Diy Measuring Instruments And Cleanliness

I wanted to post this in the DIY section, but I found that I'm not allowed there yet! Guess I'll have to wait till I grow up :).

I've been starting out with DIY'ing using the little kit I got from onestopdiyshop.com, and I was wondering how you DIY pros keep all your measuring stuff clean. I've mostly been using 1ml and 5ml pipettes. Mixing juice requires at least four pipettes if I want to keep it all separate (PG, VG, nic, flavor) - more if I'm mixing several flavors. Do you just buy a whole lot of pipettes and only use them once? Label each one and have a different pipette for each flavor? Clean them out between uses? I've tried pumping distilled water through them, which seems to work OK, but I was wondering if anyone had a neater solution.

Your tips most appreciated!

If you only have a few flavors, you can wash them out with soap, and maybe rinse in pure grain alcohol after... Just keep them for a specific flavor and it shouldn't be a problem.

There are some cool mini test tube brushes to clean glass pipettes, they should work for plastic as well.

Or get some glass pipettes

:)

I don't usually worry about the PG, VG and Nic, so I start with those first. Using one pipette, I add my nic, then any pg/vg I want, then my flavor. I'll use another pipette if I'm using more than one flavor. :) I usually just use hot water to clean mine. Just suck up some hot tap water several times and let them dry.

I'm like Brian. Just clean then out with hot water in between uses. The PG/VG/unflavored nic, I don't worry so much about coming into contact with each other. Just try to keep my flavors separated.

I use 1ml syringes with a blunt tip needle. sometimes I will just use hot water to rinse out between flavors.

Merry mixing !!!thumbsup.gif

Thanks everybody. Guess I'm being a little too OCD about mixing fluids.

On the subject of equipment, does anyone have a recommendation for a good tackle box-like thing to keep all my pipettes, flavors, etc? It's a little unwieldy keeping them in a cardboard box!

I'm like Brian. Just clean then out with hot water in between uses. The PG/VG/unflavored nic, I don't worry so much about coming into contact with each other. Just try to keep my flavors separated.

I use 1ml syringes with a blunt tip needle. sometimes I will just use hot water to rinse out between flavors.

Merry mixing !!!thumbsup.gif

I bought a nice hard plastic, medium sized tackle box from walmart that works very nicely. However, I have since outgrown it and have things in all sorts of places. time to get another tackle box.....(or 2)