Done With The Ego-T & Need Suggestions

Meziked

Hello All,

As the title says I am finished with the ego-t. It either dry hits or its flooded. Obviously it is not for me or the way I vape.

I have replaced the addy 3 times, tried different pg / vg mixes, tried different tips, tried the wick mod and always end up with either a tank full of wasted fluid all over the battery or the most vile burnt plastic taste in my mouth. I short draw and wait awhile between puffs... dry hits. I long draw and it floods. It seems there is no in between. After 1 month of trial and error I'm ready try something different.

What I want from an e-cig is lots of flavor and vapor. Something I dont have to wait 2 or 3 minutes between drags and dont have to worry about being covered in e-juice. What I have now is a 650mah batt for an ego, so I would like to use something that can use that battery.

I have to keep the cost on the lower side, I am going to try a bottom feeder in a few months but right now I need something I can vape and keep me away from the analogs... Man do I want one... The more frustrated I get with the ego-t the more I think about how easy and satisfying it was to smoke. So nothing is Taboo, If dripping seem it will fit me or a cartomiser, I'll explore it. Regular cart on a mega addy, I'll try anything at this point. I loved the ego-t when I would get a reat hit from it... but they were few and far between...

Edited by Meziked

If you're going to use your eGo battery, you're going to be looking at different styles of atomizers and cartomizers. Although you can use an adapter to stray away from the native 510 connection, I think that your best bet would be to try direct dripping on a lr510 atomizer, and also try filling a couple cartomizers to see if you prefer the convenience of not having to drip every 6-7 puffs. I would suggest a joye lr510 and a 5 pack of Boge Soft tip 2.0 ohm cartos. You can pick both of these up from a vendor like vaporkings.com for around 20 bucks. This will give you an idea as to what works best for you. Chris and the vaportalk staff have videos posted on this forum that will give you some best practices for using both methods, and they have been a great help to myself as well. Feel free to ask any questions, and best of luck!

Sorry to hear your having such a bad go with the T. It wasn't my favorite either.. Vapor Kings is having a great sale on Boge cartos right now. Maybe give those a try... Attys were always hit and miss with me, but if you like them I just saw a post by egoluvr explaining a great way to drip. Good luck with discovering your perfect vape!

I would suggest 2 things:

1. Regular or Low Resistance Joye 510 attomizer and direct dripping.

2. Boge LR cartomizer.

Use the atty and dripping when you can, use the LR carto when on the go (like when driving our out and about).

Dripping does take some practice and you probably will have some leaks while learning, but it won't take long to know when to drip.

Sorry the T didn't work out. I just received mine yesterday and getting ready to try them for myself.

Dang! Three poeple posted before I finished - I'm losing my touch! LOL!

Edited by Brian

I would suggest 2 things:

1. Regular or Low Resistance Joye 510 attomizer and direct dripping.

2. Boge LR cartomizer.

Use the atty and dripping when you can, use the LR carto when on the go (like when driving our out and about).

Dripping does take some practice and you probably will have some leaks while learning, but it won't take long to know when to drip.

Sorry the T didn't work out. I just received mine yesterday and getting ready to try them for myself.

Heck, I'm still trying to figure out why you always tell people "you could use a carto when you are driving or out and about". I guess I'm doing things all wrong then... since the carto is all I use and prefer. Man, someone needs to write up a 'vaping manual', so newbies (and myself) will know what to use where, etc. LOL! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I did not enjoy my tank system either, seemed like the flavor was different. I think though that maybe I am starting to figure out the cartomizers. I won't give advice because I am still pretty new but, read all the posts about cartos and try all the suggestions, fill and let sit overnight, clean out the tube etc. I bet some of the pros will tell you exactly what you need to do. Anything is better than going back to the analogs. Good Luck and hang in there. :construction:

dude or dudette,

Been down the EGO route myself, not the T, was disappointed as well, mainly with the battery issues and cost... i bought a 3.7v screwdriver mk2 from totally wicked, uses protected $10 battery's that last 2 days of use, and uses the 901 which is my fav, ALWAYS go LR for best hits!!! $ 75 for a kit, wont be disappointed

Since I abhor cartos, I'd say you can't go wrong with direct dripping on a LR 306 or 510. You'll get the vapor and TH that you need with the right juice. The ego tank system was a huge fail for me for all the same reasons too... on both the sr and lr atty. While dd is inconvenient- it works the best, aside from a bottom feeder IMO.

Good luck- and hang in there!

I will tell you I was a tank supporter for about two weeks and then reality set in and I now have 3 T-Attys (one unused) and about six unopened tanks sitting in a draw gathering all the dust.

It was then that I went back to trying dripping and never looked back. Sure its a pain while driving, sure it can be a bit messy on a rare occasion but its the best bang for the buck in my book (lots of B's in that sentence). I have a bottom feeder coming my way - sooooon I hope, until then its drip drip vape for me.

Anyone need want to buy my T products?

WOW!!!!

I had no idea I would get a reply by this many people this fast...

I was looking at the lr 306's DD and how everyone raves about them but I dont know how to set one up on a ego battery...

any suggestions?

Heck, I'm still trying to figure out why you always tell people "you could use a carto when you are driving or out and about". I guess I'm doing things all wrong then... since the carto is all I use and prefer. Man, someone needs to write up a 'vaping manual', so newbies (and myself) will know what to use where, etc. LOL! :thumbsup:

Maybe someday you'll come around. LOL!

Just posting what works for me. It's good for everyone to have options. Personally, I don't get the satisfaction from a carto like I do from an atty.

WOW!!!!

I had no idea I would get a reply by this many people this fast...

I was looking at the lr 306's DD and how everyone raves about them but I dont know how to set one up on a ego battery...

any suggestions?

The 306 has the same thread as the 510, so it will screw right on to you eGo. However, I think with the drip tip you won't be able to use the cone.

Maybe someday you'll come around. LOL!

Just posting what works for me. It's good for everyone to have options. Personally, I don't get the satisfaction from a carto like I do from an atty.

I hadn't 'yanked any chains' yet today, so... you became the 'chosen one' I guess you could say, I had to get my fix for the day ya know? :thumbsup:

I hadn't 'yanked any chains' yet today, so... you became the 'chosen one' I guess you could say, I had to get my fix for the day ya know? :thumbsup:

I know what you were doing - I was just yanking back. :)

The 306 has the same thread as the 510, so it will screw right on to you eGo. However, I think with the drip tip you won't be able to use the cone.

They have extended drip tips for the 306 and the ego cone. Works well. You will have to get a 306 drip tip for sure though

sorry the tank is not working for you. I love mine and can not live without it. Vaping and I do not get a long when I do not have a eGo T Atomizer on hand. My atomizer broke and they re-sent me a new one. Just got it today! only problem I see is you go through a lot of liquid with them, but it is all good. I guess the one you got needs to be returned for a new one.

Well, I have ordered from Vapor Kings befor and I have their nice little 10% off coupon I have not used yet.....

but.... no 306xl drip tip.. they have everything else I need but no drip tip =(.

I have decided to try a 306 lr, and I need a ego cone and a xl drip tip...

I realy dont want to pay for shipping twice... Any suggestions?

sorry the tank is not working for you. I love mine and can not live without it. Vaping and I do not get a long when I do not have a eGo T Atomizer on hand. My atomizer broke and they re-sent me a new one. Just got it today! only problem I see is you go through a lot of liquid with them, but it is all good. I guess the one you got needs to be returned for a new one.

I think the wick in it is fried or something. Taste is horrible and it leaks juice like mad. My Girlfriends ego-t works pretty well, but the chance of me getting 2 bad addys that do the same thing is probably slim.

****edit***** thought I got one addy from VK, but it turns out I just got my tanks from them.

Edited by Meziked

If you decide you wanna give the Tank another shot, read up on my post on tips and tricks. It may alleviate some of the problems you are having. The tank system is far from perfect, but it is convenient and pretty decent when you can get past common problems. Hope this may help you.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/11337-joye-ego-tank/

Well, I have ordered from Vapor Kings befor and I have their nice little 10% off coupon I have not used yet.....

but.... no 306xl drip tip.. they have everything else I need but no drip tip =(.

I have decided to try a 306 lr, and I need a ego cone and a xl drip tip...

I realy dont want to pay for shipping twice... Any suggestions?

Suggestions? YES! @#$! the cone. I use 510 lr Cartos and attys and haven't screwed a cone on my ego in months. You dont need the cone, so skip it till the next time you order from somewhere and if they have one get it then. You know there will be a next time; till then you dont need it!

dude.

Edited by elDuderino

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BIG thanks to Schlitz, DAYVAPE, Beans and Brian. Got a LR 510 adyy and 5 510 2.0 carto's in the mail from Vaporkings today. OMG, I didn't know vapeing could be so sweet. First I tried to drip and learned very quickly I have way to much nic in my juice. Got the dizzy weird feeling. So I cut my juice with a little VG I had... OMG!!!! Flavor for days, I probably sat around and vaped up 5ml with the biggest grin on my face. Then I tried my carto's...... Filled it up via the "condom" method... Oh yeah.. same flavor, little less vapor and TH but a really cool mist and all around great vape. I'm wishing I had all the samples that got wasted on the tank. So it looksl ike I will be juice shopping tonight.

Again... THANKYOU!!!! I have found my PV!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Meziked