Hello - New Member With A 510 Battery Question

soso

Hi everybody,

I'm a new member / new vaper and just found this site today. I normally lurk for a while before jumping into forum conversation but some of the things I've read have prompted a question that I should probably get cleared up right away.

First a little about me:

I started vaping over the weekend. I'd smoked cigs since I was 15 (I'm 29 now) but quit about two years ago. Since that time I sort of re-picked-up a cigarillo habit (we're talking the $2.50/pack gas station stuff) which has become more-and-more of a habit over time. I'm not back to the amount of cigarettes I used to smoke, or even close, but I can only imagine the filtered cigarillos are even worse for me than my old Camels were. I've started vaping because, if I'm going to be "smoking" something, it might as well be something that's not going to give me emphysema and cancer by age 55.

The guy I spoke to at the Vapor Shop recommended that I start with the standard joye 510 starter kit with the two attys, two manual batteries, wall charger, and 5 pre-filled carts. I've already replaced the fill in one cart and am using the 555 36ml juice I bought from the shop (which is pretty good, and that's coming from a cigar smoker). No mods yet, but I'm loving the amount of vapor I'm getting so far and with the two batts I'm not feeling any pain from the battery life.

And here (finally) comes my question.

Am I at risk of damaging my battery by leaving it in the charger beyond the point that it's fully charged? Like overnight, or plugged in all day while I am at work (with my other batt)? I'd hate to think I'm damaging 1/2 my batteries right now as I sit here!'

Thanks for any help - this seems like a great forum and it's already in my faves list.

-soso

Welcome !!! Glad to have you with us.

thumbsup.gif

Your battery will good on the charger, won't damage your battery. I tend to leave mine on over night and have never had a problem.

This really is a great a place to hang out and share information

Kitsune - thank you! I appreciate the fast response! I can already feel myself relaxing.

I have to say, the wealth of information here is almost mind-boggling.

I do fear that I'm forming a very crutch-tastic relationship with my PV already... I imagine that's pretty common.

LOL ... I often fall asleep with my PV in hand, then have to search the bed for it in the morning :) and I vape all day, stealth vaping has become my new hobby :)

Kitsune - thank you! I appreciate the fast response! I can already feel myself relaxing.

I have to say, the wealth of information here is almost mind-boggling.

I do fear that I'm forming a very crutch-tastic relationship with my PV already... I imagine that's pretty common.

I was smoking a little less than a pack a day when I started vaping. Now, I too vape constantly. especially now that I have this eGo passthrough. I always have power so I'm always vaping. and when i'm not near a computer I have my eGo, and a 510 with me just in case. atleast we're not chain smoking nasty cigarettes. that would be grounds for concern. I also have fallen asleep with mine in hand, and it's the first thing I look for when I wake up. I also have a wife who quit smoking 5 years ago, and a four year old daughter, so not having to go outside anymore to get my nic fix sold me. Happy vaping.

Man

I have to say

The vaping really seems like the perfect addiction.

I'm sitting here with a fresh batt in hand... after wiping one out during band practice (I'll take both next time). I'm finishing off the dripped cart before bed. The rest of the band (all smokers) are jealous of my wondrous puffs of beauty in the jam room, which is smoke free.

I'll bet I have at least one convert on my watch by the end of the month.

The best part? My wife doesn't give me a hard time over vaping. She truly has my best interests at heart, but it's nice to be able to get a few puffs while we're watching TV or playing video games, guilt free.

The next step is making my coworkers comfortable with it so I don't have to go outside the office to vape.

Very glad you are enjoying vaping. It really is a life changing experience !!!

My husband and kids love the fact that I no longer stink of smoke.

I love being able to vape where ever and when ever I want. stealth vaping is miraculous.

Your batteries will be fine, you do not run the risk of overcharging and thus damaging. As a general rule of thumb, if I walk past and its charged I do remove it, but I do not plan my days or nights around watching the charger.

Welcome and enjoy the vape!