Question Regarding Vaping

Keshyngul

Background information: I am eighteen years of age and so it is perfectly legal for me to purchase tobacco products. Recently, I have been smoking cigars periodically. When I first started I was surprised at how much I enjoyed smoking cigars. However, being the paranoid person I am, I immediately was worried that I might over do it, or try cigarettes, etc. etc., and I really did not want to become addicted because of the various health risks.

So at this point I have only smoked cigars, but I am LOVING it. And honestly I would like to do it more often but I am reluctant to because of health risks.

As I am some one who is new to smoking and honestly would like to smoke more without the health risks, do you think vaping is right for me? I am finding it very appealing right now. Like I said, I have no interest in getting addicted, so I would be getting the nicotine free vapor. I am looking at this strictly as some one who enjoys the act and taste of smoking cigars.

I would like to get into smoking because of how much I enjoy it, but I want to do so in a healthy way if possible. Is nicotine free vaping right for me?

Thanks in advance for the replies. :)

I would try to avoid anything that could become addictive.Having said that ,vaping would be way better than the cigars or any other tobacco product for your health ,no one knows what the long term effects of vaping are but they are surely less damaging than tobacco.The act of vaping gives you something to do to redirect your mind set and help to relax or cope with a situation ,some of the liquids taste very good and make for a nice treat.

I would honestly say NO, don't start. Most of us here do it because we were so addicted to tobacco that we just couldn't quit even though it was killing us. The honest to god truth is...We have no idea what the results of our vaping is. Do we think it's safer than smoking 1 or 2 packs of cigs a day? We sure hope so, but we don't have any real idea of what the long term effects of PG / VG /Flavorings really are.

I know how it sounds and I never did listen but just don't smoke. Even with how great cigars are.....it's NOT a hobby. If you like them so much I think you would be better off smoking 1 or 2 a month IF YOU MUST instead of vaping.

Again this is all just my opinion. I wish you all the luck in the world and the best of health and smoking/vaping is not the way :)

I concur with the previous responses.

There's no way I would recommend vaping to anyone who was not a cigarette smoker, or to anyone who had successfully quit smoking.

Edited by SABOTEUR

Just learn to put down the cigars now before you get hooked. I know it sounds like a nice treat but it has more disadvantages than advantages. My grandfather smoked cigars regularly so I have an affection for the smell. But he did get lip cancer...who knows from what. I concur with the others. You are young and fortunate. Don't be an addict like me. It's not pretty.

I agree with the others. If you're not hooked, don't start. Since you have stated that you are paranoid about the health risks, you're looking at unknown health risks with vaping. We vape as an alternative to our tobacco addictions-we were already hooked, and vaping is better than smoking, but IMHO nothing would be even better(as far as health goes)