Newbie Who Needs Help Picking Out An Ecig

NocturneKing

I am new to this site have only been a member for a short while and am thinking about purchasing an e cig kit at the beginning of next month..I have tried ecigs before with a Volcano standard kit which worked for awhile and then fizzled out on me..I want to give this another shot with a different ecig but do not know which one is worth my time and money,I would appreciate it if the members of this site could help me with suggestions as to which e cigs they think are good in producing good vapor and a good throat hit...Thank you

Welcome to the forum NocturneKing, glad to see you here. We all have a favorite e-cig (pv) but I use an eGo. It doesn't look like a cigarette but it fits well in your hand. It has great battrey life and if you buy the eGo kit you get two batteries and you can be vaping one and charging the other and continue the cycle. All types of atomizers fit the eGO. It comes with a 510 atomizer and it is a good atomizer, you can use eGo mega attys on it, which comes with a cartridge and mega atomizer and you just fill the cartridge with lots of juice and you are set to go. There is also a tank atty that you can buy and it has a tank that you can fill with e-liquid and vape away for hours. So your choice is limitless, so to speak. I think that they have all these in eGo kits, I know they have the 510s and tanks in kits. There are also lr attys that give you a good throat hit and greater vaper. It gives you the feeling you are vaping a higher voltage pv when it is only a 3.7 (If you get the eGo) It all comes down to your personal preference. I know it sounds very confusing now but you will be a pro in no time. But you will have questions and that is why were are here on the forum to answer your questions. If there is a questions one person can't answer your question just wait awhile and someone will come along with the answer you need. Hope this helps you a bit.

Welcome to the forum. I too use the eGo, It has worked wonderfully for me. I haven't tried a MOD like Kingbetheone, but they are very good also. Good luck!

welcome. If you are tight on money you can get yourself started off with an ego passthrough for $15.99 a bottle of dekang 30ml for $8.99 and an atomizer for $7.99 for a total of $32.97 plus shipping from mikeusa.com. Which is a pretty good deal! The passhrough works great I plug mine in when i go to bed then wake up unplug it then plug it right back in to charge what ever power was lost over night (it will only charge until it is full then stop you have to unplug it to get it to charge again) take my shower and then unplug it and it will last me all day and into the night and I am a heavy vapor. Hope you find something you like! again that is mikeusa.com.

Also watch some reviews on youtube it is a great way to discover all the different types of mods (different things to vape out of which there has to be over a 100 different ones) and see which one you like the look of. Some people start off with a 510 because it looks so much like a cigarette (like myself) and some start off with a 5volt mod or whatever.

Edited by turtle11c

Welcome to Vapor Talk! You can't go wrong with an Joye eGo. It's got long battery life (8+ hours per battery) and the 2.2ohm atty will give you a great throat hit. There are a lot of options for the eGo now so there's plenty of other atomizers/cartomizers you can try down the road if you wanted.

Greetings

I'd recommend against the ecigs that don't have a lot of options (like the volcano, blucigs or greensmoke), they cost a lot, and generally only work with the cartomizers that the company sells, i bought a blucig a week ago, and ended up ordering an ego an hour ago, because i can get an enormous battery, a pass-through, cartomizers, atomizers, and all kinds of other accessories for it for not that much $. also, with the proprietary kits, you're limited to the flavors that the company provides (which in the case of blu is exactly 4 (3 if you don't like menthols)). having a huge amount of choice is a wonderous thing, which is why a lot of people are so up on the ego, and why i ordered one. I also looked at the icon from puresmoker.com, which looks exceptionally nice, unfortunately the site has essentially no detailed information about anything it sells, and i couldn't figure out what cartomizers it would work with.

Jon

As a noob who is near a computer ALL day I preferred the KR808 2 piece cig at first. It sometimes felt harsh, the throat hit, so i tried the 510 options.

Most recently I got 510 cartos with a 510 passthrough and really enjoy the flavor more than on KR808.

510 pass through http://www.vaporkings.com/Joye-510-USB-manual-pushbutton-passthrough-cable-p/510-usb-push-blk.htm

510 cartos http://www.vaporkings.com/Joye-eGo-style-blank-cartomizer-Made-by-Sailebao-p/510-cartomizer-blank-slb.htm

I am new to this site have only been a member for a short while and am thinking about purchasing an e cig kit at the beginning of next month..I have tried ecigs before with a Volcano standard kit which worked for awhile and then fizzled out on me..I want to give this another shot with a different ecig but do not know which one is worth my time and money,I would appreciate it if the members of this site could help me with suggestions as to which e cigs they think are good in producing good vapor and a good throat hit...Thank you

I am also very new to vaping but quickly spent a bunch of money chasing the e cig dragon, and can give you my 2 cents to try to help you out. My first e-cig was a disposable 510 model made by a company called Q-smoke. It wasn't too bad, but the liquid it came with was horrible, and well, it's a disposable so it didn't last too long anyway. I bought into the hype and baught a Blu cig. looks kinda cool, but the vapor and also flavor tend to be very inconsistent. I then baught a safe cig. actually not a bad product, but due to the design, and PRICE (89-150 bucks) it ends up lacking. Once I discovered how to open up the cartomizers and refill them myself, the experience got better. Until then there was no way to refill them, so once the cart was about half way empty, it would start acting inconsistent in vapor production and taste. taste is a big one too. although the stock liquid isn't horrible, it's also not great, and you are stuck with it until you vape it all, and even then they are hard to get the taste out of. the safe cig would actually be great for on the go, but there just isn't any compatibility with other carts, atomizers, tanks, and whatever other cool stuff I don't even know about yet, or hasn't even been invented yet. In the end, I just baught a generic 510-t (I know, I know, It's not a Joye). the cool thing about this is, everything is interchangeable. you buy something like a 510, and now you can experiment with different carts, tanks, atomizers, batteries and so on, without having to break the bank. I really wish I would have found this forum before I started, and then actually listened to the experienced people here. don't know if it helps, but I'm really happy with my 510, I not a huge fan of the tank system it came with, but that's me. When I baught it, the guy at the shop gave me a free low resistance cartomizer for it to try out, and I tend to go for that a lot more. It really brings out the flavor of the juice better, and doesn't have a plastic after taste that the tanks have. I plan on picking up an eGo battery, which will screw right on, thanks to the 510 being awesome, with a built in passthrough/charging port, next week. I'm hoping to get my money back on the blu cig, and the safe cig, as I haven't even had them thirty days. hopefully they won't give me any trouble. I hope this helps, and good luck.

I would have echo Jon, There are a lot of properity systems out there. Once you get them you are limited to their products. I made that mistake and had to spend more of hard earned money to get out of that trap. I know that you heard this already but I had to do it all over again. I would start with the Ego or Riva from a reputable dealer. You have the options of a 2 piece system with cartomizers or 3 piece with an atomizer with a cartridge or tank. It seems a lot more versatle than a lot of other systems.

Paul

I joined this site with the same questions about a month ago. I followed everyone's advice and purchased an eGo kit.

I am 100% pleased with my decision! It is a good product with tons of options.