New And Question On Starter Kits

Tony_C

Ok, so I haven't actually started vaping yet but I figured it would probably be the best way for me to quit - I've tried a few times already, and think the only other option that would work might be Chantix, and I'd rather not risk all the side effects.

I was looking at Blu, but after finding and looking around this site, I'm looking at a Joye 510.

Main question is what are the pros/cons of cartomizers vs standard cartridge/atomizer?

Nobody uses cartridges. Honestly they don't work very well at all. So that leaves you with only an atomizer, which you drip into. It works great, but you have to drip often which might not work well if you drive often.

A cartomizers combines the atomizers and cartridge together. Thus the name CARTomizer. They are becoming popular and work quite well. A cartomizer will normally last a couple of hours before having to fill again. (constant vaping) Though some will fill more than others.

The 510 is a great start kit, but, if you have the extra cash go with the Joye eGo. It's the 510 but with a larger battery. It's what most end up with eventually anyway :)

The 510 is a great start kit, but, if you have the extra cash go with the Joye eGo. It's the 510 but with a larger battery. It's what most end up with eventually anyway :)

I second what Chris said. Go for the eGo. You'll save the money in the long run. If you start with the 510, it will only be a matter of time before you will want the bigger battery.

And, Congrats on your decision to quit analogs and start vaping! :thumbsup:

The 510 in and of itself isn't a bad device, just has a very short battery life. The Ego uses the 510 atomizers/cartomizers or tanks, and has a much longer battery life between charges.

if you go with atomizers--get the drip tip, I personally prefer dripping, but many love cartomizers. honestly you will end up trying different combinations to determine what works best for you.

I know its a bit confusing in the beginning.

The Ego or 510 kits come with the basic items to get you started (except the e-liquid). Backup parts are always a good thing if budget allows. batteries, atomizers, cartomizers, liquid, charger.........

vaping really is amazing and I can't even express how much better than chantix !!!!!

Ok, so I haven't actually started vaping yet but I figured it would probably be the best way for me to quit - I've tried a few times already, and think the only other option that would work might be Chantix, and I'd rather not risk all the side effects.

I was looking at Blu, but after finding and looking around this site, I'm looking at a Joye 510.

Main question is what are the pros/cons of cartomizers vs standard cartridge/atomizer?

I'm new here too but thought I'd offer my 2 cents worth. I started with the Joye 510, but hated messing with the carts so I got a couple of 510-T attys and tanks. Then I got the Ego-T kit. Now I have the option of tanks, cartomizers or dripping with the Ego battery or the smaller 510. You need to think about how and where you will be using your e-cigs.

My assortment works well for me but might not for you. Right now I have an Ego w/tobacco in a tank, an Ego w/bakery juice in a tank, a 510 w/vanilla in a tank and a cartomizer w/tobacco on my 510 pass through on my desk at the same time. I like variety! lol

You won't be wrong starting with either one of them, the Joye parts are interchangable. The Ego has a much longer battery life though. The most important thing is the switch from smoking to vaping. Good luck!

i say as long as you're not getting a blu/green/envy, etc.. then you're on the right path. most people go for the skinnier ecigs thinking that there's a mental connection between the physical size of the device and its probability to succeed, but there really isn't, i got over the ego's size in 2 seconds, it's all about how it feels when you inhale and exhale, and a 510 has it where it counts, but take a good look at the ego before you make your decision.

Jon

Thanks for all the replies. As a test for myself, to see if I could get by with vaping, I got a disposable ecig from luci.com, ($2.50 + S&H with code luci10) tastes like cheapest thing you can buy in gas station, but does have *some kind* of tobacco flavor..good throat feel and seems to be alright on vapor production. Just hope it lasts til the real deal arrives....I do have a couple regular smokes just in case, but would rather not touch them.

I know everyone suggested ego...but I went with the 510 starter from vaporgalaxy.com - not a heavy smoker by any means, so the 2 batts should easily last me a full day, and my budgets tight as is - if I'm still vaping after xmas this year, I may get an ego or mod for when I'm not out and about.

Went ahead and got 5 pack of cartos, a drip tip, 2 bottles of liquid ( virginia tobacco, and clove). probably pick up more cartos, and a couple other flavors.(thinking coffee...and no clue what else yet, nothing with heavy fruit flavor).

Edited by Tony_C