and yes I do believe they use different models the only way to be sure though would be to find out from them directly, I would try Arno in his forum in the supplier forums area. Either way you are going to get a great model of 801 because both of them only carry the top stuff out there. With that in mind I think I would tell you to go with Awesomevapor simply because Arno is offering you a free bottle of juice.

For example the ones Arno sells are called the "classic pen style DSE801" and come in a long tan box with faux wood grain on the inside and a green electronic cigarette manual, whereas the ones from dietsmokes are called the "DSE 801/4072 original classic penstyle" and come in a square black box with a wavy blue line down the side. Do you know the difference?

Also, Have you seen the metalic blue in person? Is it cheap looking (painted on/ chips off)? Or, is it quality? It is hard to tell in the pictures, very glamour shots. I see my self having this large collection of black sticks soon, but definitley don't want anything cheap.

Edited by Fenwick

Now which would I choose the Janty Stick or the VP1/VP2?

Well if your going to use the unit mostly at home, then by far the VP wins. (not that it can't be used on the go, just some people don't like the look, I personally don't care. It works so well I take it with me on the go. I can trust it more than the other ecigs) The Janty stick works well but does not create potentially the amount of vapor the 801 atomizer can create attached to the VP1. Why? I dunno to be honest. PLUS the VP units do not have a cut off like the Janty Stick does. And although the Janty stick can be charged through the computer the VP units last so damn long, charging really isn't an issue.

Aaaaaannnnnddd he goes on to say a whole bunch more blah, blah, blah

:lol: sorry Chris just didn't feel quoting the whole post was necessary, I like to take what's important to my post.

What Chris said is true. The VP series does seem to put out more vapor from the 801 atomizer than his Janty Stick does. Mine, on the other hand, is basically the exact same but my Stick is one of the pre-production models so maybe there were a few changes made to it after I got the one I have.

P.S. The Stick I have is one of the first 9 ever made. Also, it was actually for Chris but, I stole it from him fair and square, B).

I searched around and couldn't really find what I wanted except for rockymountainvapor.com. That is where my 510 came from as well. I should have asked here first maybe I didn't check awesomevapor.com. I ended up just buying the atomizer for the DSE801, I had tips from Johnson Creek that I didn't know wouldn't fit my 510. I also picked up the USB passthrough for the 801 as well. $21.00 I think was the total for the two shipped. I should be good to go for vaping at my PC with a big juicy 801. The 510 is a nice unit, but I think I am going to find I like the 801 more just due to the different addy. The 510 just seems hot, but I have nothing to compare it too. I will let ya'll know what I think once I get it tested. Hope it arrives Saturday.

Diggs

I searched around and couldn't really find what I wanted except for rockymountainvapor.com. That is where my 510 came from as well. I should have asked here first maybe I didn't check awesomevapor.com. I ended up just buying the atomizer for the DSE801, I had tips from Johnson Creek that I didn't know wouldn't fit my 510. I also picked up the USB passthrough for the 801 as well. $21.00 I think was the total for the two shipped. I should be good to go for vaping at my PC with a big juicy 801. The 510 is a nice unit, but I think I am going to find I like the 801 more just due to the different addy. The 510 just seems hot, but I have nothing to compare it too. I will let ya'll know what I think once I get it tested. Hope it arrives Saturday.

Diggs

The 801 is a much "cooler" vape much bigger chamber for the vapor to cool down in before you inhale it.

Wow, Didn't realize we hit page 2 before I posted and read the additional post. So, I hope the one I got from Rocky Mountain vapor is decent quality. What Chris said about the 510 seems dead on about the juice and it getting hot. Again, I haven't compared, but can just tell that early puffs are pretty smooth, but when I really toke on it, the flavor changes and it changes the flavor. I don't know why I thought this, but it just had a "Over heated" flavor to it. This is my primary reason for simply buying the 801 addy and usb passthrough. When mobile, I have the 510, but when I am home relaxing, I will use the 801 on the passthrough. If I am happy with the 801, then I will likely get a VP2 kit also so I can move around the house and might even take it mobile. I haven't seen the VP series in person, so It is hard to tell how large it is. But I am learning that I don't think I am going to care. I want something that works well and provides good flavor. I think in the end the VP series will be cheaper due to using less liquid. But that is speculation on my part since I haven't used it. Thanks for the input from our hosts, it is certainly appreciated.

Diggs

Yup the 801 will get hot, but not nearly as fast as the 510 does. MUCH cooler vape. One thing to keep in mind about the passthrough is they go out pretty fast. (They also have a cut off) Although it's direct power you have to keep in mind it works like an auto bat. So it's not sealed. Your not going to get Vapor out of it like a VP1 or a Janty Stick.

Just make sure you leave it upside down on a paper towel every so often. If you end up having issues with it the VP1 is actually just a batter mod so it will work with the 801 atty you purchased.

I am going to go with the starter kit from Arno at awesomvapor.com

1. As I have mentioned in the past I am a sucker for the boxes with cool gadgets and extras and he gives his personal 4 page introduction book.

2. He is doing a deal right now were if you ask him he will swap the auto batteries for manual batteries and add the attachment for the charger.

(you do have to pay the extra price, but so does he)

3. You get the sample bottle of juice.

4. Arno seem like someone you want to do business with.

yea he's a really cool guy. At first, way back when, I wasn't sure about him. But I while back I was in Vegas and all I took was a 510 unit with ONE atomizer, which of course died on me. I thought crap. Arno found out an rushed 2 atomizers and some batteries out to me. This was AFTER I did his positive review so he had nothing to gain. He's just a stand up guy.

Oh and his little start up guide is a good read.

im a part of the fan base for the 901. there was a little smack talking about the 901 earier and i would have to say its overall better than the 510 and the 801. ive gotten more vapor from a 901 than i have from the other two. although not by much. it feels better in my hand while vaping, not small like the 510 and not big like the 801, just the right size. the standard batteries have good life on them. you combine a 901 atty with a VP1 and you have an awesome machine.

im not saying the other two suck by any means, they are both great products. but the short battery life of the 510 and the leaking problems of the 801 (mine still leak anyways) make the 901 the choice for me.

i will me getting the updated VP1 shortly (with all the adaptors) and my opinions might change, but pound for pound the 901 is where its at.

im a part of the fan base for the 901. there was a little smack talking about the 901 earier and i would have to say its overall better than the 510 and the 801. ive gotten more vapor from a 901 than i have from the other two. although not by much. it feels better in my hand while vaping, not small like the 510 and not big like the 801, just the right size. the standard batteries have good life on them. you combine a 901 atty with a VP1 and you have an awesome machine.

im not saying the other two suck by any means, they are both great products. but the short battery life of the 510 and the leaking problems of the 801 (mine still leak anyways) make the 901 the choice for me.

i will me getting the updated VP1 shortly (with all the adaptors) and my opinions might change, but pound for pound the 901 is where its at.

See this is the perfect example of what we mean when we say there is a strong following out there of 901 lovers. The people who love the 901, LOVE the 901. I like it and think it's cool, but all the ones that I have used to don't get close to touching the vapor from my pens and 510's. Maybe I guess you should decide by size, :lol:. Do you want small, medium, or large. 901 = small, 510 = medium, 801 = large®

Zeisman, to be honest bro, I don't know how your 901 is beating both your 510 and 801. I'm not sayin I don't beleive you but, like I said all the one's that I've used and my buddies have and use are in the same situation as me. I'm thinkin you just had a bad luck of the draw on the atomizer's you have. '

Hopefully the VP1 and adaptors work out good for you though. Chris and I have some coming soon that we are going to be reveiwing and we're pretty excited to see how they look, feel, and perform.

oh to be able to join in on these discussions will be fun. My plan is to try them all, but I want to make sure that I'm trying the right stuff.

Basically, I am on week two with out buying my ritual carton of cigs. Here in Orlando, FL that was running me about $50 bucks a week. So once a month I'm going to treat myself to a new toy. $50 = average starter kit. The only way to know is to meet these things in person, but the advice you guys give is awesome. I wouldn't have gone with Arno at first because his site doesn't stand-out and he doesn't have as many options.

BUT...because of sites like yours (I did see your earlier Vegas post Chris, and I can't imagine a worse hell) I found his site, watched his video and am ready to sample his no-nonsense products. No-nosense meaning he has weeded out the crap and has in his opinion only quality 801, 901, and 510 products.

So I will get the 801, then I will move on to what everybodies Vaportalking about.

That reminds me two things has or why hasn't anyone:

1. liquid holder that drips onto the atomizer directly, instead of fiber cart? Kind of like a cart but it holds liquid and you push a button and it drops a drop on for you.

2. Has anyone written software for the passthroughs?

Edited by Fenwick

oh to be able to join in on these discussions will be fun. My plan is to try them all, but I want to make sure that I'm trying the right stuff.

That reminds me two things has or why hasn't anyone:

1. liquid holder that drips onto the atomizer directly, instead of fiber cart? Kind of like a cart but it holds liquid and you push a button and it drops a drop on for you.

2. Has anyone written software for the passthroughs?

Fenwick, I am the same way. Hope to have a lot of experience with a lot of different styles of E-cigs.

As for your questions, check these out for the liquid holder. I am a fan.

http://www.johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/product/A011/accessories

Diggs

Fenwick, I am the same way. Hope to have a lot of experience with a lot of different styles of E-cigs.

As for your questions, check these out for the liquid holder. I am a fan.

http://www.johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/product/A011/accessories

Diggs

I have one of those. I got the JC Stater Kit Tin with all of the stuff. I personally hated thier juice, but I loved all of thier goodies. I like the syringe and the precision tweezers.

But what I was talking about is something that would replace the whole cart thing. it would hold just liquid and drip the juice for you. It would be apart of the atomizer or attached to it and you could refill it.

Well there are lots of mods out there but nothing that is good enough to go mainstream, trust me if China could figure out a way to make these things more officiant they would have been on it yesterday. Suppliers are always working with China to makes things better but for now, what we have is what he have.

As for software in the passthrough I don't think that would really help and even if it did they suck anyway. The PT's are built so damn cheap. The only one I would recommend is the passthrough from puresmoker.com built American and built to last. I haven't used one myself but I've heard nothing but good things about it. Comes with a good price tag though.

For those of you that have the 801 do you use the automatic batteries or the manual? I understand that with the manual batteries you need the adapter for the charger. I only have a 510 and I want to buy something else to try. I thought I would give the 801 a go. Which do you prefer, automatic or manual?