Harsh Taste

kimba

Hi, I'm new to this and I just received my eGo automatic a few days ago. I have been direct dripping but a lot of times it's very harsh on my throat. I'm using 24 mg. juice so I don't know if it's too strong or I'm doing something wrong. Also, I only put 2 drops every time I use it so I'm thinking I'm running out of juice and sucking in just vapor. I probably take about 10 hits before dripping again. Any advice?? Thanks.

Sounds like you doing everything right. If you are getting harsh hit with no flavor, add more liquid, must don't overdo it especially if you have an auto battery. If you are getting a harsh hit wtih flavor, then you need to drop your nicotine level. You may also want to look at VG if you find that PG e liquid (standard) is to strong :)

sounds to me like not enough liquid also. especially if this is a new atty - just add one drop, test one drop test until it's right , then the 2 drops shoudl be enough when you need to add more the next time. Be patient you'll get it :)

Sounds like you doing everything right. If you are getting harsh hit with no flavor, add more liquid, must don't overdo it especially if you have an auto battery. If you are getting a harsh hit wtih flavor, then you need to drop your nicotine level. You may also want to look at VG if you find that PG e liquid (standard) is to strong :)

I was thinking maybe I need a lower level of nicotine. What is VG and PG liquid??

VG stands for vegetable glycerin- it's said to be less harsh, more vapor production but less throat hit.

PG stands for propleyne Glycol - it's said to provide more throat hit but less vapor production.

VG stands for vegetable glycerin- it's said to be less harsh, more vapor production but less throat hit.

PG stands for propleyne Glycol - it's said to provide more throat hit but less vapor production.

Thanks!! How do you know when you order a certain flavor whether it's VG or PG?

Thanks!! How do you know when you order a certain flavor whether it's VG or PG?

Most vendors will have then info on their site. Some offer all PG, some all VG, and some offer a mix of PG/VG.

Welcome to Vapor Talk! There is a slight learning curve to this process. Take it slow and easy and you'll have it figured out in no time - especially with all the helpful advice you'll receive. Keep the questions coming. Good luck!

Be really careful direct dripping with an auto battery too! Over time the juice can leak into the battery and cause it to not work properly and eventually die. If you want to direct drip (which is my favorite too), I would recommend getting a manual battery when you need to replace next time. For what it's worth, I felt vaping was really harsh on my throat initially too, but after a couple days, and with a lot of water, it passed.