Drug Interactions And Vaping

MollyG

I'm completely new to this and I just ordered a RN4081 from aquavapor.com. Of course, I didn't read the legal notice that I agreed to. I'm under the impression that a. no one reads the legal notice and b. someday Bill Gates is going to come and take all the children away because of this.

So I decided to take a peak after I ordered and found this:

Our products are intended for use by persons of legal smoking age, not by nonsmokers, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, those who are sensitive to nicotine, or persons with or at risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, or taking medicine for depression or asthma.

I take depression medication, but I also ordered liquid with 0 nicotine. I'm assuming that it's okay, but can anyone reassure me of this?

Thanks!

Edited by MollyG

Someone I'm sure WILL correct me, but I believe the warnings are new, and inforced to get the items through customs. None of the products have been approved by the FDA, nor are they getting their cut from the profits, so they are trying to scare those of us still willing to use them. They also seem like fairly normal blanket drug warnings.

No, no one can reassure you of the safety, The FDA has not done testing to see if there are any real drug interactions. However, MY body is telling me that I'm healthier now than when I was smoking. I haven't droped dead or overdosed, I'm still taking my normal prescriptions with no abnorma effects or problems. I think you have to decide for yourself the level of risk your willing to take compared to smoking. For me its a NO brainer. 4000 chemicals or 4. I'm healthier, period.

First off, I am not a doctor. I can tell you however that I know someone who is on antidepressants and has been vaping over a year with no problems. As always I suggest you talk with your doctor if you have questions.

Thanks. That's what I wanted to know. I do find it interesting how e-cigs are controversial in that they don't make the government money. In the last few days, I've learned so much about PG that I could become a chemist, but just with that one chemical. So you can imagine the panic when I read this.

By the way, time literally stops between when you order your first e-cig and when it arrives, doesn't it? :wacko:

I think this is to get this through customs which has already been said. When I get packages now, it just says "liquid" which could be about anything. If you need some sort of warning, just look at the effects that might be caused by Chantix. that scares the whoha out of me. There would have to be a lot of side effects to cause me to quit vaping. It is the "ONLY" (shouting from the rooftops) that I have used that has caused me to stop smoking cigarettes. The only thing I have not used is Chantix. Vaping is not a cessation device, it is an alternative.

Hey Molly, Waiting is the absolutely the worst part of vaping !!! I am 2 years in and still hate waiting !!

Like everything else in life, the list of warnings is very, very, very long.

For me, I will take vaping over smoking as far as chemicals and side effects. I would talk to your doctor at some point or even your pharmasist.

The fun has begun. I knew that you were suppose to drink water when you vape, I didn't realize just how dehydrated you get. Of course, the second I opened my RD4081, I puffed on it for an hour straight and inadvertently gave myself an instant hangover. :rofl:

• 1 month later...

My NP's opinion is that smoking is much worse. She has no problems whatsoever with ecigs. My only side effects have been staying hydrated and no more shortness of breath. Oh and the fact that I'm seriously addicted to new flavors and every new toy out there.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm completely new to this and I just ordered a RN4081 from aquavapor.com. Of course, I didn't read the legal notice that I agreed to. I'm under the impression that a. no one reads the legal notice and b. someday Bill Gates is going to come and take all the children away because of this.

So I decided to take a peak after I ordered and found this:

Our products are intended for use by persons of legal smoking age, not by nonsmokers, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, those who are sensitive to nicotine, or persons with or at risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, or taking medicine for depression or asthma.

I take depression medication, but I also ordered liquid with 0 nicotine. I'm assuming that it's okay, but can anyone reassure me of this?

Thanks!

I also take meds for depression and I'm bi-polar. I haven't noticed any ill effects and I'm also vaping 0mg. :thumbsup:

Cherie

• 1 year later...

personally i would say the antidepressants are doing alot more harm to you than any ecigs ever could . i guess as long as its only an ecig and no an assault riffle you will be fine . yes i am a smart *** and sorry but i dont believe in antidepressants ... and or how crazy they are to give them out . i will say i have only started vaping a few months ago ( bought my starter for xmas) and now i know what my lids are saying about how the ashtrays stink .. at 44 years old i dont think even as a kid i ever noticed how badly an ashtray can just stink ( my parents were heavy smokers) .so i would have to say the ecigs are doing some good fro me anyway i guess i now have a sense of smell .. that cant hurt

• 2 weeks later...

I take effexor to help me sleep and started vaping a month ago, so far no issues here. My husband (who has COPD) and uses inhalers and takes chantix has finally started vaping and he's sleeping much better at night, in fact I think he's waking up in the middle of the night less having fewer coughing fits.