Do I Need A Diff Charger For A Manual Battery?

EasyE

I have a DSE901 and was going to purchase a manual battery for it . The website says I need a special charger for it? It wont just screw into the main charger?

I believe this is because of the placement of the button for the manual batteries. It doesn't allow the battery to be screwed into the charger all the way. You can either buy a special charger for the battery, or an adapter to use on the regular charger.

Here are product links for ruyan direct:

adapter:

http://www.ruyandirect.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=241&productname=

usb charger:

http://www.ruyandirect.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=242&productname=

hope this helps :)

Edited by VegasVapor

I believe this is because of the placement of the button for the manual batteries. It doesn't allow the battery to be screwed into the charger all the way. You can either buy a special charger for the battery, or an adapter to use on the regular charger.

Here are product links for ruyan direct:

adapter:

http://www.ruyandirect.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=241&productname=

usb charger:

http://www.ruyandirect.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=242&productname=

hope this helps :)

Ahhh. ok that makes sense. Thanks bro!!

Sweet...I have yet to buy a passthrough. But my Janty Stick just came so I'm excited about that. Breaking this sucker in as we speak. :lol:

Ohh. I am tempted to get the Janty too. never heard anything bad about it. Tell how you like it!

That's correct you will need a different charger.

As for the Janty Stick, well you pretty much already have a passthrough, just hook it up via USB while puffin away and your golden. (Although it's not a 100% direct passthrough it will keep the stick charged high enough where it's pretty much the same thing)

That's correct you will need a different charger.

As for the Janty Stick, well you pretty much already have a passthrough, just hook it up via USB while puffin away and your golden. (Although it's not a 100% direct passthrough it will keep the stick charged high enough where it's pretty much the same thing)

Im confused. Its not a pass through? Can you explain the diff. The one i bought was only 9 bucks.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. just bought the manual USB passthrough. Cant wait! :lol:

Wow........it finally showed up. 14 days shipping....I guess from China That isnt bad. The price was great but I think next time I will order in the states. Not really worth the wait to save 1 dollar. The product worked great though.!! :thumbsup:

Actually I have my original charger for auto batts and I DO charge my manual batts in it. All I do is pop out the little rubber button and twirl the batt right into the original charger. Works like a dream -- just don't lose the little button. icecream.gif

LOL....Is it just me? My USB manual doesnt seem to be giving me what a fully charged regular battery does.. Plus the cord gets in the way and is kind of irritating me. :thumbsdown:

I've said it a few times on the forums the USB passthroughs are crap. (From China anyway)

Perhaps you could look into something like what Puresmoker.com has?

Ill check it out. I am glad I got the one I have right now cause my spare 901 battery broke i think. How do you know for sure? When I put it on the charger the lite doesnt turn red it just stays green. When I hook it up to the atty and draw on it the light comes on but nothing is happening in the atty. The atty is working fine with my other batteries....I also noticed that when i disconnect the faulty battery from the atty it blinks. It worked fine yesterday :turned:

Actually I have my original charger for auto batts and I DO charge my manual batts in it. All I do is pop out the little rubber button and twirl the batt right into the original charger. Works like a dream -- just don't lose the little button. icecream.gif

That is a nice idea. I just got a manual 801 and I am not really liking the adapter for the charger. I will have to give that a whirl.