So I Got My Ego, Now I Need Stuff For It

Greetings

So, got my eGo (regular, not the eGo-T), and one of the 2 atomizers that came with it is already dead (tastes like an electrical tire fire), probably my fault, got a little enthusiastic with the air compressor, anywho, i need new atomizers, and cartomizers, and clearomizers, and tankonators, and spherincizors, and triangulizers, etc... the problem i'm running into, is that nothing seems to be made specifically for the eGo, there's plenty of 510 stuff, and plenty of eGo-T stuff, but basically nothing for the eGo... I figured out after about half an hour of digging that the boge 510 cartomizers work with the eGo, so i got a couple of those, sadly, i didn't know what low resistance meant until after i ordered them, so i got the standard resistance ones, and they're a bit like a macdonalds shake, tons of sucking for a tiny amount of result. So i can order boge 510 cartomizers.. good! but what about atomizers? will 510 atomizers work with my eGo the same way? what about the eGo-T atomizers? can i use those? and can i use any of the tank systems available?

One would think that the websites that sell this stuff would give a simple-enough explanation as to what plugs into what, but sadly, that's often not the case, puresmoker.com gives absolutely no information whatsoever on any of their products, dfwvapor only has cartomizers, the vaportalk store is out of stock on everything, and goodprophets gives so much disorganized info that i ended up ordering a 510-t tank atomizer and a pack of ego-t tank cartridges for it and i have no idea whether the two will even work together, or at all with my eGo, i wish someone would make a spreadsheet that shows what will work with what, physically, mechanically, and electrically.

Can anyone make the madness less maddening?

Jon

Anything 510 will work, regular attys, lr attys, ego tank attys, 306 regular and lr attys. Ideal, ego with 510 or 306 lr atty, drip tip and a bottle of juice. ego tank to use when out and about. It can be that simple until you feel comfortable in the vaping world. It's all trial and error. You don't have to have an ego tank battery to use an ego tank atty you can use your ego battery. Hope this helps a little. THere will be others along to give you more information. Good luck.

It can be confusing, Let me see if I can help at all. Basically all 510 cartomizers and atomizers will fit on the ego. Whether they are LR or standard resistance. Now sadly with the tank atty's and carts there is a difference there are 510 tank atomizers and there are ego tank atomizers , sadly the 510 tank atomizer does not fit on the eGO nor do the 510 tank carts. Sounds like you ordered the wrong tank atomizer, so contact them and ask them for the ego tank atomizer and I would suggest the LR version, in stead of the 510 tank atomizer, this will work with the carts you ordered and you should be set. :)

http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=206&categoryId=46

that's the "510-T tank atomizer for joye 510 or ego" that i ordered

http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=184&categoryId=46

and that's the tanks i ordered, "Empty Cartridges for eGo-T TANK"

looks like the atomizer will work, but the cartridge might not work with the atomizer (you'd think they could put a link to the right tanks on the page for the atomizer) :wallbash:

When i'm at home, i like direct dripping, and that's easy enough, i'll just buy 510 lr atomizers and buy one of each of the 12 different types of drip tips, and hope at least one of them works (using the cartridges that came with the ego now, but without the filler).

I'm wanting to try out a tank system for when i'm driving, because cartomizers will be fine once i decide on 2 or 3 liquids i like, but it's a pain to have to clean them over and over again to try new liquids while on the go. It would seem that atomizers would be better for trying different liquids, and out of the 11 liquids i've tried, i've only liked 3, so i've cleaned all 5 of my cartomizers twice, and my atomizers like 4 times each (was tinkering with glycerin to try and calm down the 4 different vaportalk juices i got, turns out there's just something in those that disagrees with my tastebuds)

Thanks for the info

Jon

I gave you a plus one just because your username is awesome :lol:

Those are indeed incorrect. While most 510 atomizer/items will work on the eGo the 510 tank is the exception. It's not really meant for the eGo. You CAN use it but you'll need to remove the cone. Regardless you purchased the eGo tank cartridges but the 510 Tank atomizer. If your order has not yet shipped I would contact them and ask that they change the atomizer to an eGo tank atomizer instead. It looks like this:

Ego-t-tank-Atomizer__86696_zoom.jpg

You'll notice it looks like the eGo cone. That's the easiest way to tell if it's correct or not.

lol, thanks

the order shipped probably monday, so it's too late to cancel or change, i think what i'll do is order the "ego-t tank atomizer for joye ego", and the "empty cartridges for 510-t tank", that way i'll have 2 atomizers and 10 tank cartridges that'll hopefully work.... if not, i'll give them to somebody on the forums, along with all the liquid i didn't like and chalk it up to a learning experience (just like not using my air compressor gun to blow the water out of my atomizer after cleaning it). The irritating thing about starting out on the vaping adventure is that if you wanna try a lot of different flavors, you have to do a hell of a lot of cleaning (or buy a silly amount of cartos or attys).

it does appear, however, due to the wording that good prophets uses, that the atomizers i've ordered or are about to order, are the same as the ones for different ecigs, but modified to work with the eGo, so here's hoping.

Thanks

Jon

lol, thanks

the order shipped probably monday, so it's too late to cancel or change, i think what i'll do is order the "ego-t tank atomizer for joye ego", and the "empty cartridges for 510-t tank", that way i'll have 2 atomizers and 10 tank cartridges that'll hopefully work.... if not, i'll give them to somebody on the forums, along with all the liquid i didn't like and chalk it up to a learning experience (just like not using my air compressor gun to blow the water out of my atomizer after cleaning it). The irritating thing about starting out on the vaping adventure is that if you wanna try a lot of different flavors, you have to do a hell of a lot of cleaning (or buy a silly amount of cartos or attys).

it does appear, however, due to the wording that good prophets uses, that the atomizers i've ordered or are about to order, are the same as the ones for different ecigs, but modified to work with the eGo, so here's hoping.

Thanks

Hehe, you sound like me :) I don't know if i should order go carts, attywhateverthefeks, flippidy flops or just go ahead and start shooting heroin :)

I did order a starter kit with some "juice" and hope I can figure all this crap out:)

Jon

just got my ego tank today. switched from blu, which didnt have anything i was looking for (throat hit, flavor, vapor production). The ego is beating that thing hands down. I wanna get some LR attys to get that vapor production even higher!! The ego is giving me so much more nicotine delivery its amazing!!!

just got my ego tank today. switched from blu, which didnt have anything i was looking for (throat hit, flavor, vapor production). The ego is beating that thing hands down. I wanna get some LR attys to get that vapor production even higher!! The ego is giving me so much more nicotine delivery its amazing!!!

+1 The eGo really is an awesome device :)

yeah, i had the blu also, sent back, hopefully getting a refund won't be too big of a deal. The one thing i will say in blu's favor though, is that the flavors (all 3 of them -menthol) are quite good, it's a lot harder in the ego world since there's a million different flavors to choose from. i've tried 11 and i only really like 2 so far, just got a 23-pack of samples to try, hopefully a couple more go-to flavors in there

Jon

sounds like you are getting things figured out. It really is confusing with so many pieces and part. You should be good if you order the 510 T carts and eGo T atomizer. The 510 T can be used on the eGo. The tank carts however are not interchangeable.

I promise it will all begin to make sense !!!

As you have found out -- The eGo is compatible with 510 atomizers, cartomizers and Tanks (can't fit the cone over the 510 T--have to use without the cone)

It was much easier when I started--only a few options available--made shopping much less confusing.

sounds like you are getting things figured out. It really is confusing with so many pieces and part. You should be good if you order the 510 T carts and eGo T atomizer. The 510 T can be used on the eGo. The tank carts however are not interchangeable.

I promise it will all begin to make sense !!!

As you have found out -- The eGo is compatible with 510 atomizers, cartomizers and Tanks (can't fit the cone over the 510 T--have to use without the cone)

It was much easier when I started--only a few options available--made shopping much less confusing.

lol, i believe it, i just hope i don't have to change liquid strengths once i start using the low resistance stuff

You should be ok with your liquid strength. I use the same strength with standard and LR. I just find I take a shorter draw with the LR's. All about trial and error and then one day you will find the sweet spot and vaping is bliss. icecream.gif