Air Travel With E-Cigs

vwstuart

I will be flying next week for a work trip. I don't intend to use my e-cig on the plane, but, can you HAVE them on a plane. It would be VERY nice to be able to take it in my carry on bag, so I would have fast access once the plane lands. If anyone has first had info, please let me know. Also, I have read on the TSA website, that you can take up to three ounces of liquid in your carry on bag. Has anyone been through the TSA security screening with a few small bottles of ejuice? What will the TSA folks think when they see a bunch of little bottle of liquid, with nothing more than a hand written sticker indication what the bottle contains?

Thanks in advance,

Hi there, You didn't say were your flying, but I have had NO problems flying. I put my juice in baggies like they want liquids to be. And put my eGo through the scanner with out a hitch. If you see them checking it out on the monitor just tell them what it is. They are aware of ecigs now and won't hassle you at all.

I also stealth vaped in the airport and on the plane, however they DO NOT want you to do it on the plane so it's at your own risk kind of thing. Good luck, don't stress, bring back ups and have fun!

I have been through security countless times with my e-cig supplies and never have I even been questioned about what is that. Mind you I say this with some surprise myself since I have bottom feeder devices with a bottle of juice, a big ol battery(ies) one is wood and one is metal. I leave the batteries in the device and take the bottle out, I cap it and put it with several other bottles and truth be told I do not put them in with my other one quart zip top bag with my toiletries and still have not had a problem. In other words I have one personal bag and one juice bag and still no issues (if pressed too, I can fit the juice bag in the other bag to fully comply if needed).

You should have no problem - just one tip, be sure any bottles are tightly closed with carry on bags as the changes in cabin pressure can cause a loosely closed bottle to leak and thats not pleasant.

p.s. Not that I HAVE or anything but it one were to vape lightly in the restroom, and hold the vapor and then gently exhale into a tissue one could easily vape on a longer flight.

Edited by ripple

I have flown many times without any problem. I do put my liquids in my quart baggie (some labeled, some not) and never had any questions. same goes for my hardware. Last time I flew, it was mostly ego equipment. I don't keep everything in one place, (just in case), but I do keep most of it, including chargers etc, in with any electrical stuff I am carrying. I always have at least one assembled and ready to use.

I am one of those non-compliant individuals that will vape in the restroom while on a long flight---7 hours is just too long for me baby.gif and if I can, I have been known to stealth vape in my seat...easiest when I am flying with my kids ( 19 and 22), they are good at providing cover.

I just went through TSA screening twice with a bag(OK its a murse) full of PVs and juice. I did alot of reading of TSA rules before I tried it. TSAs website says batteries should be on your carry on and not in your checked bag.

I had my quart bag full of juice. I took the batteries out of my mods and put them in small baggys. I have a eGo pouch with two eGo batteries, 10 cartos and 5 attys. I took a Prodigy, Don, and a Tekk mod.

Although I got through OK, both times the screener looked at my bag for a bit longer than other bags.

I am back home now. There were NO problem at all with the TSA security folks. Just make sure your carry on juice follows their 3-1-1 rule. I had several bottles of juice in my carry on bag. I had an analog looking ecig in my pocket. No problems at all. The TSA guy asked me if I traveled a lot, and said no, I just read the TSA website for liquid carry on rules. He seemed impressed. Everything went into the xray, and nothing was said.

I noticed in the Delta in-flight magazine, they was a rules section. In the part about no smoking on Delta flights, they made specific mention that e-cigs and e-pipes were NOT allowed.

Take care all you travelers, and have a great flight.

if you can sail thru airport security with some of those rocket-launcher-looking mods i've seen pics of, someone's slacking off & i'm scared..lol! and omg, this is something i hadn't thought of as a new vaper... i already struggle with one baggie crammed with tiny amounts of shampoo/conditioner/toothpaste/lotion/sunscreeen- 100 mls of shampoo & conditioner doesn't last 3 days for long hair {whine complain}. now i'll have to choose between dirty hair & my ejuice?? arrggghhh!!

let's see, you ~can~ carry on more than 100 mls of "life-sustaining liquids"... maybe that's the ticket. :harhar: