Just A Couple Of Questions……………..

jonebusa

I’m a noob and have an ego-T which I am very happy with so far.

Was a smoker of Doral lights for many years and am a little confused (well ………..I’m always confused :-}) as to the harshness of Vaping as opposed to the Doral analog. I’m using unsmoke and they seem like a pretty good vender and I’m using the 75pg/25vg. I got a couple samples, and bought 555 and banana milkshake.

Q# 1- Are the majority of eliquids out there this strong and is there a way to tone them down, as in just mixing with unflavored juice?

Q#2- Is 75pg/25vg the best combo for the ego-T?

Q#3 (Okay, I know I said just a couple:-0) having the ego-T Kit, what would be the best cart be to start dripping, and what % of juice would you recommend for that as well?

Thanks in advance for your advice and support

What strength eliquid did you get? The throat hit you get is primarily a factor of the nic level of the eliquid. Also, VG tends to soften the throat hit. You can add Propylene Glycol PG) or Vegetable Glycerin (VG) to reduce the nic level, but it will also reduce the flavor.

For the tanks, I'm using an 80/20 mix and it's working pretty good. I'd say the thinner the juice, the better it will work, so less VG will be better.

I don't know that you can drip with the tank atty. I haven't tried and not sure it will work any better than using the tank on it. If you want to try direct dripping, I would pick up some regular Joye 510 attys (or some Low Resistance 510 attys) and a drip tip.

For dripping you cant beat a Joye 306 atty.You can tone down the flavor with VG from the drugstore or unflavored niquid.Dekang liquids seem to have the right amount of flavor for me.And they are more consistant than domestic has been.

you can drip with the tank atty--I am a drip aholic....

With the tank atty, I just drip one drop to the atty and put the tank cart back into place. This I only do occasionally when it seems to need a bit of a kick.

For my routine dripping, I use my ego battery (the ego T battery is the same), 510 LR atty (standard 510 atty's work too).

does sound like you need to decrease the nicotine strength. Our walmart pharmacy sells Humco skin protectant that is VG. Don't let the skin protectant throw you--Glycerin is used for thousands of things. You can also try Wiltons food grade glycerin- Many craft stores carry this in the cake decorating isle. It will decrease your flavor, depending on how much you dilute your liquid.

you can drip with the tank atty--I am a drip aholic....

With the tank atty, I just drip one drop to the atty and put the tank cart back into place. This I only do occasionally when it seems to need a bit of a kick.

For my routine dripping, I use my ego battery (the ego T battery is the same), 510 LR atty (standard 510 atty's work too).

does sound like you need to decrease the nicotine strength. Our walmart pharmacy sells Humco skin protectant that is VG. Don't let the skin protectant throw you--Glycerin is used for thousands of things. You can also try Wiltons food grade glycerin- Many craft stores carry this in the cake decorating isle. It will decrease your flavor, depending on how much you dilute your liquid.

Thanks Kitsune,

If I'm understanding you right, the harshness I'm getting as opposed to a light anolag cigerett is due the nic level in the juice?

Thanks again

Jonathan

Brian,

Can you use only pg with the e-go T

Jonathan

I'm using a mix of 80% PG, 20% VG and it works well. My wife has been using 100% VG and it's been working well for her too, but she doesn't vape as heavily as I do. I suspect if she vaped more she would have wicking issues. The 100% VG she uses appears to have been thinned a little. I have tried other 100% VG juice that is far to thick and would not wick at all. I made some 50/50 mix for my wife and it is working good also. I vaped on it for a while myself and didn't have any issues. In general, I would say 100% VG is not advised especially if you are a heavy vaper.

Nicotine level is usually the cause of harshness. The amount of nicotine mg/ml doesn't always correspond to the amount you smoked. Its more about what works best for each individual. The only way to figure that part out is trial and error.

sometimes new atomizers have a harsh primer that is applied to keep the heating element from drying out during shipping (at least thats my guess as to why the nasty primer is present). If its primer causing the harshness, its usually associated with a pretty nasty taste.

Nicotine level is usually the cause of harshness. The amount of nicotine mg/ml doesn't always correspond to the amount you smoked. Its more about what works best for each individual. The only way to figure that part out is trial and error.

sometimes new atomizers have a harsh primer that is applied to keep the heating element from drying out during shipping (at least thats my guess as to why the nasty primer is present). If its primer causing the harshness, its usually associated with a pretty nasty taste.

Kitsune,

I once was blind but now I see!

Thanks for your reply, I've had it for over 5 days and I think the primer yuck part is over. I did draw on it once on a empty cart and hoooeeee was that nasty with a capital N, won’t do that again  I guess I’ll just have to back off the nic level if that’s the case, maybe do a little DIY.

Thanks again,

Vape and have fun!

Jonathan

Kitsune,

I once was blind but now I see!

Thanks for your reply, I've had it for over 5 days and I think the primer yuck part is over. I did draw on it once on a empty cart and hoooeeee was that nasty with a capital N, won’t do that again  I guess I’ll just have to back off the nic level if that’s the case, maybe do a little DIY.

Thanks again,

Vape and have fun!

Jonathan

I honestly think that this is the main reason that new users complain of a 'horribly harsh hit' and that they started coughing and hacking their lungs up. So often times it is that they are using the standard battery/cartridge delivery method... and we all know that those things will dry up super fast and give you a nasty/harsh hit! A lot of times that people complain about this it is simply the cart drying up on them. Once they switch to 'direct dripping' or use a cartomizer the problem amazingly goes away. This is just something I have noticed happening to many people... and I also recalled from my n00b days when I first started vaping that it happened to me as well! Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Just a note about harshness. With the tank attys, its also possible that your wick isn't getting juice to the coil properly. This can also result in a "harsh" burning of the throat. If that's a possibility in your case, try switching the atty and see if the harshness goes away. I had one of my 2 original attys that was like that and it killed my throat until I figured out what was wrong. I haven't had the problem with any subsequent attys I've ordered, including the LR ones (which give much better flavor and vapor, btw).

The tank isn't noted for much throat hit, so if its a problem, I'd be more inclined to suspect faulty wick. Just a thought.