Need Suggestions

Vaponaut

Does anyone have a way to DD and not get the little bit of juice on your bottom lip when you take a draw off of the ecig? If anyone actually has a way to get a consistent vape with good taste and vapor please tell me what mod/device you use and what atty/DT you use. This trial and error over the last 2 months really has me wanting to just switch back to regular cigs.

I haven't found an easy way to just vape. I started with kr808 style with empty cartos and filling them. Went to a reg 510 manual with reg resist att and empty cartridges. Then I bought an eGo XL battery with 2 reg atty's and a drip tip. I also got a couple tank atty's and some tank carts to try that out as well. Is there really a way to vape without so much hassle and mess everywhere? (besides the obvious prefilled cartos that usually taste like ****)

I just finished a wonderful dinner and was sitting on the couch vaping away, thinking how much I am enjoying DD'ing on my eGo. I popped open the laptop, logged on to my new favorite site, and saw this thread.

I have only been vaping for a few days, and have had a lot of trial and error, but I think I have finally gotten the hang of direct dripping. I have a stainless Janty eGo that I am currently using with a standard atty and a drip tip. Finding the right amount of juice to drip has been my biggest challenge. Not enough and I get very little vapor with a nasty taste. Too much juice and I had a gurgling PV with very little vapor.

I have found that three drops of 24mg juice to start gets me 5-6 good puffs, and when I start to get a little hint of "funky" taste I add two more drops. To keep from getting juice on my lip, I will first wipe the tip, in case I happen to dribble on the rim (my wife gets on to me for that at home too! :rolleyes: ) after that I blow across the tip, kinda like blowing on a coke bottle, to force the juice down to the atty.

If I do get too much juice and flood the atty, I take the battery off and dab it with a paper towel, and then blow the extra juice out of the atty. After that, I put it back together and hit it until I get the hint of funk again.

I am liking it, and getting full hits.

I hope this helps, but I am sure it is stuff you already know. :blush:

I don't know it you saw this thread, but maybe this will help you too. Posted by our friend egoluvr

Spent all nite testing this out. I am crossing my fingers that this will help those that are struggling. This example uses 510 fittings but would probably work for other models as well just adjust your supplies according to your model.

What you will need -other than your e-cig (PV) of course:

working 510 standard resistance atty (not tested on LR'S)

* drip tip

* blue foam filler - your only going to need a tiny square of this - you want it cut to about the size of the opening on your atty (or M&M candy) only square- no need to make it round

* your juice of choice

* pair of tweezers

Directions:

* attach the atty to your PV

* using the tweezers gently place the square of blue foam directly down on to the bridge(the peice that sticks up) of the atty.

* squeeze 3-4 drops of liquid onto the blue foam

* pop on your drip tip - and vape

TIPS:

1. be gentle on the first draw or two- this way you can avoid taking any liquid into your mouth if you put a little too much on the filler, likewise if it was not enough you can avoid a huge harsh hit if the atty is too dry.

2. to re fill simply place 2-3 thru your drip tip which will work down to the blue foam whenever you start to loose flavor

Notes: Awesome flavor and vapor production, hits much more consistently than DD without the foam, better flavor then using carts, chance of flooding the atty greatly reduced.

The foam does not burn or stick to the atty after doing this method all night.

Flavor changes are simple - use the tweezers to take out the foam -squeeze with a napkin, tissue , or paper towel, replace and do the same process with your new flavor.

***** I sincerly hope this helps someone - if the method your using now is working well no reason to try this, but if your struggling please give it a try and let me know if it worked for you.

I hope this helps a bit. Personally I never got DD down. I am really enjoying cartomizers.

Yeah I did and tried it but i think it has more to do with the delrin drip tip hole being so small. I'm going to try the cut cart idea Brian uses and see if that works. If not, i'll just switch back to the basics.

Thanks for everyones replies and suggestions.