Interesting Vaping Side Effects

Believe me. I couldn't be happier with vaping. I smoked a pack a day for 24+ years and haven't touched an analog in months, since I found vaping. I'll just be more careful to not swallow the juice.

right. Annoying to me also....

Thought I'd share some things I've noticed since I've started vaping.

Heartburn and hiccups. Occasionally I get these symptoms. I believe it's from swallowing the liquid. I've heard nicotine can induce hiccups.

Sleepiness. An intense, but very very short spell I can only describe as sleepiness. It's not dizziness at all. Typically this happens when I've gone some time without vaping.

Anyone have any ideas?

I don't know about nicotine inducting hiccups, but nicotine can definitely induce heartburn. As a matter of fact, one of the first pieces of advice they give chronic heartburn/GERD sufferers is to quit smoking, because it relaxes the pyloric sphincter (I think that's what that one is called). My GI doc finally gave up telling me to stop smoking.

As for hiccups, I may be the exception to the rule, or maybe I only noticed this when it happened in my favor, but smoking would actually HELP my hiccups - to the point that I frequently lit a cigarette BECAUSE I had the hiccups (and for those of you that have never done it, hiccuping while inhaling is nasty).

• 11 months later...

These are all exact signs of to much nicotine. All of those symptoms are often accompanied by strange, erotic or nightmarish dreams. Whatever nicotine strength you are on needs to be stepped down to the next lowest level. These side effects are quite common for first time vapers.

would bringing down the mg in your juice be the only way to do it? Or, could someone vape in a less condenced timeframe for example or turn down the voltage or something of the sort?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

People see me vaping and come up to me and say "I heard those things cause heavy metal deposits in your lungs over time" or something along those lines. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this or is it media blowing things out of proportion. Just curious if anyone is well educated on the topic.

• 7 months later...

I have been vaping 2 yrs and most if my side effects are in my mouth... Teeth hurt, gum BLEED bad, and I worry about it...but compared to the coughing wheezing outta breath smellin like smoke people treating ya like you got leoprosy...things are good. ZigZag the old rolling paper peeps...put out a ecig...works good and the liquid tastes better than any liquid I have tasted so far...not into flavors just want one that tastes kinda lime a smoke and that my friends is hard to find!!

• 3 weeks later...

I get heartburn from vaping but it seems to only be with menthol juices. I could be wrong as I do have gastritis and get heartburn very regularly so I may be noticing a connection that is not there.

My only other side effect if you will is I can taste things better and more intense then before, which would make sense If i smoked before I started vaping but I did not so it is kind unusual. 

• 2 months later...

I developed a sweet tooth since I started vaping...all the candy in my house is in constant danger of being eaten, and is causing arguments with my wife and kids..... hold on... is that a side effect ???? :D

Since I've been on ecig I've noticed my restless leg syndrome has all but gone away. No telling what else is repairing itself now that I'm not putting all that other cigarette cap in my body.