Joye Ego Tank

Morfeeus

I have had my eGo tank for a few weeks now and have encountered a few problems but have also learned how to work around these problems to make using this tank system a little less aggrevating. I have read on here how some others have found the system a little lacking and I'm hoping that some of my tricks/suggestions may improve their results with the tank. So, I hope this helps :)

Leaking Issues:

-When attaching your tank atty to the battery, DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN. I've noticed that the tighter I attach the atty, the more often my atty leaks. So, basically, when I attach my atty to the battery, I will screw it on until you feel it catch. At that point, I give it just the minor twist and that's it.

-When you start noticing the "draw" becoming more and more like sucking a thick milkshake thru a straw, it's time to blow out the atty. This is a sign the atty is getting flooded and soon, it will start leaking out of the holes near where the atty attaches to the battery. By sucking on the cart when the "draw" gets harder, you are just pulling more and more juice into the atty and leaking is not far away. Personally, I blow from the top where the cart plugs in.

Dry Hits:

-When you have a dry atty either from it being new or having just blown it out, you will want to give a few good hard draws before activating the battery to actually vape. This will pull liquid into the wicking system.

-DO NOT FILL TANKS TOTALLY FULL. I'm not sure why, but a completely filled tank will not drip juice properly and you will get dry hits. I think you need that little air bubble to help force the fluid into the wicking system. I usually will fill mine leaving an area about the thickness of two dimes empty. This seems to help with eliminating dry hits.

I also have noticed that sometime you get a "plastic" taste in the juice. I have found out that I notice this mostly with tanks that have been pre-filled and have sat in the tank for longer than a day. So, I try to only fill what I think I will use that day. If I do end up filling a tank and not vaping it by the end of the day, I will pour the liquid back in the bottle instead of storing it in the tank for the next days use.

Well, I hope some of this will help those enjoy their eGo tank system more with less problems. The tank system is far from perfect, but it does the job when it is inconvenient to DD. I'm sure some if not all of my "tricks" are not new to some but I did want to share my experiences with VT in the hopes that I may be able to help some fellow vapors enjoy their tanks system more and possibly eliminate any problems that I have read that some are encountering.

Very good post thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I am liking my ego tank.

I have one tip to add--I have found if the vapor or throat hit seems to be slowing down--if I pull the cart out just a bit, it seems to help alot--I'm guessing an airflow for wicking issue.

Knock on wood, no leaking issues yet.

It's just unfortunate that they affect the flavor and throat hit like they do... or at least for me they did. I haven't tried the LR version yet, and that probably helped a lot, but I have still seen people saying much of the same stuff that they did before. I think I better just stick to what works for me for now... why change something if I'm already happy with it, right? :thumbsup:

It's just unfortunate that they affect the flavor and throat hit like they do... or at least for me they did. I haven't tried the LR version yet, and that probably helped a lot, but I have still seen people saying much of the same stuff that they did before. I think I better just stick to what works for me for now... why change something if I'm already happy with it, right? :thumbsup:

I completely agree Dayvape. I love the concept, and I love the look of the Ego Tank atty, I just couldn't get over the fact that my juice taste seemed modified. I think I'll have to look into the LR Tank atty's also.

Edited by mwsmith1778

I completely agree Dayvape. I love the concept, and I love the look of the Ego Tank atty, I just couldn't get over the fact that my juice taste seemed modified. I think I'll have to look into the LR Tank atty's also.

I'm in agreement with both of these guys, somewhat. If you don't use cartos you probably will like the lr tank. It hits just a little bit better and the taste of the juice is a little bit better. I think that Good Prophets has the tank on sale although I can't remember for sure. It's even lower than Totally Wicked and they have been on sale there recently. The tank is great when you are out and about. When I'm home I'm a direct dripper, just can't get away. Good luck in your search.

I used my tank system for the first time a couple days ago. The vapor production was awesome! The flavor was compromised though, it didn't taste bad, just "softer.". There wasn't much of a throat hit. It did start to leak at the end of the day, I will try your tips an see if they work next time.

As a relatively new vaper, I am also still trying to find my perfect vape. I was at Philly Vapefest last weekend and someone talked me into buying the Giantomizers (hmmm...just before the manufacturer acknowledged they 'sucked' and stopped making them) but I was also fortunate enough to win an Ego T-tank system in the raffle. While I agree it is not yet perfect, it is better than the Giantomizer (I have 3 unused ones...anyone interested?). After reading this thread, I am liking the tank a little better. Based on the advice here, I tend to vape about 1/2 a tank then put a blank cartridge on and vape for 20 - 30 hits just off the juice sitting in the atty. I then snap the tank back on, vape the other half (being careful not to try to vape the tank dry or that last hit pulls juice into my mouth) then repeat. While I agree this is not the perfect system, it seems to be working for now and produces a nice vapor and keeps the unit from leaking. I got TONS of juice samples at Vapefest and am still experimenting, but other than the fried apple from Top Vapor, I haven't found any that I like as much as my original ones I ordered from Vaporrenu. Could just be that I am used to them, but still my favorites. I am running a LR atomizer with the tank which I think makes a big difference. I generally fill 3 or 4 tanks each night and in combination with some occassional dripping in my reserve unit, this seems to get me most of the way through the day. This was my goal from the start; what can I prep the night before and be set for the following day? The one issue that I would appreciate some input on, however is this - once a tank is punctured for the first time, you now have an open hole in the tank and once you refill them, even if you put the condom back on tight, they have a tendency to leak once filled...not all the time, but what a bummer to open the case and find an empty tank and a sticky case!

Edited by PADave

.....The one issue that I would appreciate some input on, however is this - once a tank is punctured for the first time, you now have an open hole in the tank and once you refill them, even if you put the condom back on tight, they have a tendency to leak once filled...not all the time, but what a bummer to open the case and find an empty tank and a sticky case!

I used the same 5 carts for about 3 weeks and never had that happen. That would be a bummer.

personally i agree, anyone who has used LR cartos will not find the tank satisfying ... i still have an unused tank atty and three unused tanks and even in the midst of all my ecig drama i could not get them to satisfy me

Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding now that I've been off analogs for so long, it's getting easier to satisfy me. When I started vaping (Dec 09) it went pretty good. The real bad cravings started a couple months in. I had my 5V PT to use in the evenings, but sometimes at work it was rough. I started vaping 6V around March/April and that was fantastic for me. The throat hit was awesome... just what I needed. That's probably what kept me from slipping. I vaped 6V until sometime around Sept/Oct when I got my Joker AV. With that I dropped back to 4.9V. I haven't hand any cravings for a long time now, but I'm glad I have the option to crank the voltage back up if I do. Anyhow, I said all that because I'm using the Tank at 4.1V and finding it quite satisfying. I've been using it for almost a week now and really like it. Would I have felt that way a year ago? Probably not. I was never able to get much satisfaction from cartos. They got me by when I had to use them, but I only used them when I had to. With the tank, I'll probably never use a carto again.

Hang in there - it does get easier with time.

Edited by Brian

I agree Brian, I absolutely love my eGo tank. I don't have any problems anymore with it leaking as I have learned the tricks to it and although people complain that they lose joose flavor when using it, I notice no difference. I even filled a tank and filled an atty with a drip tip and used them next to each other and did not notice any difference. I also think the Tank atty's I got from GoodProphets are newer versions or something. They work even better than the one I started on from AwesomeVapor.

As a relatively new vaper, I am also still trying to find my perfect vape. I was at Philly Vapefest last weekend and someone talked me into buying the Giantomizers (hmmm...just before the manufacturer acknowledged they 'sucked' and stopped making them) but I was also fortunate enough to win an Ego T-tank system in the raffle. While I agree it is not yet perfect, it is better than the Giantomizer (I have 3 unused ones...anyone interested?). After reading this thread, I am liking the tank a little better. Based on the advice here, I tend to vape about 1/2 a tank then put a blank cartridge on and vape for 20 - 30 hits just off the juice sitting in the atty. I then snap the tank back on, vape the other half (being careful not to try to vape the tank dry or that last hit pulls juice into my mouth) then repeat. While I agree this is not the perfect system, it seems to be working for now and produces a nice vapor and keeps the unit from leaking. I got TONS of juice samples at Vapefest and am still experimenting, but other than the fried apple from Top Vapor, I haven't found any that I like as much as my original ones I ordered from Vaporrenu. Could just be that I am used to them, but still my favorites. I am running a LR atomizer with the tank which I think makes a big difference. I generally fill 3 or 4 tanks each night and in combination with some occassional dripping in my reserve unit, this seems to get me most of the way through the day. This was my goal from the start; what can I prep the night before and be set for the following day? The one issue that I would appreciate some input on, however is this - once a tank is punctured for the first time, you now have an open hole in the tank and once you refill them, even if you put the condom back on tight, they have a tendency to leak once filled...not all the time, but what a bummer to open the case and find an empty tank and a sticky case!

Wow Dave, thats great you won an eGo Tank System at the Fest. I'm not getting the purpose behind " I tend to vape about 1/2 a tank then put a blank cartridge on and vape for 20 - 30 hits just off the juice sitting in the atty. I then snap the tank back on, vape the other half ". Doesn't the atty work better with the juice level consistent in the atty?

I love the convenience of the tank, in the since I don't have to constantly drip or top off. There are a few things I'm not completely happy with. 1) The weak taste 2) The condensation that builds up in the mouth piece of the cart. (I have even removed the flat piece from the mouth tip) and 3) The condensation that builds up on the outside of the cart down in the atty. Even with these three issues, I am still using the tank as my day to day vaping devise.

I had the opportunity to use my tank on an older box mod for about 4 hours. OMG, what a difference! The flavor was better and believe it or not, even more vapor. Now I am on the hunt for a VV mod that is small. I think the ProVari is supper, but way to big for me. I looked at the Little Sister from boxmods.net. She is the perfect size for me, but I understand the batteries only last around 3-4 hours between charging.

Oh, I almost forgot. Dave I have had some tank carts laying around with juice in them for weeks and they haven't leaked. Sorry your having this problem.

I have a few questions for you guys. I love my Ego T, and at first it was AWESOME, but I'm having some issues with mine now. At first, the color and taste of the juice in the cart wasn't affected, but now a clear juice will become dark brown and burnt tasting very quickly- before the cart is half empty. Vapor production is waaaay down. I read that you can clean the atty's by running them under hot water or letting them sit, then blowing them out and letting dry for a day. I've done that, and now all my atty's taste like poo and seems to scorch the juice. Also, I keep having an issue with the atty flooding, so that a lot of juice comes out the top where the battery is, and fills up the cart in the mouthpiece, where there's usual condensation. To be honest, it didn't come with an instruction manual >.> so I've been "winging it". Can anyone tell me what, if any, tricks there are to prevent the flooding, and if any of this is normal? I'm so frustrated >.<

Amaranth, I have found that the tank atty does need some regular maintenance. First let me ask you about the juice you are using in the atty. Is your juice thin or is it thick? The thin e-liquid is what you need to be using. I know that you mentioned that your juices starts off clear but then turns dark and burnt tasting. At least once a week or more I blow my atty out. Blow from the top end and keep blowing until all the juice is out. With a paper towel, wipe the atty end clean. If your tank atty is gunked up that bad you may have to try and clean it out with everclear, by letting it soak for 15 to 30 minutes. I have even heard of soaking atty's in coke. The acid in coke brakes down the caked on funk. Which ever one you choose to soak the atty in, you are going to have to rinse it out real good with HOT water. Blow it out real good and let it air dry for at least 48 hours. (this is where having back ups comes in real handy). The tank atty does not get a natural air flow, so allowing it to dry out for 48 hours is important. The first time you go to use the atty, you will need to let it sit for a little while before using, to allow the wick to get wet. If you are anything like me, waiting is a problem. To help with my problem, I drop one drop of juice on the wick before inserting the cart. Once you get the atty cleaned out and back to normal, you may want to do some preventive cleaning. To help prevent juice build up, try the following. About every three days blow out the atty until all the juice comes out. Take straight PG and pour a little in the top of the atty. Blow it out. Do this a few times, until the PG coming out is clear. Wipe off the atty. The best part is that you do not have to wait to let the atty dry out. When you use PG to clean it out, you can use it right away.

Personally I have found that juice with a higher PG mix works best in the tank. If I use a liquid with a VG mix higher than 30%, I have problems. Also, if I use juice that is dark in color, I have to clean my atty more frequently.

Let me know how you make out.

Okay... I have been using the tank as my primary vaping mechanism for about a week and 1/2 and here are my further observations. I agree that high PG concentration is a must. I have some vaporrenu 60/40 that won't even come out of the tank....too thick. My 80/20 seems to feed fine though....maybe too fine. As everyone seems to indicate, lots of juice getting to the atty. This led me to my earlier comment about vaping 1/2 tank, then removing the tank and vaping 20-30 hits with just a mouth piece and no tank. While yes, not lots of flavor this way, it keeps the atty from totally flooding and eventually leaking. I vape until it dries out (slight burnt taste) then snap the tank back on and complete the tank. Since I am pretty much a low maintenance guy, this seems to suit me better than having to constantly clean, blow out, or fuss with atties. By basically vaping the atty dry, it stays unclogged and burning well. (Again, I use the LR atty.)

I also find that since lots of juice is fed to the atty then you lay the unit on its side (what...put it down...yes while I am working) that the juice tends to leech into the air slots and collect around the top of the mouthpiece. If your not paying attention, juice in the mouth! One question I do have is that based on previous advice I had seen, when I filled the tank the first time, I removed the little plastic circle that was popped in on first use. Is everyone else removing this, or is this perhaps part of my problem with too much juice?

Edited by PADave

Okay... I have been using the tank as my primary vaping mechanism for about a week and 1/2 and here are my further observations. I agree that high PG concentration is a must. I have some vaporrenu 60/40 that won't even come out of the tank....too thick. My 80/20 seems to feed fine though....maybe too fine. As everyone seems to indicate, lots of juice getting to the atty. This led me to my earlier comment about vaping 1/2 tank, then removing the tank and vaping 20-30 hits with just a mouth piece and no tank. While yes, not lots of flavor this way, it keeps the atty from totally flooding and eventually leaking. I vape until it dries out (slight burnt taste) then snap the tank back on and complete the tank. Since I am pretty much a low maintenance guy, this seems to suit me better than having to constantly clean, blow out, or fuss with atties. By basically vaping the atty dry, it stays unclogged and burning well. (Again, I use the LR atty.)

I also find that since lots of juice is fed to the atty then you lay the unit on its side (what...put it down...yes while I am working) that the juice tends to leech into the air slots and collect around the top of the mouthpiece. If your not paying attention, juice in the mouth! One question I do have is that based on previous advice I had seen, when I filled the tank the first time, I removed the little plastic circle that was popped in on first use. Is everyone else removing this, or is this perhaps part of my problem with too much juice?

Dave, I remove the plastic piece from the cart top too. I don't understand why you are having such a difficult time with your tank leaking. My juice is an 80/20 mix, I lay it down on its side when I am not using it (I actually prefer to lay it on its side) and the only problem I have regarding leaking is the darn condensation build up in the mouth piece end and around the outside of the cart that is in the atty. When I vape non-stop, I have seen some small amount of condensation around the top of the atty. I sure hope you figure that out and I also hope I never have that problem. Knock on wood! LOL

Per morf and brian removing the two little plastic peices in the mouth piece helps with the condensation- I have found this to be true.

Also, I remove what's left of that hanging little circle as well.

Furthermore make sure your pushing the cart all the way in, you really have to force it but if you don't it doesn't wick properly and you will either get dry atty, or flooded atty.

hope this helps, i've only been on it a couple days but these are some tips I saw and they are helping me.

I haven't had any problems with leaking and have been using T for a couple of months. The LR is awesome! I prefer a 50/50 mix but no problems with all VG either. Some juices are just thicker than others and it depends on the juice I think. When I get condensation I pop off the little mouth piece and use a Qtip to clean. All better.

• 1 month later...

-When you start noticing the "draw" becoming more and more like sucking a thick milkshake thru a straw, it's time to blow out the atty. This is a sign the atty is getting flooded and soon, it will start leaking out of the holes near where the atty attaches to the battery. By sucking on the cart when the "draw" gets harder, you are just pulling more and more juice into the atty and leaking is not far away. Personally, I blow from the top where the cart plugs in.

Morfeeus,

I am an Ego-t owner as well for 4 weeks now. I am new too vaping and fairly happy with the ego-t not having anything else to compare it to except for a 510 intro kit from Direct e-cig.

I just found this post and from personnel experience believe you are spot on with your tips & tricks.

Could you clarify a few things for me?

#1 I have heard that blowing out the Atty from the battery side is better or works just as well, what’s your take?

#2 Is the LR Atty the way to go with the Tank?

#3 Is the 80/20 mix the best way to go?

#4 Do you find Vaping with the Ego-T better while using the pass thru as opposed to off the pass thru? And would a 1000 mah battery or pass thru vape better?

I thank you in advance for your time and response.

Jonathan

Morfeeus,

I am an Ego-t owner as well for 4 weeks now. I am new too vaping and fairly happy with the ego-t not having anything else to compare it to except for a 510 intro kit from Direct e-cig.

I just found this post and from personnel experience believe you are spot on with your tips & tricks.

Could you clarify a few things for me?

#1 I have heard that blowing out the Atty from the battery side is better or works just as well, what’s your take?

I personally have always blown out the battery end. It probably doesn't matter

#2 Is the LR Atty the way to go with the Tank?

Definately. The LR tanks I got seemed to taste better and really work better all the way around

#3 Is the 80/20 mix the best way to go?

I use mostly a 80/20 or 70/30 PG/VG mix but you can prolly go as low as 50/50 mix without wicking issues

#4 Do you find Vaping with the Ego-T better while using the pass thru as opposed to off the pass thru? And would a 1000 mah battery or pass thru vape better?

I personally don't have a pass thru so I can't answer that but would assume it doesn't matter. Battery size also doesn't matter because they are regulated at the same voltage(3.2v-3.3v I believe)

I thank you in advance for your time and response.

You are more than welcome!!

Jonathan

By the way, I recently quit using the tanks. Not that I was having any problems with them, I just tried some of the new Smoketech Dual Coil Cartomizers and was just so impressed with flavor, vapor production, and ease of use that I prefer them to the eGo tanks. They really are awesome and so low maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering about why I had e-liquid leaking around the mouth peice, I still do not understand how screwing it until it catches or making sure its tight enough to stay on would solve this problem but over all thanks for the guide!