Joye Ego

johnyy

I bought the Aurora PV One (Refillable E-Cigarette Kit) and no complaints works like expected but the Joye eGo I bought from Vapor talk store works very slow and I have to suck a long time till my lungs can't suck anymore to get very little or lets say half of what I get from the Aurora. The Joye ego comes with two in a kit and one works better than the other but both are not as good as the Aurora. Do I have a bad kit or is this normal. The Joye eGo is now just an ornament on the shelf now....not happy.

I tried to boil the atomizer for 5 mins to see if that would help per advise I read on the forum but seemed even worse now. Don't know what to do. Also very hard to get air through the machine while sucking if that helps and I also put a new cartridge in to see if that would help but still hard to pass air through to suck efficiently. Thanks for any help at all...

The Aurora looks like a 510, so the performance should be similar except the eGo should give you much better battery life. I've notified Chris, so maybe he can help you out some more.

Are you using the carts, or direct dripping?

I looked up your order and see that you purchased your eGo back in January. Have you replaced the atomizers since then? The draw should be pretty easy. Atomizers are consumable and need to be replaced. If the draw is hard (this must be a recent thing) then chances are your atomizers need replaced. Cleaning them sometimes helps, but most of the time it isn't worth it. A single atomizer should last about 1 month give or take. I personally changed mine ever 2-3 weeks or so.

Keep in mind if you use low quality juice or very thick VG e Liquid you risk clogging the atomizer. Once this happens, there isn't to much you can do about it. In other instances the atomizer can just clog over time.

The model you purchased is a standard Joye Tech eGo. MANY people here on the forum (and other ecig forums) will attest to how well they work as well as their longevity :)

One more thing, you may want to try cleaning the threads on your battery as well. (A little bit of rubbing alcohol will do the trick)

I looked up your order and see that you purchased your eGo back in January. Have you replaced the atomizers since then? No I have not.

BTW before I start just want to thank-you for the help....

Actually I hardly use the ego because of the problems and the aurora I have had for a year and works great still with no atomizer replacements. And I use the aurora 80% of the time. So that doesn't sound good for the ego to replace an atomizer every two to three weeks compared to the aurora that's still going well for a whole year. When I first got the ego it was not as good as the aurora so maybe the ego is just not as good plain and simple. Also both the aurora and ego atomizers are the same size....weird.

I watched a video and the guy said to just drop a few drops right into the atomizer so I did that and maybe that's what caused the problem but I did that to the aurora too. Another video said not to do that...ahhhh confused.

This is starting to sound like I have money invested in the aurora or something but I don't. Here is something else I discovered the aurora gives a nice hit on my throat but the ego has a burning sensation when I drag it in. Not sure what that means or why it does that.

The draw should be pretty easy. Atomizers are consumable and need to be replaced. If the draw is hard (this must be a recent thing) then chances are your atomizers need replaced. Cleaning them sometimes helps, but most of the time it isn't worth it. A single atomizer should last about 1 month give or take. I personally changed mine ever 2-3 weeks or so.

Keep in mind if you use low quality juice or very thick VG e Liquid you risk clogging the atomizer. Once this happens, there isn't to much you can do about it. In other instances the atomizer can just clog over time.

The model you purchased is a standard Joye Tech eGo. MANY people here on the forum (and other ecig forums) will attest to how well they work as well as their longevity :)

One more thing, you may want to try cleaning the threads on your battery as well. (A little bit of rubbing alcohol will do the trick)

this did help!!! It is working better now but still burns my throat but not always and I am using your eliquid and I use your eliquid in the aurora too and no burning sensation from the Aurora at all actually very satisfying. Okay I guess I should try a couple of new atomizers and see if that is the problem. Could you recommend one for me and I will order it because there seems to be different ones and do not want to make a mistake. Maybe thats what the problem is

Thanks a lot for the help.

Perhaps leave the cone off ,They restrict airflow I gather.

I tried but it seems the same but after cleaning the threads it did improve. One more thing... the aurora gives a nice flavor where as the ego I am experiencing a foul smell kind of thing going on. I guess the better word would be it stinks so thats why I reach for the aurora all the time. I dunno maybe I got a bad ego batch but there are two to a box so they both can't be bad or highly unlikely.

The Aurora looks like a 510, so the performance should be similar except the eGo should give you much better battery life. I've notified Chris, so maybe he can help you out some more.

Are you using the carts, or direct dripping?

Direct dripping with your e liquid

Well the Aurora and the eGo use the same atomizers. In fact, you should be able to take the atomizer from your Aurora and put it right onto the eGo. The only difference is they charge a lot more. 27.00 for an atomizer..is insane.

If it has lasted a year, you must not vape to often. A Joye 510 atomizer (which is what the eGo uses) CAN last a year but only if you vaped very lightly. I vape about a ML of liquid per day. Many people vape much more and on higher voltage devices.

If the Aurora atomizer works better (though it should be the same) You may want to purchase a couple more and put them on your eGo instead. If you don't want to deal with dripping onto the atomizer then look into 510 cartomizers. Thats what I use personally these days :)

Well the Aurora and the eGo use the same atomizers. In fact, you should be able to take the atomizer from your Aurora and put it right onto the eGo. The only difference is they charge a lot more. 27.00 for an atomizer..is insane.

If it has lasted a year, you must not vape to often. A Joye 510 atomizer (which is what the eGo uses) CAN last a year but only if you vaped very lightly. I vape about a ML of liquid per day. Many people vape much more and on higher voltage devices.

If the Aurora atomizer works better (though it should be the same) You may want to purchase a couple more and put them on your eGo instead. If you don't want to deal with dripping onto the atomizer then look into 510 cartomizers. Thats what I use personally these days :)

Yes you are right I smoke and vape and I cut my smoking in half now and hopefully to quit status in the near future so I guess I would not be vapeing as much as others.

Oh boy more to learn... cartamizer I need to learn about that! So it is okay to drip right onto the atomizer then if I hear you correctly. I thought it was wrong so I always drip into the end piece with the white which looks like cotton inside it.

I feel I am wearing out my welcome but can I just drip right on the atomizer then? and how many drips are allowed?

I would like to ask one more question is the Joye 510 Extreme Atomizer (LR) better... more vape comes out of it?

Thanks and I know I am a pain so thanks for your help.

Yes you are right I smoke and vape and I cut my smoking in half now and hopefully to quit status in the near future so I guess I would not be vapeing as much as others.

Oh boy more to learn... cartamizer I need to learn about that! So it is okay to drip right onto the atomizer then if I hear you correctly. I thought it was wrong so I always drip into the end piece with the white which looks like cotton inside it.

I feel I am wearing out my welcome but can I just drip right on the atomizer then? and how many drips are allowed?

I would like to ask one more question is the Joye 510 Extreme Atomizer (LR) better... more vape comes out of it?

cartomizers

Thanks and I know I am a pain so thanks for your help.

Hi, I just watched a video about the 510 cartimizors and I like that. Easier to use but out of stock. Any idea when they will be in and ready to order?

Direct dripping with your e liquid

oops I guess I didn't understand the question. No I do not direct drip I drip into the cart only with the white cotton looking stuff inside. Okay I am getting it now... you can drip right onto the atomizer. hmmm a video I watched said not to do that it wrecks the atomizer with too much liquid. Okay I will try direct dripping and see how that works. I guess you are thinking idiot by now but oh well I'm learning. :)

You are never over welcoming your visit! :lol: By all means ask away :)

No I don't think you should get the LR. It's MUCH hotter. Especially if the current 510 is burning your throat. As for cartomizers it'll be a little while until we're in stock due to some legal issues. But Vapor Galaxy sells the same cartomizers we do. (Small supplier but great service)

You can also check Forever Vapor which is our sister store :)

There is a learning curve for dripping, so don't give up. If you're dripping on the cart filler, it's probably getting absorbed by the filler and never getting to the atty. The burning throat sensation is usually a sign that the atty is dry. Try removing the filler from the cart and dripping 2-3 drops directly onto the atty. 2-3 drops should get you several good hits.

You guys have been great and thanks for your patience.

I have been putting more time into learning this stuff and I think I am catching on now. I didn’t know the atomizers died so that’s why I was comparing the two but since the ego sits a long time with liquid in it, it probably is drying out a bit making the atomizer work a lot harder thus I am ruining it but that’s only a guess and this probably means operator error rather than the ego being at any fault.

Anyways I better get me some cartamizors and use maybe just two e cigs at a time rather than four and I will probably have better success with it.

Legal issues- wow we get something that really helps us to quit smoking and they whoever they are, try to pull the plug on us. I swear sometimes I just do not know which way this bloody earth is spinning. You tell us its bad to smoke then we get this marvelous tool to help us and now this crap. AHHHH…. pulling my hair out. I just don’t get it.

Anyways thanks for all your help I appreciate it.

There is a learning curve for dripping, so don't give up. If you're dripping on the cart filler, it's probably getting absorbed by the filler and never getting to the atty. The burning throat sensation is usually a sign that the atty is dry. Try removing the filler from the cart and dripping 2-3 drops directly onto the atty. 2-3 drops should get you several good hits.

thanks... will do.