My New Bombshell Mod Arrived Today!

Sharon

I just got my BombShell this morning and it is all charged up. The actual size is 4.2'X 1.3" (Chunky little bugger). The weight of just the case and battery is6.5 oz. She is shinny HellfireFuchsia Brushed Aluminum with a recessed brassbutton. I haven't figured out a name for her yet, that does take some time! Sheis putting out the volts. My first impression is, "this is sweet".I'm using a 2.6 Fluxomizer filled with Sweet-vapes Classis Apple Pie 80/20. Ohso good! Presently, I am using one 18650 2400 mah 3.7 v battery. She can take 2- 3.0 v rcr123 batteries for 5-6 volt vaping.

I am not able to use my eGo Tank system. For some reason my 510 extension has stopped working????? I called Tim @ Hotvapes.net to ask him about the 510 extension on the BombShell (this was before I tried to use the extension on the old box mod). He said that some folks have reported that the 510 extension works great on this mod and some have reported that it doesn't. I am clueless as to why the 510 extension stopped working??? Anyway, I placed an order with GoodProphets for 2 more 510 extensions, along with a 510 - 801 and a 801 - 510 adapters (I want to cover my bases). The order was placed at 4:00 PM EST so I doubt it will bein tomorrow morning. I also went ahead and got another eGo LR Tank Atty sincethey were still on sale for $10. And wouldn't you know it, they had a pink aluminum drip tip for $1.50. Well I had to get that!

I do need a little help. I really don't understand the difference in the various ohm's. Like, what is the difference between the lower ohm and the higher one? And which ones should I be using with the one18650 battery? The website states that if 2 rcr123 batteries are being used for5-6 volt vaping, I would have to use a high resistance atomizer. The low resistance atty's tend to burn out at more than 5 volts. I just don't understand this. At what point is the atty considered high resistance? And whenI get my new 510 extension, does this mean I can't use my LR Tank atty on this mod if I am using 2 rcr123 batteries instead of the 18650?

I am so confused!!!! Confused, yet happy with my new toy! jump.gif

Edited by Sharon

Sharon, congrats on your new toy. Sorry can't really help you with the resistance thing other than to say, my understanding is you use LR atties and cartos on 3.7 to simulate higher volt vaping, so if you are vaping higher volt you don't use LR on them. But there are many people on here with way more smarts on this stuff than me.

Whoo-hoo for you and your new mod :thumbsup:

Sharon

Check out this thread and specifically my post in the thread about the math of volts and resistance.

If that makes sense then take the next step and understand that for an resistance is about the coil size of the atty, a LR atty has a smaller coil and this offers lower resistance, but when you pump more power though the smaller coil you run the risk of overloading it for lack of a better term and pop! Thats why for high voltage higher resistance is suggested, although that lowers the total power.

Go read that one, then read this post again and that should set you on a course for what you're struggling with, if you still need more help let me know.

Ripple, Thank you, I understand now. Last night it was late when I first read your post and link. I was seeing double because I was so tired. But now that I am well rested and have reread them, it all makes since. Thanks again!

Brian, Awesome link!!! I read the whole thing, including the links in the thread. I also copied some of them to a work document because I know I am not going to remember all of this. My brain is just not naturally wired for electronic comprehension!!!!!! LOL You rock my man!!thumbsup.gif

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines