Can You Use A Carto Like An Atty?

rok

This might be a stupid question. The fact that I have looked through several pages in the mod forum, as well as noob questions and tutorials, and haven't seen anything about it makes me think it probably is!

My question is this: Can you take the "guts" out of a carto and use it like an atty for direct dripping? My initial logic tells me that the coils likely wouldn't last long, but I was trying to think of something productive to do with the empty prefilled cartos I have, since they don't seem to refill well.

I thought I would like using cartos more than anything, but I am actually enjoying dripping more. It seems to me, that dripping is more cost effective, and has a better taste.

You can but they leak worse than a Bauway atty.The ones with the brass threads come apart easier than the ones with the aluminum ones but there is nothing to hold the liquid in them after you take out the gudgeons.

Thanks guys. I figured there was a reason that I didn't see anything about it! Must not be a great idea.

Who knows? You may have a good idea for something new.

Don't let us stop you from experimenting with your ideas. Without your kind of questions, there would be no light bulb.

Gary

I read you can do it to a dying Carto, just to get buy till new ones come in. They arent supposed to last more than a day or so but will work in an ER. I tried to remove the fluff, but yanked everything else instead. Let us know if you try it successfully.