My 5 Obligatory Posts

perroblanco

Hey Folks, I've been a member for a while now but haven't spent much time in the forums. I tend to keep my head down and ears open until I've had enough time to get to know the people,jargon,and products.

Now that I'm ready to post something worth reading I found out that there is a 5 post minimum.....ARG! I hope I don't ruffle any feathers but I'm gonna rock through 5 posts quick so I can run with the big dogs on VTF.

Q. Has anyone devised a plan to ween themselves off of nicotine altogether? Is there a website,chart, or formula showing the best way to meet this goal?

You can just go to the introduction section and say "welcome" to a few people to get your posts. :)

I'm not aware of any step down type chart or formula. Most of the people I've heard of going 0 nic have just decreased their nic over time. If you're vaping 24mg, cut back to 18 mg and when you're comfortable with that, drop down to 12 or 8 and so on. There are some former heavy smokers who are now low or 0 nic vapers. I'm sure they'll be along to share how they did it.

Oh five posts isn't a big burden, besides it lets us get to know you some. Besides most of the big dogs here don't bite.

Welcome and enjoy the VT space.

Personally, I love my nico and have no plan to ween myself!

Welcome to the forum Steve. I haven't weaned myself down yet, I'm at 24mg. I tried to go down to 18mg but that didn't work. I want to go down and probably one of these days I will succeed. You'll have your posts in not time at all Good luck with your vaping journey.

I started at 24, and am now down to 18 or 20ish w/ some juices. I like my nicotine like I like my coffee. Don't know how much lower, when or if I'll go lower.

...bout time you get 5 posts in!

Just like Troop said, and welcome to VT!

Welcome to Vapor Talk. I don't know of any chart either. I started out at 36mg and then got some juice that was 24. I did fine with so tried 18mg. Didn't have any problems there, so tried some 16mg. No problem. I just seemed to work my way right down to 0 and never had a problem at all. A lot of people have though. I still use 0 nic a lot, but have a bunch of nic juice left, so I'm using nic sometimes because I can not and will not just toss any juice. LOL I have days when I need that nic and I vape some at 12mg, but other days I'm really fine with 3 or 6 or even 0. I like having the options. Besides, I don't think there is any real harm in the nic, so I'm not worried about it at all.