My Viper Stopped Working...

I've had a Viper from Vaprlife for about 6 months or so and it's been fantastic...until recently. Now in order for it to work, I have to unscrew the carto/atty little by little until the light comes on and then at a certain point (when the atty is loose) it starts vaping. If the carto/atty is screwed in all the way, nothing happens when the button is pushed, the light won't even come on. At first I thought it was the atty I was using, but now I've tried multiple attys/cartos and it does the same thing. With some cartos, I can screw them all the way down and the light will come on when I push the button, but it won't vape...

Any ideas??

Not sure this will help, but you can try lifting the center pin. With a small screwdriver (or anything that will fit between the center pin and the edge of the atty connector), gently pry the center pin. Work your way around it, but just do it gently. I had to do this with my Joker and my SB from time to time.

Not sure this will help, but you can try lifting the center pin. With a small screwdriver (or anything that will fit between the center pin and the edge of the atty connector), gently pry the center pin. Work your way around it, but just do it gently. I had to do this with my Joker and my SB from time to time.

Thanks for the reply. The center pin is the circular piece just inside the connector??

Yep, that 'oh so common center pin issue' we have all experienced if we've owned Vaperlife units! I had the same problems with my VP2 and VPPT from them... was always having to pry up that damn center pin so it would make contact. Got tired of that real quick... now my VPPT just sits collecting dust.

Yes ROOK... the inner circular part of that connector, I used a pair of really pointy tweezers and just worked around the entire post gently prying up a bit on it.... gently. Could also use a eyeglass screwdriver as well. :thumbup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

The only problem is that once it gets to that point and you have to start prying it up all the time... it will never be the same again. You will forever be prying that post up to make contact... just how those particular atty connectors suck. :wallbash:

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the info. I'll try working on the center pin and see if I can get it working again.

Also make sure that the connector is clean of all juice. If that doesn't help and you have access to a soldering iron, a drop of solder on the center pin will keep you from having to constantly pull it up.