Lifespan Of An Atty

Hello everyone,

I been vaping for almost three months. When I made my original purchase I ordered some 510LR atomizers with my 900mah ego mega. Lately it seems like I am not getting the vapor production that I was when I first started. Do the atomizers die out before completely ceasing to function? I know the VG and PG seem to have a completely different amount of vapor, but I am fairly sure this is not the case as I have used both and neither seem to be getting the job done as well anymore. I also notice that the operation time on a full charge is decreasing rather rapidly. Has anyone else experienced either of these problems? I would love to hear from some of you ol'school vapors regarding how many batteries you have bought say in a years time.

PS. All my vapor purchases have been made through VT as I think this is a GREAT community so I have ruled out different juices as the problem.

Thanks in advance

Michael

Sometimes attys will just stop working (no warning), and sometimes they will stop performing well (before they die). For me, most of the time they just stop, but I've had a few that went down hill and I just stopped using them because there were performing poorly.

I use a mod, so not sure about the life of the eGo battery. I suspect you'd get 4-6 months on average.

Like Brian said--sometimes they just seem to stop performing well before they die.

For me, I usually just remove any excess liquid by pushing the corner of a kleenex into the open end of the atty and let it sit over night. I check the atty with a multimeter and if the reading is still viable 1.7-2.4 (depending on the atty).

if the reading is still good I just put it aside for a rest well earned and put it back into use when I need to 'rest' another atty.

over all atties are disposable, they can last a couple weeks or a few months.

Batteries usually last several months depending on amount of use. For me I usually have 4 batteries I cycle through (no particular order)

My eGo batteries seem to be losing power also, after a couple of months. Might be because I'm a chain vaper. If I ever smoked analogs this much I'd be long dead. :wub:

Edited by johns

The atties will carbon up after a while and although the element is still good it will not heat the liquid up as good as it used to.Time to try some of the cleaning tchniques in the forums.The length of time it takes to happen varies depending onthe kind and brand of liquids you use.I have had some liquids that ruined an atty in a day.

I have 2 eGo batteries and 2 rivas.. eGo's are older and dont last quite as long as they used to (got them used) Overall they all work fine going on 5 months.. Make sure you clean out the threads regularly and the charger as well. Juice will acumulate down in there and they wont charge the batteries properly... I use a cue-tip with a bit of rubbing alcahol on it and clean them out real good every so often.